Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I am going to one of those Japanese hibachi places where they cook in front of you for dinner. I'm sure I will be WAY over my calories for the day, but whatever. I will get double veggies and no rice, however, so I shouldn't be too much over my carb goal. I know I'll have wine though, but it's my cousin's birthday and there's 10 of us going so it should be fun! I've been killing myself in the gym lately, so I don't feel bad about it!

P.S....I deadlifted 115 pounds last night!! Only 20 more pounds to get to my body weight! I'm still at 85 on squats though...can't seem to increase those as quickly and it's pissing me off...

Edited because typing ain't easy...lol.

Nice! Great job on progressing your lifts.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    How do those work?

You just place it centrally on the bar, it stays put nicely. Obviously you want it turned so that the sponge's opening is furthest away from your body when you lift.

Like so:

51bQn5ZFJJL.jpg

Thanks! I just realized our Smith machine at the gym is set up backwards. Oh well. I like to watch myself while I lift so I can check out my form.

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of SL 5X5 in the bag. I'm REALLY digging working out with my honey even though he keeps accusing me of trying to kill him. >:)

A few key things about tonight:
    I dead lifted 95 lbs. on my first time.
    I weigh 135 lbs. which is 8 more than two weeks ago.
    I HATE overhead presses.

Great workout Mo!! I finally got back on my lifting horse here and getting back in the groove. Nice stats on the deadlift!
  • crosbylee
    Options
    HalT93mfp wrote: »
    I tried to lose a lot of weight before and succeeded a year ago but after a traumatizing incident where my best friend committed suicide, my ex girlfriend and first love broke up, and a huge family crisis that resulted in losing my job i had since 2009, I had gained 50lbs from stress eating and depression.

I binge ate for comfort XD I'm a weirdo!

Nope, not weird at all. Stick around, and welcome.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I am going to my high school reunion next month. We are weird and we are having a 33rd reunion because do not want to wait for 35. Anyway, our class president is a billionaire and he has hired Eddie Money to come play for us at our party! I am kinda excited about this.

That is super cool!!!

He hired Loverboy to play for our 25th reunion.

OMG (again) I was a huge Loverboy fan when I was teenager..off to download some now :)

Ditto! What does this guy do that he is a billionaire!? Is he single? Can I come? I saw Loverboy in high school. My 2nd concert ever. .

You crack me up! Please set @pofoster21 up with this guy only if he is single and a good dude!

Hey what can I say. I'm an opportunist. Billionaires don't grow on trees you know. Gotta make hay while the sun shines...

Hmmm... wonder if there are some more cliches I can throw in that one paragraph.

This, right here, is why I like you so much! :smiley:

• MoHousdon
    Options
    I feel like I can join you lifting gals, even though I'm nowhere near lifting the weights you do. I've been at it 4 weeks and I'm really enjoying it. I've found a good trainer, who makes me do reps of 24x20x20x20 and increases the weights on each set. I'm quite proud of what I've achieved so far, but my arms/shoulders definitely need more work!

I was in the gym for 4 hours yesterday (unintentionally). I went to have a run, then chill out before circuit class, but my trainer grabbed me during my run and said we were going to do arms (didn't have a session booked), so went straight from running, to weights, to a circuit class and finished off with aqua aerobics (ok i treat that as a stretch and relax session). But today I am hungry!! I have already eaten my measly lunch. There is torrential rain stopping me heading out for something else (i'm thinking chicken) to eat.

Well done!

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of SL 5X5 in the bag. I'm REALLY digging working out with my honey even though he keeps accusing me of trying to kill him. >:)

I HATE overhead presses.

Awesome!! Do you do regular bent knee deadlifts or straight leg (Romanian) deadlifts?
  • crosbylee
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I have to confess, I'm really jealous of everyone lifting. :( I wish I could do that again too. I haven't done anything like that in about 10 years. I can't really afford to go to the gym right now and don't have anything to work out with at home.

Check out some of the bodyweight training stuff. Lots of the folks on the boards will tell you to check out Convict Conditioning. You don't need any special weights, just use your own body weight.
  • crosbylee
    Options
    Oh and OMG I'm so nervous about counseling tonight. I don't even know what to say anymore. I'm getting really anxious. Blah...

Whatever you do, just be honest.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Oh and OMG I'm so nervous about counseling tonight. I don't even know what to say anymore. I'm getting really anxious. Blah...

Whatever you do, don't be railroaded or pushed off. Make sure you make your feelings known and heard. If it will help, make a list of grievances or concerns. I find making lists helps in the moment when you've forgotten what you want to say.

Regardless of the outcome, you being happy and valued in the relationship is key.

Hugs!

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited August 2015
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I have a stupid confession for today and then, I will be MIA because of work stuff.

Monday night I went to take my vitamins before bed. The L-Lysine I take is a huge pill and I have a hard time swallowing it every time. Mr. Mo suggested cutting it in half so it wouldn't be nearly as big. HUGE MISTAKE. I cut the pill in half and it got lodged in my throat. So much so, that he had to give me the Heimlich maneuver. I was freaking out because I thought, "Yep, this is how I'm going to die, having choked on a stupid supplement." Rachael was crying because I was heaving in the kitchen while Mr. Mo was doing all he could to Heimlich that pill up. No go. I'm not sure if it eventually dissolved or what, but the dang thing did a number on my throat and now, I think my esophagus is scratched or something because it is really sore.

