Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

The last two weeks I've visited Arby's every single day and ordered TWO chocolate turnovers. I only stopped because I finally plugged the numbers into the MFP and audibly GASPED at the results.

Nothing like finding out something you love is in the way of your end goal. I hate it when that happens.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    The last two weeks I've visited Arby's every single day and ordered TWO chocolate turnovers. I only stopped because I finally plugged the numbers into the MFP and audibly GASPED at the results.

The truth about the calories is like a slap in the face.....or at least the back of your hand to make you drop it.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    sometimes I eat my sisters froot loops at midnight when no one is watching

Nice. Bonus points if they're the ones with Marshmallows.

I have ate like crap the past three days & have an ear infection. Dinner tonight included a tortilla with MaraNatha Caramel Almond spread & four cups of Post Ice Cream Pebbles.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I confess I am sooooo ready for (American) football season. I have changed my profile pic and am currently wearing my Boise State polo at work. I am team mom on my son's team, my hubby is asst coach. We have season tickets to the Boise State games. ARGH!!! Kick off, already!!!!

September 3rd starts USC's (and I don't mean California!) season and I can't wait!!! Hubby is in Charlotte at the Panthers fanfest for his birthday, (he's 26 today!) I'm so ready for football season!!

Y'all, I am just gonna apologize now because @raelynnsmama52512 and I are SEC fans and we can be obnoxious about our football. I was raised to love God, my family, sweet tea and the SEC!!!

Pshh, who you telling?! Lol! Trust me, Gamecock football is a RELIGION in our family! Basically, on Saturday we're all useless because we're all watching the game, screaming at our TVs about a bad call, and cussing the refs haha! (You could also apply that to hockey as well!) I'm a bad fan, I've never been to a USC game, but hubby has already vowed to change that this year lol! I have no shame, I get pretty obnoxious haha! God, family, friends, and SEC football, that's all you really need in life. :wink:

We ring cowbells in our house when State scores. And I am apologizing in advance to everyone here because I can't help talking football...

I despise football. Sorry.

I'm with you Patricia! Both American and English. Also, cricket and golf.

Oh, God, golf. WTH(eck)! You listen to some guy talk in a hushed voice while a guy in pale blue khaki's (with patterns) walks up to a tiny little ball, hits it, and the crowd oooh and ahhhs. MIND NUMBING! My mom and her boyfriend watch it all the time. WHO CARES IF THEY BOGIE OR BIRDIE OR ANYTHING ELSE! I HOPE THEY HIT IT INTO THE STUPID WATER!

Rant over.

I feel the same way about Golf.

I also don't see how it's fun to watch NASCAR or Bowling on TV.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I have a stupid confession for today and then, I will be MIA because of work stuff.

Monday night I went to take my vitamins before bed. The L-Lysine I take is a huge pill and I have a hard time swallowing it every time. Mr. Mo suggested cutting it in half so it wouldn't be nearly as big. HUGE MISTAKE. I cut the pill in half and it got lodged in my throat. So much so, that he had to give me the Heimlich maneuver. I was freaking out because I thought, "Yep, this is how I'm going to die, having choked on a stupid supplement." Rachael was crying because I was heaving in the kitchen while Mr. Mo was doing all he could to Heimlich that pill up. No go. I'm not sure if it eventually dissolved or what, but the dang thing did a number on my throat and now, I think my esophagus is scratched or something because it is really sore.

I was really nervous to take it again last night but I did, and I didn't choke. I'm too cheap to not finish the bottle and go buy different ones.

Why do supplements/vitamins have to be so big?!

