Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    @MoHousdon -the rest of my measurements are calf 15, thigh 21, upper arm 12 straight & 13 flexed. Here's a photo, please ignore the windy hair. 463jcl0dffzo.jpg

You're a tiny little thing.

Did the person taking your picture ask why you were having them take it?

Why thank you. I don't feel tiny, but someone else said that about me this week, so maybe it is true. My daughter took the picture over the weekend to text it to my best friend so that she would tell me to wear a turtleneck under the sweater because the outfit is "too much maroon." I agreed to wear the sweater with black pants and the maroon pants with a gray sweater.

Those sound like cute outfit choices. I also felt there was a little too much maroon, like you were wearing a maroon suit.

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    saraherren wrote: »
    @lilaclovebird Amen on the Texas heat. I'm in Arlington and it hit 108 today. I lived in Lubbock for 5 years during college and the hottest I remember it ever getting was 114 in June 2011.
    Ice cream has always been my vice. Today is my mom's birthday and I already know she will want to eat nothing but crap and expect me to do the same. She already has terrible eating habits, which irks me since I did a complete 180 on my eating habits from nothing but fast food, junk foods, and horribly processed foods to unprocessed, real food like boneless, skinless chicken, extra lean ground turkey, leafy greens, etc. She's not very supportive of me eating way better than I used to and wants me to eat junk food every now and then even though I have no appetite for any of those.

It is supposed to be 107 here today. I know it is important to hydrate. I wonder if you are inadvertently killing your appetite with something like an allergy tablet with decongestant? Long shot but the D versions of things make my appetite go away (they also make me loopy as heck!) I'm sure your doctor and you have checked on that type of thing, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. Oddly, a regular allergy pill (which I take almost daily) is an appetite stimulant (I always feel starving if I've been off of them for a few weeks and then another allergen appears - but for me it only lasts a day or two). Just food for thought and something you could check into with your doctor if any of it is applicable. :smile:

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Is it odd that by posting something in another thread I suddenly realized that compared to other people, I am very strange?

I realize that I might never have been a 'normal' child having been through what I have.

I wonder what, after those experiences, put me in this amazing job with so many opportunities while others who have gone through the same things are in jail or emaciated drug junkies. How did I end up in such a good place while so many others didn't?

I almost feel guilty about it this morning.

No Guilt!! You have done an amazing job and are a strong, bright, beautiful woman with a promising future (did I get that right?)
    Keep up the good work.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    For @KylerJaye and anyone else who could use a list of breakup songs:

Breakup Songs (My ipod play list)

I put these songs together for a friend. I think they cover a lot of the emotions of a breakup.

Jar of Hearts – Christina Perri

Don’t Know Why – Norah Jones

Nothing Compares 2 U – Sinead O’Connor

Landslide – Fleetwood Mac

Without You – Harry Nilsson

Hallelujah – Rufus Wainwright

The Tracks of my Tears – Smokey Robinson & The Miracles

I Try – Macy Gray

I’d Rather Go Blind – Rachel Crow

Since U Been Gone – Kelly Clarkson

Cry me a River – Justin Timberlake

Rumour Has It – Adele

Broken Promises For Broken Hearts – She Wants Revenge

Can Die No More – Lake of Tears

Never Gonna Happen – Lily Allen

Ever Fallen In Love – Buzzcocks

Tainted Love – Soft Cell

Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around – Stevie Nicks & Tom Petty

Harden My Heart – Quarterflash

I Will Survive - Cake

ETA - My personal favorites of this list I've bolded. I love She Wants Revenge (and have seen them). Lily Allen makes me smile. Hallelujah by Rufus Wainwright is achingly beautiful.

Have you heard Marilyn Manson's version of Tainted Love?! It is better than the original IMHO. If you haven't heard it, check it out.

I LOVE that version!!

ETA - I love that video too!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Wytcher9 wrote: »
    I confess that I ate all the fried cheese sticks with marinara sauce ordered on Saturday night. I had accounted for a certain number in my food diary before sharing the balance with everyone else. But I couldn't help myself - gobbled the entire order. I have recommitted myself to staying on the path to healthy eating.

Fried cheese is the devil heaven.

There, I fixed that for you @MoHousdon :grin:

I totally agree. I love all things fried. Okay, maybe not ALL things, but mostly all things.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options

I put these songs together for a friend. I think they cover a lot of the emotions of a breakup.

I Try – Macy Gray

Rumour Has It – Adele

Tainted Love – Soft Cell

I Will Survive - Cake

ETA - My personal favorites of this list I've bolded. I love She Wants Revenge (and have seen them). Lily Allen makes me smile. Hallelujah by Rufus Wainwright is achingly beautiful.

Have you heard Marilyn Manson's version of Tainted Love?! It is better than the original IMHO. If you haven't heard it, check it out.

