50 somethings

Options

Replies

• beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    Hit my first 25 lbs lost mark today. I'm trying to walk at least 7000 steps a day though it's hard cramming that much walking in while at work. I've been sticking to my calorie limit pretty well...even staying under.

Excellent -- keep it up!
  • ShareASmile
    ShareASmile Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have failed miserably with tracking and with exercise. Lots of excuses, but I'm not giving up! Tracking my food is going to start tomorrow and I'm going to find some way to exercise even though my equipment at home is broken. I'm not going to let all the hard work of several months ago go to waste! Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and is ready to enjoy the Christmas season!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    I have failed miserably with tracking and with exercise. Lots of excuses, but I'm not giving up! Tracking my food is going to start tomorrow and I'm going to find some way to exercise even though my equipment at home is broken. I'm not going to let all the hard work of several months ago go to waste! Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and is ready to enjoy the Christmas season!

Lots of good workouts on YouTube. I know that some folks on here follow those routines for their daily workouts.

I love your comment - "I'm not going to let all the hard work of several months ago go to waste!"

You can do this! "Never give up - never surrender!"

• ShareASmile
    Options
    @alteredsteve175 Thanks for the supportive words and the YouTube suggestion, Steve! I will definitely check those out.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I turned 50 last week so I'm now eligible to join this thread :D
    Unfortunately I'm on an all exclusive holiday celebrating so I'm really going to need to focus when I get back!
    I lost 57lb before I went and I want to lose at least another 50 (plus what I gain while away)
  • bionicdiver
    bionicdiver Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Five-Oh here from Raleigh NC. Still working hard, pushing the weights, staying strong. Planning to cut a few pounds over the next few weeks.
  • DjLap
    DjLap Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    51 here
  • fFinfan66
    fFinfan66 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    14 days straight,scale moving in the negative direction.It’s never to late to change.Let’s do it!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I'm on an all exclusive holiday celebrating so I'm really going to need to focus when I get back!
    I lost 57lb before I went and I want to lose at least another 50 (plus what I gain while away)

Sounds fun! Did you go somewhere fabulous?!
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »

Sounds fun! Did you go somewhere fabulous?!

We did 2 nights miami, on our 5th night in Mexico before stopping off in new York for a night. Then back home on Friday to miserable England.

(That should of course read all inclusive but when you have mojitos for lunch it's hard to focus :D:D:D:D)
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    Hey hey hey! Just checking in - TGIF and all that!
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    Is this thing on? Bueller? Bueller? Check in and let everyone know you're still around!

Merry Christmas, everyone!
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    I'm here, but struggling to get back into logging - work stress, Christmas stress, put 8lb back on and had a very social week.
    I'm trying to avoid the "sod it till after Christmas" mentality but failing miserably.
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    I'm here, but struggling to get back into logging - work stress, Christmas stress, put 8lb back on and had a very social week.
    I'm trying to avoid the "sod it till after Christmas" mentality but failing miserably.

Yes, it's hard. Temptation is everywhere. I'm just hoping to hold the line until the New Year.
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    So far so good. Minor weight gain as of today!
  • Taylor__24
    Taylor__24 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello...57 here, will be 58 next month, I'd love to have some friends my age who share similar fitness interests.
  • fFinfan66
    fFinfan66 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Happy New Years to all u 50 somethings!Keep on moving and shaking,we can transform ourselves!Its never to late!
  • MountainTopMom
    MountainTopMom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    51 here. Lost 30 lbs last year. At least that much to go, and will evaluate when I get there. That will put me at 170, lowest for decades. I mostly hike, but treadmill with the sun disappearing before I can get home. I'm on Day 290 of 10,000 steps a day streak, WooHoo! Need to get back to lifting weights. I try to track my food, but definitely don't eat clean. I'm in this for the long haul, have been checking in daily for over a year. Feel free to add me if you think we'd be motivating for each other.
  • ShareASmile
    Options
    I'm back! Took a long break (unfortunately) during the Christmas season and am pretty much starting over from scratch. New Year is the perfect time, right? Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!
  • dgraf123
    dgraf123 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, just joined yesterday and am excited about using this app to help me lose weight and be the healthy person I know I’m supposed to be. Turning 52 next week and would love to get some friends from this group for motivation! I need to lose 50 lbs to reach my goal of 150!! :)