Oh my! I am glad you are alright!! I agree though, I take about six and four of them are giant!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    *Note to self, make sure to have something to eat on hand as soon as you take ADD meds. Otherwise, be prepared to be ridiculously ill and unable to eat....*

:unamused:
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    saraherren wrote: »
    Okay so for anyone who hasn't read my earlier posts, I haven't had a period in almost a year (September last year was my last one) and I have had a severe loss of appetite and literally never get hungry. I lost 80 pounds and reached my goal weight in January. But since then, it's been hard to increase my calorie intake (especially carbs) because I'm afraid of gaining all the weight back. I know I lost my menstrual cycle because I exercised a lot and didn't compensate with enough calories, but I slowed down on the exercise in November while keeping my calories the same with hopes that my period would return (obviously didn't).
    Anyway, for the past month I've been eating under 300 calories a day and I actually have to force myself to eat even that little. Yes, I know it's not healthy to be eating under 300 calories, but at least it's SOMETHING and not anything at all (even though I could easily go without eating for 1-2 days and still not get hungry). I went to my OB at the end of May and she tested my thyroid, sex hormones, etc. and everything came back normal except for my LH level, which was really low.
    I still didn't have an answer on what to do to get my period back, so I went to my family doctor last Monday and she took another blood sample to test my insulin, DHEA, estrogen, progesterone, and thyroid levels and ordered a pelvic ultrasound. The pelvis US showed a benign (thank God) subserosal uterine fibroid which she said is nothing to worry about. **UPDATE** I just got my blood test results for the hormones and they were all normal (thank God). I'm honestly shocked that my thyroid is normal. I have to go back on September 25 for a follow-up, but I asked her what I can do between now and then that could get me to start having a regular menstrual cycle again. She said to cut down my water intake (I drink 5 L a day) and increase my calorie intake to a healthy level again to around 1,500-1,800 a day. I feel like that's going to be hard because I don't eat fast food or drink Starbucks (which I did multiple times daily my entire life up until I graduated college in May of last year). I also only eat foods that are in the perimeter of the grocery store (so obviously no processed foods).

Milk and cottage cheese (full fat) are on the perimeter. Buy a protein shake mix - EAS Complete Nutrition is good and at Target - and drink that in your milk. Eat the cottage cheese with fruits and veggies. I have been where you are. I know you don't want to, but do it anyway. 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and one shake a day for a week or so and then two of each. As your appetite comes back, you can sub in chicken or whatever meat you like for a shake. Good luck. It is hard work.

I don't eat dairy products since they make me break out. Eating more is so much easier said than done. I eat 8 oz of meat every day (4 oz chicken and 4 oz extra lean ground turkey) and plenty of veggies of mainly leafy greens.

I don't eat dairy either. I sadly can't have eggs either. Can you have eggs and is there a form you like them?

My daughter and I found a vegan shake mix we like - Naturade All-In-One Nutritional shake. I have lots of food issues and this works for me (non GMO, Non Dairy, Gluten free, soy free and so on). If there is a food you have an intolerance, allergy, or aversion to but are interested in this let me know and I will read the label for you.

Hugs and I'm rooting for you.

I do like eggs, but I stopped since they made me super bloated :/. One protein powder that I like is the vegan Garden of Life raw protein powder, chocolate version. Have you ever tried that? I went through a vegan phase 2 years ago and really enjoyed that one. No allergies, but there are some foods that I don't eat since they don't agree with me or I just don't have a craving for them anymore (i.e. dairy and eggs).

Hugs!

Thank you. I don't crave a lot of foods anymore but I chime in the those who are concerned about your calorie intake. I'm not a vegetarian (was for a long time) but daughter just decided she wanted to be so for her sake I'm keeping our house veg for now. If son has serious complaints about it I'll work with it.

How about a homemade chicken tortilla soup? I start with a carcass and cook it with veggies to make a stock. (Sometimes I repeat to make a very rich stock, then I cook a chicken in the stock (throw a beef bone in too for extra richness). Strain the stock, shred the chicken and put the chicken and stock in a pot (I'll have to look it up to remember) add chopped bell pepper, chopped sweet pepper (anaheim?) and chop carrots, celery, onion, & garlic, add drained hominy (1 - 2 cans), salt, pepper to taste. Use homemade or premade (I live where I can get really good corn tortilla shells) and slice then spray with olive oil and toast. Serve the soup with a sprinkle of tortillas on top. Oh, I also chop up a bunch of cilantro right before serving. (Optional but I love it). I may have forgotten something but this will get you a rich, tasty, homemade soup.

