JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Elbee1 wrote: »
    @toalijasa @faebert Thank you, both.
    My daughter was better, yesterday, and got shot that she really needed to have. Also, she saw ob/gyn high risk doctor.

JFT 1/4/19 Friday
    *Red cup challenge- but 4 cups will be acceptable for me. That is how poor I am at drinking water. Just 4 cups daily is HUGE for me.

Let's all make it a great day!!
    Elbee1

Keep us updated about your daughter. So glad she is better.
    Re: water consumption. I, too, started out at a much lower amount of water when I began last year. I have now worked my way up to 8 cups, although I usually am calling it a win at 6. It takes a bit of time but I truly saw benefits.
    I started out small and increased every couple of days.
    I drink to cups first thing in the morning and then I try to get a couple of more cups in before noon. This way I only have 2-4 more to go, depending on what I am reaching for.
    I count herbal tea without sugar as a water amount.
    I do keep a glass out on the island to remind me to drink water
    And just do it!!!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hugs @frenchfancy2014 - sounds like a tough time.

@snowflake1968 your dad looks like a kind man in that photo. Lovely memory.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Up early this morning to workout before I have to get the kids up and ready for an early pickup by their dad. Yesterday was hectic and I ended up skipping usual mealtimes/ grabbing a snack lunch late and then was overtired and hungry last night so made some poor decisions. But I actually feel quite positive today as I thought through the reasons and have now got more than information to keep me on track. I must remember that I need to eat regularly. Between exercise, chores and little sleep etc I have a super busy life and I need to fuel it properly. When I let the tank get completely empty it’s understandable that my body cries out for high calorie, low nutrient food. And willpower can’t always fight what is a natural physical survival instinct. So I am moving on with more knowledge and hopefully power to look after myself properly.

Friday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Finish laundry ✅
    - Older daughter’s room ✅
    - Take clothes to charity shop/recycling bank
    - Take instruments back to rental shops ✅
    - Kids pack for weekend with their dad ✅
    - Wash kids hair ❎
    - Email lawyer ❎
    - Meet N for coffee in the afternoon/ walk with kids ✅
    - Health food store❎
    - Online grocery shop ✅
    - Stay mindful in the evening - re-read 2019 goals❎
    - Early night ❎

Saturday goals
    - morning workout
    - Get kids up and wash hair before their dad arrives (he never does it and they always come back to me a bedraggled and often a bit grubby mess 🙄
    - Email lawyer
    - Put away last laundry load
    - Health food store/ groceries
    - See bf in the evening
    - Stay mindful- re-read 2019 goals
    - Water! Jan challenge

Have a lovely start to the weekend all x
  • toaljasa
    Options
    I didn't post my jft's today. But I did get my 6 cups of water in. I'm like Bex, I tray and get 2-4 in before noon, sometimes by 8!
    I did not exercise but I did clean the house so I had some activity
    Did this month's budget. Will discuss with the hubs tomorrow and then begin on the yearly budget.
    Logged my food---was over by 225 calories...oh wait, I had two glasses of wine. Okay so golly gee I think I'm just gonna call DO OVER!!! (Yikes, that was awful...I was not taking every bite captive)

JfT, tomorrow!
    TAKE EVERY BITE CAPTIVE
    No al-kee-hall
    Work on yearly budget goals
    Work on yearly goals
    Meal planning for the week
    Drink 6-8 cups of water
    Exercise
    Write in prayer journal
    Be grateful---and write it down!

Peace and joy!
  • toaljasa
    Options

This might not be needed...but we can give it a whirl...

What if we each contribute one recipe for a healthy but tasty meal in two weeks? So, this first time would be for meals beginning Monday the 14th. This would give us time to post the recipes and shop for them. If at least 7 people participate that would be a week's worth! If there's more then we have choices!!!

I like to cook and I like trying new dishes. But I don't like researching them.

If no one is interested that's fine and dandy. I'll just stick with allrecipes....

If you want to give it a go:

List the nutritional value, if possible (MFP has a neat option where you can enter the ingredients and voila! it will provide the nutrients.)

Don't worry about allergies. If someone's allergic to something in the menu then oh well. They move to another one.

Links to a recipe are welcome.

Please only share one meal each week. If your meal has more than one recipe, great!

I'll share mine tomorrow :)

• shakenbake57
    shakenbake57 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Did it! Only one drink this Friday night! Tomorrow is very busy AND I will get in a workout.
  • Fitatelo
    Fitatelo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    January 4th:
    -Get to the gym 👍
    -Walk 30 mins 👍
    -Stay in the green 👍

I really didn't want to go to the gym this morning, it was a struggle and a half!! But honestly the accountability of knowing I put it on here helped motivate me.