I was really nervous to take it again last night but I did, and I didn't choke. I'm too cheap to not finish the bottle and go buy different ones.

Why do supplements/vitamins have to be so big?!
    Ouch. That's just scary.

Yeah, vitamins can be pretty ridiculous. The Trader Joe's Women's Formula vitamins are listed as three per day and each pill is almost as large as the one a day I usually take.

Silly confession: I don't have a problem with pills because I swallowed a ton of LIte-Bright pieces and Legos as a kid.

A Lite-Brite peg I can see but how the heck did you swallow a Lego and then do it again?!

Wait! How did I miss Legos? I only saw Lite-Bright!! You were a little dare devil!

The only thing I remember swallowing when I was younger was a dime or a penny. My uncle had given me the change & later I had went up to my mom & told her I ate money.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    So, the hibachi place last night was SO GOOD and we had a blast! I'm up 2 pounds today, but whatever.

My left hip is hurting...I'm thinking it's from squats and deadlifts. I have not been stretching and I really need to. Think I'm going to take a break from legs for a few days (I normally do them twice a week) and spend some time stretching this weekend.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Whatever you do, don't be railroaded or pushed off. Make sure you make your feelings known and heard. If it will help, make a list of grievances or concerns. I find making lists helps in the moment when you've forgotten what you want to say.

Regardless of the outcome, you being happy and valued in the relationship is key.

Hugs!

Yes, definitely make a list of the issues you want to talk about. I tend to get easily frustrated when I discuss how I'm feeling and I forget stuff, so writing things down beforehand helps. I'll be thinking of you!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

I HATE overhead presses.

Awesome!! Do you do regular bent knee deadlifts or straight leg (Romanian) deadlifts?

The ones where you stick your butt way out (like in a squat) and you pull the bar straight up and hold for a second. I have NO idea what those are called. Whatever he demonstrates on the SL 5x5 videos, that's what I'm doing. I am not very good, as I want to try to keep using my back instead of my legs, but I'm confident I'll get there.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    OMG @BKHamill she is gorgeous!!!! I just want to snuggle her!!

Agreed the picture with her older brother is so cute @bkhamill
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

write some things down, thoughts that have floated through your head, things that worry you , questions you want to ask.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    OOOOHHHHH, guess what, guys!? While we were watching workout B videos to prepare for last night's session, Mr. Mo started looking for power racks online. He said we're going to get one for our basement gym!!!! I'm SUPER stoked about this!!!!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    How do those work?

You just place it centrally on the bar, it stays put nicely. Obviously you want it turned so that the sponge's opening is furthest away from your body when you lift.

Like so:

51bQn5ZFJJL.jpg

Thanks! I just realized our Smith machine at the gym is set up backwards. Oh well. I like to watch myself while I lift so I can check out my form.

Ha! This made me giggle for some odd reason.
    Lately I've been going to the women's gym (I bounce between a women's gym and a co-ed gym depending on which office I am at that day) and I've realized I am a mirror hog. I know that my knees tend to buckle during squats if I'm not careful and when doing OHP my left shoulder will move out of place so I'm constantly on the lookout for that. I'm not vain I swear! LOL
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I have a stupid confession for today and then, I will be MIA because of work stuff.

Monday night I went to take my vitamins before bed. The L-Lysine I take is a huge pill and I have a hard time swallowing it every time. Mr. Mo suggested cutting it in half so it wouldn't be nearly as big. HUGE MISTAKE. I cut the pill in half and it got lodged in my throat. So much so, that he had to give me the Heimlich maneuver. I was freaking out because I thought, "Yep, this is how I'm going to die, having choked on a stupid supplement." Rachael was crying because I was heaving in the kitchen while Mr. Mo was doing all he could to Heimlich that pill up. No go. I'm not sure if it eventually dissolved or what, but the dang thing did a number on my throat and now, I think my esophagus is scratched or something because it is really sore.

I was really nervous to take it again last night but I did, and I didn't choke. I'm too cheap to not finish the bottle and go buy different ones.

Why do supplements/vitamins have to be so big?!
    Ouch. That's just scary.

Yeah, vitamins can be pretty ridiculous. The Trader Joe's Women's Formula vitamins are listed as three per day and each pill is almost as large as the one a day I usually take.

Silly confession: I don't have a problem with pills because I swallowed a ton of LIte-Bright pieces and Legos as a kid.

A Lite-Brite peg I can see but how the heck did you swallow a Lego and then do it again?!

Wait! How did I miss Legos? I only saw Lite-Bright!! You were a little dare devil!

The only thing I remember swallowing when I was younger was a dime or a penny. My uncle had given me the change & later I had went up to my mom & told her I ate money.

You were a money hungry child. :wink:

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    For all the Canadians here, it's Miracle Treat Day at DQ today. Pretty sure since it's going to a good cause there is zero calories.... I plan on hitting it up for a mini this evening :)