Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I have a stupid confession for today and then, I will be MIA because of work stuff.

Monday night I went to take my vitamins before bed. The L-Lysine I take is a huge pill and I have a hard time swallowing it every time. Mr. Mo suggested cutting it in half so it wouldn't be nearly as big. HUGE MISTAKE. I cut the pill in half and it got lodged in my throat. So much so, that he had to give me the Heimlich maneuver. I was freaking out because I thought, "Yep, this is how I'm going to die, having choked on a stupid supplement." Rachael was crying because I was heaving in the kitchen while Mr. Mo was doing all he could to Heimlich that pill up. No go. I'm not sure if it eventually dissolved or what, but the dang thing did a number on my throat and now, I think my esophagus is scratched or something because it is really sore.

I was really nervous to take it again last night but I did, and I didn't choke. I'm too cheap to not finish the bottle and go buy different ones.

Why do supplements/vitamins have to be so big?!

I'm really sorry, but I thought this was quite funny. I hope your throat gets better quickly

Ok, so after two more people possibly choking, it's not so funny. :#

I think it was just the way I read it, having never choked on a supplement before.

Don't apologize, I put that bit in there to be funny.

I also hope my throat heals soon.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I have a stupid confession for today and then, I will be MIA because of work stuff.

Monday night I went to take my vitamins before bed. The L-Lysine I take is a huge pill and I have a hard time swallowing it every time. Mr. Mo suggested cutting it in half so it wouldn't be nearly as big. HUGE MISTAKE. I cut the pill in half and it got lodged in my throat. So much so, that he had to give me the Heimlich maneuver. I was freaking out because I thought, "Yep, this is how I'm going to die, having choked on a stupid supplement." Rachael was crying because I was heaving in the kitchen while Mr. Mo was doing all he could to Heimlich that pill up. No go. I'm not sure if it eventually dissolved or what, but the dang thing did a number on my throat and now, I think my esophagus is scratched or something because it is really sore.

I was really nervous to take it again last night but I did, and I didn't choke. I'm too cheap to not finish the bottle and go buy different ones.

Oh God that sounds terrifying! Glad you are ok!
    Yes! (I agree, a lot of supplements are like horse pills - why don't they make them half the size and just tell you to take two??)

EXACTLY!!! And it's not that I don't drink enough water, because I usually drink at least 16 ounces when I take my four supplements, so that should be plenty. I ended up drinking probably twice that the other night trying to get the stupid pill down. That's probably why I had to get up to use the bathroom 3 times during the night. :#

• MoHousdon
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    For @KylerJaye and anyone else who could use a list of breakup songs:

Breakup Songs (My ipod play list)

I put these songs together for a friend. I think they cover a lot of the emotions of a breakup.

Jar of Hearts – Christina Perri

Don’t Know Why – Norah Jones

Nothing Compares 2 U – Sinead O’Connor

Landslide – Fleetwood Mac

Without You – Harry Nilsson

Hallelujah – Rufus Wainwright

The Tracks of my Tears – Smokey Robinson & The Miracles

I Try – Macy Gray

I’d Rather Go Blind – Rachel Crow

Since U Been Gone – Kelly Clarkson

Cry me a River – Justin Timberlake

Rumour Has It – Adele

Broken Promises For Broken Hearts – She Wants Revenge

Can Die No More – Lake of Tears

Never Gonna Happen – Lily Allen

Ever Fallen In Love – Buzzcocks

Tainted Love – Soft Cell

Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around – Stevie Nicks & Tom Petty

Harden My Heart – Quarterflash

I Will Survive - Cake

ETA - My personal favorites of this list I've bolded. I love She Wants Revenge (and have seen them). Lily Allen makes me smile. Hallelujah by Rufus Wainwright is achingly beautiful.

Have you heard Marilyn Manson's version of Tainted Love?! It is better than the original IMHO. If you haven't heard it, check it out.

<3 Hell to the yes! Love a bit of Manson <3

I also like his cover of Sweet Dreams. Not a huge fan, but I dig these two covers WAY more than the originals. Also, I like his cover of Personal Jesus.

Its funny I would consider myself a fan, but I haven't actually bought any albums or singles. So not that much of a fan. lol

Every time I hear Tainted Love (his version) I think of the movie Jawbreaker. Have you seen it, it's a jacked up movie with Rose McGowan (his then girlfriend). Every time I hear Tainted Love (Soft Cell) I think of the movie Coneheads.

My cognitive memory revolves around song lyrics, TV, and movie quotes. I'm fluent in all three languages. :smiley:

I may have Googles "cognitive" because I questioned whether or not I was using it properly.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

I did that with an alleve once at work. Thankfully there was a guy who was a volunteer emt waiting to be interviewed otherwise I might have died.

He did the Heimlich and I vomited on myself. Had to make the salesperson stop seeing customers and come back so I could go home and recover.

Scary stuff!!

I'm also glad he was there! How big was this Aleve you choked on?! The ones in the States are little so I can't imagine choking on one. Regardless, I'm glad you're okay.

I luckily didn't vomit on myself, but something equally embarrassing happened. I'll let you use your imagination.