<3 Hell to the yes! Love a bit of Manson <3
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

I Try – Macy Gray

Rumour Has It – Adele

Tainted Love – Soft Cell

I Will Survive - Cake

I also like his cover of Sweet Dreams. Not a huge fan, but I dig these two covers WAY more than the originals. Also, I like his cover of Personal Jesus.

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

I Try – Macy Gray

Rumour Has It – Adele

Tainted Love – Soft Cell

I Will Survive - Cake

I would also add any angsty stuff from Alanis Morissette, you oughta know is a big one for me.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I have a stupid confession for today and then, I will be MIA because of work stuff.

Monday night I went to take my vitamins before bed. The L-Lysine I take is a huge pill and I have a hard time swallowing it every time. Mr. Mo suggested cutting it in half so it wouldn't be nearly as big. HUGE MISTAKE. I cut the pill in half and it got lodged in my throat. So much so, that he had to give me the Heimlich maneuver. I was freaking out because I thought, "Yep, this is how I'm going to die, having choked on a stupid supplement." Rachael was crying because I was heaving in the kitchen while Mr. Mo was doing all he could to Heimlich that pill up. No go. I'm not sure if it eventually dissolved or what, but the dang thing did a number on my throat and now, I think my esophagus is scratched or something because it is really sore.

I was really nervous to take it again last night but I did, and I didn't choke. I'm too cheap to not finish the bottle and go buy different ones.

Why do supplements/vitamins have to be so big?!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I have a stupid confession for today and then, I will be MIA because of work stuff.

Monday night I went to take my vitamins before bed. The L-Lysine I take is a huge pill and I have a hard time swallowing it every time. Mr. Mo suggested cutting it in half so it wouldn't be nearly as big. HUGE MISTAKE. I cut the pill in half and it got lodged in my throat. So much so, that he had to give me the Heimlich maneuver. I was freaking out because I thought, "Yep, this is how I'm going to die, having choked on a stupid supplement." Rachael was crying because I was heaving in the kitchen while Mr. Mo was doing all he could to Heimlich that pill up. No go. I'm not sure if it eventually dissolved or what, but the dang thing did a number on my throat and now, I think my esophagus is scratched or something because it is really sore.

I was really nervous to take it again last night but I did, and I didn't choke. I'm too cheap to not finish the bottle and go buy different ones.

I have had that issue with some of the joint supplements I take. I have been finding that if I use a big drink of water and toss it back, I can get it by with out choking. I try to make sure I can find capsules or coated caplets to keep them from sticking. I know some of them are kind of dry and if you don't get it down just right, then it can get ya.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

Oh God that sounds terrifying! Glad you are ok!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    @MoHousdon -the rest of my measurements are calf 15, thigh 21, upper arm 12 straight & 13 flexed. Here's a photo, please ignore the windy hair. 463jcl0dffzo.jpg

Why thank you. I don't feel tiny, but someone else said that about me this week, so maybe it is true. My daughter took the picture over the weekend to text it to my best friend so that she would tell me to wear a turtleneck under the sweater because the outfit is "too much maroon." I agreed to wear the sweater with black pants and the maroon pants with a gray sweater.

Those sound like cute outfit choices. I also felt there was a little too much maroon, like you were wearing a maroon suit.

So I could wear it on Halloween and tell everyone I am Professor Plum from Clue?

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

I did that with an alleve once at work. Thankfully there was a guy who was a volunteer emt waiting to be interviewed otherwise I might have died.

He did the Heimlich and I vomited on myself. Had to make the salesperson stop seeing customers and come back so I could go home and recover.

Scary stuff!!
  • Lois_1989
    Options

I'm really sorry, but I thought this was quite funny. I hope your throat gets better quickly
  • Lois_1989
    Options

I Try – Macy Gray

Rumour Has It – Adele

Tainted Love – Soft Cell

I Will Survive - Cake

I also like his cover of Sweet Dreams. Not a huge fan, but I dig these two covers WAY more than the originals. Also, I like his cover of Personal Jesus.

Its funny I would consider myself a fan, but I haven't actually bought any albums or singles. So not that much of a fan. lol
  • Lois_1989
    Options

I'm really sorry, but I thought this was quite funny. I hope your throat gets better quickly

Ok, so after two more people possibly choking, it's not so funny. :#

I think it was just the way I read it, having never choked on a supplement before.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »

Oh God that sounds terrifying! Glad you are ok!
    Yes! (I agree, a lot of supplements are like horse pills - why don't they make them half the size and just tell you to take two??)
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Holy. Glad you are ok!!!
  • MoHousdon
    Options

So I could wear it on Halloween and tell everyone I am Professor Plum from Clue?

...or Mrs. Barb Love. That's my grandma. :smiley::D She ALWAYS has a matching outfit on down to her shoes.

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

Holy. Glad you are ok!!!

Ditto! That would be scary