January 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Let me tell you, going on vacation is both wonderful and a curse because alllllll the work just piles up waiting for your return! I am so tired tonight, but I did complete two miles this evening.

Also, can I just say that I am really tired of rain? It has rained every day this week and is warm and humid and gross.

I’m off to shower and relax with some Great British Bake Off!

1/1: 3
    1/3: 2

5/40 miles

LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

Elise4270 wrote: »
    Let me tell you, going on vacation is both wonderful and a curse because alllllll the work just piles up waiting for your return! I am so tired tonight, but I did complete two miles this evening.

That is usually the case over a holiday with us, buuuuut, lucky me - someone will have to pick up a few things that are time sensitive :wink: enjoy the bake off! I always want treats when I watch that show.

BUUUUT same here. Especially when chocolate is involved, those episodes really give me cravings 🤣

• sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    @almostsuperpowered I like running with headphones but mine tend to freeze. Either that or the cord headphone adaptor on my stupid modern phone is broken (but I don't have problems indoors with it). Or my phone is freezing. It's very frustrating. So last winter I learned to run without music. Now it depends on my mood. Of course I wanted to run with music yesterday and it wouldn't work.

A sub-60 10K sounds like a great goal!
  • abowersgirl
    Options
    dewit wrote: »
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Kimtrooper wrote: »
    Second run this morning of 4km & 4 kangaroos hopping past. Faster than me of course lol. [...] 😀

Wow, fantastic! I thought this was just possible in the movies (with special effects and all). Nice for you!

So... are you still in 2018? :lol:

I hate to break it to you but Australia is ahead of almost everyone else (NZ wins there) so technically @Kimtrooper is in the future

@Avidkeo : are you absolutely sure? :wink: https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/deja-vu-new-year-s-display-in-australia-mistakenly-welcomes-2018-1.4236765 :smiley:

I knew there was more to this than someone not being aware of the time difference 🤣🤣🤣
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Kimtrooper wrote: »
    Second run this morning of 4km & 4 kangaroos hopping past. Faster than me of course lol. [...] 😀

Wow, fantastic! I thought this was just possible in the movies (with special effects and all). Nice for you!

So... are you still in 2018? :lol:

I hate to break it to you but Australia is ahead of almost everyone else (NZ wins there) so technically @Kimtrooper is in the future

@Avidkeo : are you absolutely sure? :wink: https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/deja-vu-new-year-s-display-in-australia-mistakenly-welcomes-2018-1.4236765 :smiley:

Bahaha typical aussies!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,440 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @lporter229!
  • Fitatelo
    Fitatelo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    January 4th: 2.5/25 miles
  • abowersgirl
    Options
    I think I'm going to do my jog outside, it is unseasonably warm (almost spring weather rather than January weather)

So I noticed that I am fine running as long as I have head phones and music to listen too (even if it gets annoying) or watching tv while I am indoors...keeping my mind off my body has really helped with the longevity of the run. I have tried without but my mind concerns itself with What my body is doing and it seems I quit a lot sooner and give a lot less effort or too much effort all at once. I was wondering how other people keep their mind off their body while running?