Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Speaking of coirkers. There's one in particular that I feel like I'm constantly arguing with. If I wanted to argue with someone younger and less experienced than me, I would have had more kids!

:laugh:
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Speaking of coirkers. There's one in particular that I feel like I'm constantly arguing with. If I wanted to argue with someone younger and less experienced than me, I would have had more kids!

Or been a teacher?
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    SLOWEST DAY EVER!!!
  • quiksylver296
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    SLOWEST DAY EVER!!!

I'm reviewing a 217k page document, page by page. Yes, 217 THOUSAND pages. I'm 6k pages in.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    SLOWEST DAY EVER!!!

I'm reviewing a 217k page document, page by page. Yes, 217 THOUSAND pages. I'm 6k pages in.

Ok, I will not complain anymore
  • Beka3695
    Options
    The above statement is a big fat lie... I will continue to complain about something! LOL

I am guessing this document is electronic? If not, how many file boxes does it fit in?
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    The above statement is a big fat lie... I will continue to complain about something! LOL

I am guessing this document is electronic? If not, how many file boxes does it fit in?

Yes, electronic. We were trying to figure out how much paper it would take to print it out. Approximately 4,000 reams, 10(?) reams in a box, so 400 boxes of paper.

I'm also searching by one word, so it jumps ahead sometimes - thankfully. Not often enough, but sometimes!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Ctrl F is a WONDERFUL THING!!! :D
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Yes, electronic. We were trying to figure out how much paper it would take to print it out. Approximately 4,000 reams, 10(?) reams in a box, so 400 boxes of paper.

I'm also searching by one word, so it jumps ahead sometimes - thankfully. Not often enough, but sometimes!

In case anyone was wondering how much info FB keeps on you... ^^
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    petunia773 wrote: »
    I've been reading this post for a couple of days and it keeps sucking me in so I figured it was time for my confession. I haven't posted anything on this site yet...so here's my very first MFP post!

I had gastric bypass surgery in February of 2008 at the starting weight of 283 lbs. I was able to get down to 156 with a goal weight of 150. Well, I was having a hard time losing those last 6 pounds to what I thought I should weigh and then started slowly gaining it back. Since that time I went through a divorce, not messy, but still sucked. I've also had my share of new relationships and heartbreaks and it seems like every heartbreak caused me to put more weight on. I'm now at 224 lbs as of this morning and I CANNOT believe I've let myself gain that much back! That's why I'm here. I've probably succeeded in reversing the surgery by eating so much. And no food is off-limits anymore. I am able to eat pretty much any food without suffering the consequences that I had after first having the surgery. No more "dumping" when something doesn't agree with me. I do notice that there are times that I feel full but nothing like it was in the first months after surgery.

My first goal is to get under 200 lbs. Then I'll figure out what weight I will be happy at and be able to maintain.

Also, I'm not big on exercising. I have the treadmill/clothes rack collecting dust in my bedroom. I'm in Wisconsin and hate the cold so walking outside does not appeal to me at all. I'd love to join the gym with a couple of friends from work and go with them at lunch to work out, but my finances will not allow me to do that either.

Thanks for reading. :smile:

I work in a health clinic and we offer a Bariatric Surgery Support Group. Prior to starting the group the Dietitian and Social Work did some work. The information they received from the Bariatric Surgery Clinics is this.....people will gain weight within 2-5 years after their surgery. They usually gain MOST of it back in that time frame - not all. They encourage people to think of it this way....had you not had that surgery, how much weight would you have continued to gain in those 2-5 years? Don't look at is a fail, it will happen and you are still lighter than you started and probably a whole lot lighter than if you had not had the surgery. Good luck to you!

Do they tell them this beforehand? That seems like information I would want before if I were thinking of making a decision like that. I'm pretty sure my sister in law thought she would be skinny forever and ever after having that?