@nonoelmo I'm stealing this... I LOVE soup. Especially homemade because I don't typically have to watch the sodium content as much as with prepackaged/processed stuff. :smiley:

@saraherren We are all rooting for you here. You've got this. 5 liters of water a day is pretty intense and probably why you definitely don't feel hungry. Maybe switch it out with something that has calories? Like a shake or some natural juice?

I eat some kind of soup every week day for lunch. I love soups/chili, I have 4 recipes I especially like and rotate through them and have the same soup all week usually then cook another and have it the next week.

I love soup too.....does it last all week without going nasty?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Nice photos @bkhamill
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options
    How do those work?

You just place it centrally on the bar, it stays put nicely. Obviously you want it turned so that the sponge's opening is furthest away from your body when you lift.

Like so:

51bQn5ZFJJL.jpg
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I confess I am sooooo ready for (American) football season. I have changed my profile pic and am currently wearing my Boise State polo at work. I am team mom on my son's team, my hubby is asst coach. We have season tickets to the Boise State games. ARGH!!! Kick off, already!!!!

September 3rd starts USC's (and I don't mean California!) season and I can't wait!!! Hubby is in Charlotte at the Panthers fanfest for his birthday, (he's 26 today!) I'm so ready for football season!!

Y'all, I am just gonna apologize now because @raelynnsmama52512 and I are SEC fans and we can be obnoxious about our football. I was raised to love God, my family, sweet tea and the SEC!!!

Pshh, who you telling?! Lol! Trust me, Gamecock football is a RELIGION in our family! Basically, on Saturday we're all useless because we're all watching the game, screaming at our TVs about a bad call, and cussing the refs haha! (You could also apply that to hockey as well!) I'm a bad fan, I've never been to a USC game, but hubby has already vowed to change that this year lol! I have no shame, I get pretty obnoxious haha! God, family, friends, and SEC football, that's all you really need in life. :wink:

We ring cowbells in our house when State scores. And I am apologizing in advance to everyone here because I can't help talking football...

I despise football. Sorry.

I'm with you Patricia! Both American and English. Also, cricket and golf.

Oh, God, golf. WTH(eck)! You listen to some guy talk in a hushed voice while a guy in pale blue khaki's (with patterns) walks up to a tiny little ball, hits it, and the crowd oooh and ahhhs. MIND NUMBING! My mom and her boyfriend watch it all the time. WHO CARES IF THEY BOGIE OR BIRDIE OR ANYTHING ELSE! I HOPE THEY HIT IT INTO THE STUPID WATER!

Rant over.

I feel the same way about Golf.

I also don't see how it's fun to watch NASCAR or Bowling on TV.

Have you ever met a NASCAR fan? LOL
    I have met a few and then can understand why they find something driving around in a circle exciting :p
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    For @KylerJaye and anyone else who could use a list of breakup songs:

Breakup Songs (My ipod play list)

I put these songs together for a friend. I think they cover a lot of the emotions of a breakup.

Jar of Hearts – Christina Perri

Don’t Know Why – Norah Jones

Nothing Compares 2 U – Sinead O’Connor

Landslide – Fleetwood Mac

Without You – Harry Nilsson

Hallelujah – Rufus Wainwright

The Tracks of my Tears – Smokey Robinson & The Miracles

I Try – Macy Gray

I’d Rather Go Blind – Rachel Crow

Since U Been Gone – Kelly Clarkson

Cry me a River – Justin Timberlake

Rumour Has It – Adele

Broken Promises For Broken Hearts – She Wants Revenge

Can Die No More – Lake of Tears

Never Gonna Happen – Lily Allen

Ever Fallen In Love – Buzzcocks

Tainted Love – Soft Cell

Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around – Stevie Nicks & Tom Petty

Harden My Heart – Quarterflash

I Will Survive - Cake

ETA - My personal favorites of this list I've bolded. I love She Wants Revenge (and have seen them). Lily Allen makes me smile. Hallelujah by Rufus Wainwright is achingly beautiful.

