Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Thanks all. I've been texting her this morning and no news on a surgery time - although it will almost certainly be today. Time is the essence, it seems. She's more stressed about the fact that she was having a down day yesterday, and didn't shower before she went out! I'm going to see if I can see her in a little bit and will take some nice sprays etc.

Keep us posted!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Oh and OMG I'm so nervous about counseling tonight. I don't even know what to say anymore. I'm getting really anxious. Blah...

Hugs and prayers coming your way
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I have a stupid confession for today and then, I will be MIA because of work stuff.

Monday night I went to take my vitamins before bed. The L-Lysine I take is a huge pill and I have a hard time swallowing it every time. Mr. Mo suggested cutting it in half so it wouldn't be nearly as big. HUGE MISTAKE. I cut the pill in half and it got lodged in my throat. So much so, that he had to give me the Heimlich maneuver. I was freaking out because I thought, "Yep, this is how I'm going to die, having choked on a stupid supplement." Rachael was crying because I was heaving in the kitchen while Mr. Mo was doing all he could to Heimlich that pill up. No go. I'm not sure if it eventually dissolved or what, but the dang thing did a number on my throat and now, I think my esophagus is scratched or something because it is really sore.

I was really nervous to take it again last night but I did, and I didn't choke. I'm too cheap to not finish the bottle and go buy different ones.

Why do supplements/vitamins have to be so big?!
    Ouch. That's just scary.

Yeah, vitamins can be pretty ridiculous. The Trader Joe's Women's Formula vitamins are listed as three per day and each pill is almost as large as the one a day I usually take.

Silly confession: I don't have a problem with pills because I swallowed a ton of LIte-Bright pieces and Legos as a kid.

A Lite-Brite peg I can see but how the heck did you swallow a Lego and then do it again?!

Wait! How did I miss Legos? I only saw Lite-Bright!! You were a little dare devil!

The only thing I remember swallowing when I was younger was a dime or a penny. My uncle had given me the change & later I had went up to my mom & told her I ate money.

Ouch!

This did remind me of a story though. Has anyone ever gotten anything stuck up their nose? When I was a kid I remember getting a crayon stuck in my nose (in my sinus area) and my mom freaked out. We were finally able to get it out but I must have been a dumb/weird kid. Who sticks crayons up their noses? :)

I was trying to find the picture of my son at the ER, wrapped up in a blanket like a burrito, while the doctor removed the rubber stopper my son had put up his nose. Of course, I can't find the photo. But, yeah, I'm that mom, taking pictures in the ER. :D

LMAO? How old was he? You can totally use that as blackmail when he's a teenager :D!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I have a stupid confession for today and then, I will be MIA because of work stuff.

Monday night I went to take my vitamins before bed. The L-Lysine I take is a huge pill and I have a hard time swallowing it every time. Mr. Mo suggested cutting it in half so it wouldn't be nearly as big. HUGE MISTAKE. I cut the pill in half and it got lodged in my throat. So much so, that he had to give me the Heimlich maneuver. I was freaking out because I thought, "Yep, this is how I'm going to die, having choked on a stupid supplement." Rachael was crying because I was heaving in the kitchen while Mr. Mo was doing all he could to Heimlich that pill up. No go. I'm not sure if it eventually dissolved or what, but the dang thing did a number on my throat and now, I think my esophagus is scratched or something because it is really sore.

I was really nervous to take it again last night but I did, and I didn't choke. I'm too cheap to not finish the bottle and go buy different ones.

Ouch. That's just scary.

Yeah, vitamins can be pretty ridiculous. The Trader Joe's Women's Formula vitamins are listed as three per day and each pill is almost as large as the one a day I usually take.

Silly confession: I don't have a problem with pills because I swallowed a ton of LIte-Bright pieces and Legos as a kid.

A Lite-Brite peg I can see but how the heck did you swallow a Lego and then do it again?!

Wait! How did I miss Legos? I only saw Lite-Bright!! You were a little dare devil!

The only thing I remember swallowing when I was younger was a dime or a penny. My uncle had given me the change & later I had went up to my mom & told her I ate money.

Ouch!

This did remind me of a story though. Has anyone ever gotten anything stuck up their nose? When I was a kid I remember getting a crayon stuck in my nose (in my sinus area) and my mom freaked out. We were finally able to get it out but I must have been a dumb/weird kid. Who sticks crayons up their noses? :)

I was trying to find the picture of my son at the ER, wrapped up in a blanket like a burrito, while the doctor removed the rubber stopper my son had put up his nose. Of course, I can't find the photo. But, yeah, I'm that mom, taking pictures in the ER. :D
    Yeah, I think it's really common!
    My son stuck a raisin up his nose, on a day when my very pregnant friend was babysitting (we were at a wedding). She tried to get it out, but by then it had swollen up and wouldn't budge. She had both my kids, plus hers, and really wasn't up to putting them all in the car and waiting at emergency, so she called her husband home from work to take my son. The husband checked my son in, explained the situation and sat down expecting a long wait. 3 minutes later he said it was like a scene from ER - carrying my son into a cubicle, people coming from all directions shouting instructions to each other etc. They got the tweezers up my son's nose and seemed disappointed that it was only a raisin - they'd heard that he had a RAZOR stuck up it!