My apologies, I lost this thread. So, yes, they do tell them this beforehand, and it was a question I asked as well. The thought behind still going through with the surgery is the trajectory of weight gain is stalled. For example, if someone weighs 300lbs and is having difficulty moving and is now a diabetic, chances are they will continue to gain weight because they can't move or the thought of having to lose 100+ pounds is so overwhelming, they don't even try. Over 5 years, their weight would continue to increase.

That 300lb person has the bariatric surgery. Loses the weight (let's say 125lbs) over several months. They maintain that loss for approx 2 years, and the diabetes is gone. Over time, the weight starts to creep up. In 5 years, they are not where they were (at 300lbs) , so they are "ahead of the game."
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Woah, flashback to 2015! :o
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Good 'ole 2015!
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Good 'ole 2015!

It's one of the best things about this thread. "oh, yeah, u remember that..."

• melissafeagins
    Options

In case anyone was wondering how much info FB keeps on you... ^^

I wasn't. It's why I am hardly ever there anymore
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    SLOWEST DAY EVER!!!

Is it like a novel or a play? Makes a big difference.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I managed to put away the San Diego suitcases last night! Only eight days after we got back. I think this is a new record! Christmas decorations are still up though. That's next.

That is impressive. I've been known to leave a suitcase unpacked for a month or more. The first year I had my own apartment I decorated for Halloween. A year later I took down the decorations. I just decorated again.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I start back at work on Tuesday after over a year off. I cannot remember any usernames, reference websites, passwords or procedures. I have this stuff all written down in various places but we moved premises while I was away. I really hope nobody threw out my stuff during the move!

Wow. That will be wild, huh? Do you get a year for maternity?

We get up to a year off in the UK, with the first six weeks on 90% salary, then a fixed £135 a week for 33 weeks then nothing after that. But you are entitled to any holidays you would have accrued while on parental leave, so I tracked all those on to the end of my leave making it about 13 months off. Our maternity pay is actually quite rubbish compared to a lot of European countries, but infinitely better than the USA! I don't know how you manage. I don't understand why your policy makers don't value parenthood more (not just motherhood, after the first few weeks, the dad can take the leave instead of mum if they want to).

My company last year matched paternity to maternity so guys get 6 or 8 weeks too. Still sucks for people like me who never had kids. I think they should have matching time off for singles or couples without kids.

No, I think you should just get better holiday allowances in general (full timers at my work get 25 days plus public holidays), and taking an unpaid sabbatical should be way more widely available than it currently is. A happy, rested workforce is a productive workforce.

I have found parental leave the most exhausting time of my life and not any kind of break!

Yes. But if I got it childless it would be amazing. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I start back at work on Tuesday after over a year off. I cannot remember any usernames, reference websites, passwords or procedures. I have this stuff all written down in various places but we moved premises while I was away. I really hope nobody threw out my stuff during the move!

Wow. That will be wild, huh? Do you get a year for maternity?

We get up to a year off in the UK, with the first six weeks on 90% salary, then a fixed £135 a week for 33 weeks then nothing after that. But you are entitled to any holidays you would have accrued while on parental leave, so I tracked all those on to the end of my leave making it about 13 months off. Our maternity pay is actually quite rubbish compared to a lot of European countries, but infinitely better than the USA! I don't know how you manage. I don't understand why your policy makers don't value parenthood more (not just motherhood, after the first few weeks, the dad can take the leave instead of mum if they want to).

My company last year matched paternity to maternity so guys get 6 or 8 weeks too. Still sucks for people like me who never had kids. I think they should have matching time off for singles or couples without kids.

@Oberon21 I think that given 6 weeks paid leave, you would finish that dissertation and find a new job. Just sayin'...

Totally agree! I have thought of taking unpaid leave but I'm too cowardly.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    SLOWEST DAY EVER!!!

Eww! Gives you lots of caffeine.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I managed to put away the San Diego suitcases last night! Only eight days after we got back. I think this is a new record! Christmas decorations are still up though. That's next.

That is impressive. I've been known to leave a suitcase unpacked for a month or more. The first year I had my own apartment I decorated for Halloween. A year later I took down the decorations. I just decorated again.

:D

That's awesome!

Does anyone leave their Christmas lights up year round?