Have you heard Marilyn Manson's version of Tainted Love?! It is better than the original IMHO. If you haven't heard it, check it out.

<3 Hell to the yes! Love a bit of Manson <3

I also like his cover of Sweet Dreams. Not a huge fan, but I dig these two covers WAY more than the originals. Also, I like his cover of Personal Jesus.

YES!!! That one is on my workout playlist.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    *Note to self, make sure to have something to eat on hand as soon as you take ADD meds. Otherwise, be prepared to be ridiculously ill and unable to eat....*

:unamused:

That doesn't sound good at all! Hugs
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I am going to my high school reunion next month. We are weird and we are having a 33rd reunion because do not want to wait for 35. Anyway, our class president is a billionaire and he has hired Eddie Money to come play for us at our party! I am kinda excited about this.

I just skipped my 20th reunion...I thought about going for a LONG time, but then only 16 people showed up so was kinda glad I didn't go. There were less than 100 in our graduating class.

Your granddaughter and grandson are adorable!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Random the guy speaking now in this meeting (a creative from our main agency) is smacking his lips and burping his way through the presentation. He is making me nauseous. I am judging.

Gross.

Yuck! I guess better than farting, but still nasty.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I have a stupid confession for today and then, I will be MIA because of work stuff.

Monday night I went to take my vitamins before bed. The L-Lysine I take is a huge pill and I have a hard time swallowing it every time. Mr. Mo suggested cutting it in half so it wouldn't be nearly as big. HUGE MISTAKE. I cut the pill in half and it got lodged in my throat. So much so, that he had to give me the Heimlich maneuver. I was freaking out because I thought, "Yep, this is how I'm going to die, having choked on a stupid supplement." Rachael was crying because I was heaving in the kitchen while Mr. Mo was doing all he could to Heimlich that pill up. No go. I'm not sure if it eventually dissolved or what, but the dang thing did a number on my throat and now, I think my esophagus is scratched or something because it is really sore.

I was really nervous to take it again last night but I did, and I didn't choke. I'm too cheap to not finish the bottle and go buy different ones.

Why do supplements/vitamins have to be so big?!

Oh God that sounds terrifying! Glad you are ok!

Agreed. That sounds so terrifying & agreed glad to hear you're ok.

I hope your esophagus heals fast.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I went shopping on the weekend and wore one of my new shirts to work today. I had a coworker inform me that I still had the tag on. Whoops! :blush: At least it was first thing, so I don't think anyone else noticed.

Thank God they were nice & told you.

I rung up a customer the other day & decided to be nice & tell them they had put their shirt on inside out. I know if it were me I would hope someone would point it out.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of SL 5X5 in the bag. I'm REALLY digging working out with my honey even though he keeps accusing me of trying to kill him. >:)

A few key things about tonight:
    I dead lifted 95 lbs. on my first time.
    I weigh 135 lbs. which is 8 more than two weeks ago.
    I HATE overhead presses.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Nothing like finding out something you love is in the way of your end goal. I hate it when that happens.

I did this with a small recesse (sp?) Mcflurry about 2 weeks ago. 600+ calories. Nope. Never again.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I am going to my high school reunion next month. We are weird and we are having a 33rd reunion because do not want to wait for 35. Anyway, our class president is a billionaire and he has hired Eddie Money to come play for us at our party! I am kinda excited about this.

That is super cool!!!

He hired Loverboy to play for our 25th reunion.

OMG (again) I was a huge Loverboy fan when I was teenager..off to download some now :)

Ditto! What does this guy do that he is a billionaire!? Is he single? Can I come? I saw Loverboy in high school. My 2nd concert ever. .
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @bkhamill How's that new grandbaby?

Adorable! She is doing great, as is her mommy and big brother (and daddy too)

I think we need more pics

I give up trying to delete the photos without messing up the quotes when on my phone. They are both gorgeous!