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

I did that with an alleve once at work. Thankfully there was a guy who was a volunteer emt waiting to be interviewed otherwise I might have died.

He did the Heimlich and I vomited on myself. Had to make the salesperson stop seeing customers and come back so I could go home and recover.

Scary stuff!!

I'm also glad he was there! How big was this Aleve you choked on?! The ones in the States are little so I can't imagine choking on one. Regardless, I'm glad you're okay.

I luckily didn't vomit on myself, but something equally embarrassing happened. I'll let you use your imagination.

:grimace:
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I went shopping on the weekend and wore one of my new shirts to work today. I had a coworker inform me that I still had the tag on. Whoops! :blush: At least it was first thing, so I don't think anyone else noticed.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options

Wow! That is so scary. I'm glad you are okay.

I agree though. There have been a few pills I've tried to take over the years that have been way too big. I don't understand either. Why not just make them smaller and up the pills per dose?
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I went shopping on the weekend and wore one of my new shirts to work today. I had a coworker inform me that I still had the tag on. Whoops! :blush: At least it was first thing, so I don't think anyone else noticed.

Haha you poor thing. :)
  • ShibaEars
    edited August 2015
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

I guess it's not that big a deal, and maybe I should've left it on - then everyone could see what a sweet deal I got! (reg. $50, on sale for $10)
  • MoHousdon
    Options

I saw a guy at the mall once that still had the size sticker on his jeans. You know that one that goes on the back of the pant leg. How do you forget to take that off?!

I have also forgotten to take the tag off a new shirt and didn't notice until I took it off that night.

PS. I wanna see your new shirts/clothes now. I love new clothes.

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Ouch. That's just scary.

Yeah, vitamins can be pretty ridiculous. The Trader Joe's Women's Formula vitamins are listed as three per day and each pill is almost as large as the one a day I usually take.

Silly confession: I don't have a problem with pills because I swallowed a ton of LIte-Bright pieces and Legos as a kid.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Scary stuff!!

:grimace:

Maybe I should have just said before I had a full bladder, afterwards, not so much. Hopefully, that's what you were thinking, and not the OTHER thing. :#

• MoHousdon
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

I guess it's not that big a deal, and maybe I should've left it on - then everyone could see what a sweet deal I got! (reg. $50, on sale for $10)

Now I REALLY want to see this shirt!

• MoHousdon
    Options

Ouch. That's just scary.

Yeah, vitamins can be pretty ridiculous. The Trader Joe's Women's Formula vitamins are listed as three per day and each pill is almost as large as the one a day I usually take.

Silly confession: I don't have a problem with pills because I swallowed a ton of Lite-Bright pieces and Legos as a kid.

AHAHAHAHAHA :D:D

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

I put these songs together for a friend. I think they cover a lot of the emotions of a breakup.

I Try – Macy Gray

Rumour Has It – Adele

Tainted Love – Soft Cell

I Will Survive - Cake

ETA - My personal favorites of this list I've bolded. I love She Wants Revenge (and have seen them). Lily Allen makes me smile. Hallelujah by Rufus Wainwright is achingly beautiful.

You missed Someone Like You - Adele

Y'all both missed Rolling In The Deep- Adele!

Also, if you're into country,

For My Broken Heart- Reba McEntire

Without You- Reba McEntire

(My personal favorite)

How Was I To Know- Reba McEntire

I just noticed I may or may not have a slight Reba obsession! :lol:
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

Scary stuff!!

It was a big gel cap. About the same size as a large cod liver oil pill.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    saraherren wrote: »
    Okay so for anyone who hasn't read my earlier posts, I haven't had a period in almost a year (September last year was my last one) and I have had a severe loss of appetite and literally never get hungry. I lost 80 pounds and reached my goal weight in January. But since then, it's been hard to increase my calorie intake (especially carbs) because I'm afraid of gaining all the weight back. I know I lost my menstrual cycle because I exercised a lot and didn't compensate with enough calories, but I slowed down on the exercise in November while keeping my calories the same with hopes that my period would return (obviously didn't).
    Anyway, for the past month I've been eating under 300 calories a day and I actually have to force myself to eat even that little. Yes, I know it's not healthy to be eating under 300 calories, but at least it's SOMETHING and not anything at all (even though I could easily go without eating for 1-2 days and still not get hungry). I went to my OB at the end of May and she tested my thyroid, sex hormones, etc. and everything came back normal except for my LH level, which was really low.
    I still didn't have an answer on what to do to get my period back, so I went to my family doctor last Monday and she took another blood sample to test my insulin, DHEA, estrogen, progesterone, and thyroid levels and ordered a pelvic ultrasound. The pelvis US showed a benign (thank God) subserosal uterine fibroid which she said is nothing to worry about. **UPDATE** I just got my blood test results for the hormones and they were all normal (thank God). I'm honestly shocked that my thyroid is normal. I have to go back on September 25 for a follow-up, but I asked her what I can do between now and then that could get me to start having a regular menstrual cycle again. She said to cut down my water intake (I drink 5 L a day) and increase my calorie intake to a healthy level again to around 1,500-1,800 a day. I feel like that's going to be hard because I don't eat fast food or drink Starbucks (which I did multiple times daily my entire life up until I graduated college in May of last year). I also only eat foods that are in the perimeter of the grocery store (so obviously no processed foods).

