What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• Lastchancetochange
    Lastchancetochange Posts: 146 Member
    45 minutes spinning peloton
  • annamargy
    annamargy Posts: 2 Member
    I love Body combat. Punching the air, squats, burpees and leaping around burns 700 calories!
    Also, Fight fit, a mix of boot-camp and judo followed by pilates to stretch out those muscles. I feel nicely fit at 57.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Yoga, dead hangs, handstands, pull-ups and jumprope...
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    annamargy wrote: »
    I love Body combat. Punching the air, squats, burpees and leaping around burns 700 calories!
    Also, Fight fit, a mix of boot-camp and judo followed by pilates to stretch out those muscles. I feel nicely fit at 57.

Wish I could burn that many Calories in any kind of exercise class, I'm lucky if I can burn 400 in a 45min class
  • Runaroundafieldx2
    Runaroundafieldx2 Posts: 233 Member
    30 minute run
  • mabear32059
    mabear32059 Posts: 16 Member
    I walked my dogs early this morning. Hitting the gym after work... then walk again with pups this evening.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Erg session one of 3 or 4 for the week. Rate game version (which was a complete deviation from the schedule)
    10 min steady state with rate changes every minute with a low of 18 and a high of 22. We had four choices which were anywhere from going up and down a pyramid by 1 stroke to all over the place. We paired up and tried to be accurate - needless to say, the 18 was elusive.

50 min of work in total (not including warming up) with an average pace of 2:14. We also had a surprise "let's to squats and lunges and more squats!" after our initial warmup.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    30min PT, trx and weighted vest for upper body plus some ab work
    Shoulders and arms
    3.1mile recovery run
    30min tabata
    45min barbell
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Rest day...gym tomorrow, cycling on Wed and Thurs, gym Friday, cycling on Sat and Sun
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Rest day. Tomorrow gym. Wednesday night hike
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,194 MFP Moderator
    Today was a 20 minute overall lifting session. Tomorrow I'm planning to see my Chiropractor, then attempt a run again. It's supposed to be really nice tomorrow, so I"m looking forward to it and hoping that the chiro makes it so that I can actually run further than a mile.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Back on the mobility bandwagon after the holidays. GMB Elements Week 2/day1 am, Strong Curves 2C + chest/triceps, 32 min arc trainer.
  • Dawnmxc
    Dawnmxc Posts: 3 Member
    Beat Saber. I didn't think a VR game would be so much work...HR went up to 125 and I actually broke a sweat.
    Who knew exercising could be so much fun?
  • loriv19
    loriv19 Posts: 1 Member
    I took the stairs this morning instead of the elevator. 4 flights woo hoo. I made it to the gym too. 30 minutes on eliptical and a few of the machines. I wanted to do free weights but of course that area was filled with guys and i didnt want to get in the middle of that.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Upper body weights, Motion Trainer.
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    10 miles / 30:03 / 334 calories
    Heart pumping in the right way. Tried focusing on my pedal work and form tonight. Can’t wait for the new saddle time come I .
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    loriv19 wrote: »
    I took the stairs this morning instead of the elevator. 4 flights woo hoo. I made it to the gym too. 30 minutes on eliptical and a few of the machines. I wanted to do free weights but of course that area was filled with guys and i didnt want to get in the middle of that.

That reminds me - I also had a "surprise! the elevator isn't working at building your therapist's office is in". Ten floors later...

I'm glad that cardiovascularly it wasn't a huge challenge for me, but I was far from happy for all of the people who can't get up stairs for various reasons and/or have a small child or infant that they're also carting up the stairs.
  • Mike1804
    Mike1804 Posts: 114 Member
    edited January 2019
    Today was a quick one... duration 33:55

.15 tread run (75% effort)
    Then...
    < 3 rounds >
    Barbell Squats 10,8,8
    KB unilateral clean & jerk x5 R/L ea side
    KB double racked alternating lunges x10
    KB racked/OH waiters carry x100ft R/L ea side
    KB swing (american) x10
    [repeat]

Then...
    .15 tread sprint (100% effort)
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    70 minutes walk
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    For lunch I used my strider for cardio for 75 minutes. Before dinner I went for a bike ride, a.k.a. legs.