January 5th:
    -Get to the gym
    -Walk 30 mins
    -Stay in the green
  • supergirlrekha
    supergirlrekha Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    January 5th: 60 min of walking. Eating within calorie deficit.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Saturday 5 Jan

Neighbours are coming to dinner tonight so plan, shop and cook a meal that does not take me too far into the red
    No alcohol before the meal
    Log accurately, drink water as well as wine with my meal
    Water challenge
    Meet Fitbit excercise goals
    Laundry
    Tidy 10 items away
    Clean and tidy 1 kitchen cupboard
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,067 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    So as you've all guessed I've had a bumpy start to the year which has affected my general goals. but I want to get right back into it before I get used to doing not doing it! it's going to take a lot of effort on my part!

the kids are doing my head in today. they're just bring so loud! they have no concept of their own noise. when they talk theyre only like a meter away yet they speak as if I'm 50 meters away or deaf!
    ive got them clambering all over me, Casey included!!!
    youd think after 5 years of having kids and waking up early I would be a morning person by now but ohhhhh no.

just typing this Casey has gone to sit on the dog..
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,067 Member
    Options
    I'm not even lying lol...
    fn7akihogfcz.jpg
  • kkcruickshank
    kkcruickshank Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Today I will go to the gym, meet my water goals and stay within my calorie limit.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Send D to library to pick up book on hold.
    2. Head to tech fair. Check on IXL account with math dept. Plan assessments for unit 1. Set up class website for E2. Update Goodreads. Duo. Type Unit 1 plans. CALL S1 PARENTS.
    3. English II: Print syllabus. Print S1 notes file. Copy survey. Print Personal Prologue. Need to practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Need to practice title capitalization and major/minor title formatting. Need to practice S/V agreement with there is / there are. List of Caesar vocab. Check on syllabus, standards, other supplies. Compare roster to completed summer projects! :D
    4. English I: Write Unit 1 plan. Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles), as well as major vs minor titles. Put books under desks.
    5. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    6. Write blog post. Lang8 journal entry. Pay for new term. Plan article on building up to public speaking for EJ. Pull audio files from CDs.
    7. Therapy exercises. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Set up new credit card at Y tomorrow.

JFT Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Leave for Y by 8:30. Update the account with the new credit card.
    3. Strength class. Treadmill. Zumba. Duo. Contact B. Check in with parents.
    4. Put laundry away. Update grocery list. Saag. Meringue cookies. Lang8 journal entry. Blog post.
    5. Pull audio files from CDs. List assessments for English I and compare to standards.
    6. Therapy exercises. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    Today: 189.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    3. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs (Dollar Tree), cookbook. Fix laptop bag. Find a recipe for squash soup that looks good.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, Harvey Mansfield, or Robert Adams). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I guess i didnt post goals yesterday? I think i typed them out but didnt post because i came home and did laundry and chores because i thought i had made goals hahaha. So today!

1. Finish laundry
    2. Put away laundry
    3. Smoothie for breakfast
    4. Waters!
    5. DH quality time
    6. Farm visit for sausage, cheddar, and Jersey cream
    7. Salad with veggie burger for lunch
    8. Log all food
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    This is my favourite picture of my Dad it was taken in 2007 by a cousin of mine. It truly captured the twinkle in his eye that was always there.c90tqvkppd9a.jpeg

Super pic. Can see why it’s your favourite. Special. Xxx
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    vla246 wrote: »
    Committing to drinking 2l of water today even though I'm not feeling well and would prefer just to drink juice/soda

So get this 😅 me too!
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    Hi 57 here and live in Calif. Lurked off and on last year, got off track with health issues in 2017 and 2018, even though kept telling myself to get going. Word for 2019 is CONSISTENCY.
    Jan challenge YES !

Love your term ‘ lurking’ - that so captures what I did last year! So instead let’s lurk on here in 2019 and turn lurking into positive 🤣😇
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Up early this morning to workout before I have to get the kids up and ready for an early pickup by their dad. Yesterday was hectic and I ended up skipping usual mealtimes/ grabbing a snack lunch late and then was overtired and hungry last night so made some poor decisions. But I actually feel quite positive today as I thought through the reasons and have now got more than information to keep me on track. I must remember that I need to eat regularly. Between exercise, chores and little sleep etc I have a super busy life and I need to fuel it properly. When I let the tank get completely empty it’s understandable that my body cries out for high calorie, low nutrient food. And willpower can’t always fight what is a natural physical survival instinct. So I am moving on with more knowledge and hopefully power to look after myself properly.

Friday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Finish laundry ✅
    - Older daughter’s room ✅
    - Take clothes to charity shop/recycling bank
    - Take instruments back to rental shops ✅
    - Kids pack for weekend with their dad ✅
    - Wash kids hair ❎
    - Email lawyer ❎
    - Meet N for coffee in the afternoon/ walk with kids ✅
    - Health food store❎
    - Online grocery shop ✅
    - Stay mindful in the evening - re-read 2019 goals❎
    - Early night ❎

Saturday goals
    - morning workout
    - Get kids up and wash hair before their dad arrives (he never does it and they always come back to me a bedraggled and often a bit grubby mess 🙄
    - Email lawyer
    - Put away last laundry load
    - Health food store/ groceries
    - See bf in the evening
    - Stay mindful- re-read 2019 goals
    - Water! Jan challenge

Have a lovely start to the weekend all x

It’s nice that you had a good visit with your ex MIL. Too many in your shoes wouldn’t make the effort. The children lose when that happens.