Milk and cottage cheese (full fat) are on the perimeter. Buy a protein shake mix - EAS Complete Nutrition is good and at Target - and drink that in your milk. Eat the cottage cheese with fruits and veggies. I have been where you are. I know you don't want to, but do it anyway. 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and one shake a day for a week or so and then two of each. As your appetite comes back, you can sub in chicken or whatever meat you like for a shake. Good luck. It is hard work.

I don't eat dairy products since they make me break out. Eating more is so much easier said than done. I eat 8 oz of meat every day (4 oz chicken and 4 oz extra lean ground turkey) and plenty of veggies of mainly leafy greens.

I don't eat dairy either. I sadly can't have eggs either. Can you have eggs and is there a form you like them?

My daughter and I found a vegan shake mix we like - Naturade All-In-One Nutritional shake. I have lots of food issues and this works for me (non GMO, Non Dairy, Gluten free, soy free and so on). If there is a food you have an intolerance, allergy, or aversion to but are interested in this let me know and I will read the label for you.

Hugs and I'm rooting for you.

I do like eggs, but I stopped since they made me super bloated :/. One protein powder that I like is the vegan Garden of Life raw protein powder, chocolate version. Have you ever tried that? I went through a vegan phase 2 years ago and really enjoyed that one. No allergies, but there are some foods that I don't eat since they don't agree with me or I just don't have a craving for them anymore (i.e. dairy and eggs).

Hugs!

Thank you. I don't crave a lot of foods anymore but I chime in the those who are concerned about your calorie intake. I'm not a vegetarian (was for a long time) but daughter just decided she wanted to be so for her sake I'm keeping our house veg for now. If son has serious complaints about it I'll work with it.

How about a homemade chicken tortilla soup? I start with a carcass and cook it with veggies to make a stock. (Sometimes I repeat to make a very rich stock, then I cook a chicken in the stock (throw a beef bone in too for extra richness). Strain the stock, shred the chicken and put the chicken and stock in a pot (I'll have to look it up to remember) add chopped bell pepper, chopped sweet pepper (anaheim?) and chop carrots, celery, onion, & garlic, add drained hominy (1 - 2 cans), salt, pepper to taste. Use homemade or premade (I live where I can get really good corn tortilla shells) and slice then spray with olive oil and toast. Serve the soup with a sprinkle of tortillas on top. Oh, I also chop up a bunch of cilantro right before serving. (Optional but I love it). I may have forgotten something but this will get you a rich, tasty, homemade soup.

Oh, don't mind me, just swiping recipes over here... ;)
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options

I Try – Macy Gray

Rumour Has It – Adele

Tainted Love – Soft Cell

I Will Survive - Cake

Have you heard Marilyn Manson's version of Tainted Love?! It is better than the original IMHO. If you haven't heard it, check it out.

<3 Hell to the yes! Love a bit of Manson <3

I also like his cover of Sweet Dreams. Not a huge fan, but I dig these two covers WAY more than the originals. Also, I like his cover of Personal Jesus.

Congratulations, you and @Lois_1989 have just become my two best friends! I love Marilyn Manson!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

I Try – Macy Gray

Rumour Has It – Adele

Tainted Love – Soft Cell

I Will Survive - Cake

You missed Someone Like You - Adele

Y'all both missed Rolling In The Deep- Adele!

Also, if you're into country,

For My Broken Heart- Reba McEntire

Without You- Reba McEntire

(My personal favorite)

How Was I To Know- Reba McEntire

I just noticed I may or may not have a slight Reba obsession! :lol:

A Little bit Stronger- Sarah Evans
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @lilaclovebird Amen on the Texas heat. I'm in Arlington and it hit 108 today. I lived in Lubbock for 5 years during college and the hottest I remember it ever getting was 114 in June 2011.
    Ice cream has always been my vice. Today is my mom's birthday and I already know she will want to eat nothing but crap and expect me to do the same. She already has terrible eating habits, which irks me since I did a complete 180 on my eating habits from nothing but fast food, junk foods, and horribly processed foods to unprocessed, real food like boneless, skinless chicken, extra lean ground turkey, leafy greens, etc. She's not very supportive of me eating way better than I used to and wants me to eat junk food every now and then even though I have no appetite for any of those.
    I still eat ice cream, but in a smaller serving than I used to. My dad likes to heckle me over my mini Blizzard, just like he heckled me for super sizing my quarter pounder meal. Just keep on chugging and focus on getting better.

Also, how about adding more oils into your cooking for some easy cals?

I'm in Houston right now. I feel ya on the weather. I think the high yesterday was 105 but storms rolled in and made my trip to the park heavenly. The thing that depressed me the most about being shut in for a month because of my accident was being shut away from the last of coldest chills.

@MoHousdon I kid you not, I would sit in my room with the toy in my hand and pretend it was time to take my medicine. :s