You would think they'd be relieved that it was only a raisin. Makes you wonder how many people have actually stuck a razor up their nose?
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Ouch. That's just scary.

Ouch!

My son stuck a raisin up his nose, on a day when my very pregnant friend was babysitting (we were at a wedding). She tried to get it out, but by then it had swollen up and wouldn't budge. She had both my kids, plus hers, and really wasn't up to putting them all in the car and waiting at emergency, so she called her husband home from work to take my son. The husband checked my son in, explained the situation and sat down expecting a long wait. 3 minutes later he said it was like a scene from ER - carrying my son into a cubicle, people coming from all directions shouting instructions to each other etc. They got the tweezers up my son's nose and seemed disappointed that it was only a raisin - they'd heard that he had a RAZOR stuck up it!

The only thing my son (to date) has stuck up his nose were chocolate chips and I just basically waited for them to melt ;)
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Confession: I judge on people who use the Smith machine. For those of you using it, ignore me. Any workout is better than no workout. But the squat rack will give you better "bang for your buck" than the Smith machine. You use more stabilizing muscles when squatting in the squat rack (read 'stronger core' here, and who doesn't want that?).

Planet Fitness. No other option once you get above a certain weight, since the pre-weighted bars and dumbells only go up to 60lbs.

But, it's $20/mo, less than 2 miles from home, and open whenever I want to go, so...
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

Ouch. That's just scary.

Ouch!

You would think they'd be relieved that it was only a raisin. Makes you wonder how many people have actually stuck a razor up their nose?
    My friend used to work in an emergency department. She said you'd be surprised what things people put in all kinds of places. :|
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Ouch. That's just scary.

Ouch!

The only thing my son (to date) has stuck up his nose were chocolate chips and I just basically waited for them to melt ;)
    Haha!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Thanks all. I've been texting her this morning and no news on a surgery time - although it will almost certainly be today. Time is the essence, it seems. She's more stressed about the fact that she was having a down day yesterday, and didn't shower before she went out! I'm going to see if I can see her in a little bit and will take some nice sprays etc.

Keep us posted!!
    Will do. Am off to see her now.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options

Ouch. That's just scary.

Ouch!

Gross!!!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I went shopping on the weekend and wore one of my new shirts to work today. I had a coworker inform me that I still had the tag on. Whoops! :blush: At least it was first thing, so I don't think anyone else noticed.

That's nice that he/she told you instead of letting you go around the whole day!
    I've done that with the little size stickers on shirts! Those little suckers are tiny and sometimes not noticeable unless you're actually looking for them!

They are! And everyone seems to be able to see them, except the person wearing the shirt lol
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I went shopping on the weekend and wore one of my new shirts to work today. I had a coworker inform me that I still had the tag on. Whoops! :blush: At least it was first thing, so I don't think anyone else noticed.

Thank God they were nice & told you.

I rung up a customer the other day & decided to be nice & tell them they had put their shirt on inside out. I know if it were me I would hope someone would point it out.

I'm sure they appreciated it! (after getting over any embarrassment lol).
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I am going to my high school reunion next month. We are weird and we are having a 33rd reunion because do not want to wait for 35. Anyway, our class president is a billionaire and he has hired Eddie Money to come play for us at our party! I am kinda excited about this.

That is super cool!!!

He hired Loverboy to play for our 25th reunion.

OMG (again) I was a huge Loverboy fan when I was teenager..off to download some now :)

Ditto! What does this guy do that he is a billionaire!? Is he single? Can I come? I saw Loverboy in high school. My 2nd concert ever. .

You always know the right questions to ask! :lol:
  • ShibaEars
    edited August 2015
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    So, the hibachi place last night was SO GOOD and we had a blast! I'm up 2 pounds today, but whatever.

My left hip is hurting...I'm thinking it's from squats and deadlifts. I have not been stretching and I really need to. Think I'm going to take a break from legs for a few days (I normally do them twice a week) and spend some time stretching this weekend.

Yes, make sure you stretch! Foam rolling helps too, if you haven't done it already.

ETA: Glad you had a good time last night!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    How do those work?

You just place it centrally on the bar, it stays put nicely. Obviously you want it turned so that the sponge's opening is furthest away from your body when you lift.

Like so:

51bQn5ZFJJL.jpg

Thanks! I just realized our Smith machine at the gym is set up backwards. Oh well. I like to watch myself while I lift so I can check out my form.

Ha! This made me giggle for some odd reason.
    Lately I've been going to the women's gym (I bounce between a women's gym and a co-ed gym depending on which office I am at that day) and I've realized I am a mirror hog. I know that my knees tend to buckle during squats if I'm not careful and when doing OHP my left shoulder will move out of place so I'm constantly on the lookout for that. I'm not vain I swear! LOL

I like and hate watching myself at the same time. I like watching myself so I can check and correct my form if I need to. I hate watching myself because my face gets so red and that little vein I have in my forehead, becomes the size of an *anaconda. One thing that I REALLY like about lifting though, I LOVE pushing myself to see what I'm capable of, which unfortunately, now, is not much. :smile:

*might be a slight exaggeration.
    only slight

Same. I like to make sure my form is okay, but I also get a little grossed out watching my fat squish as I'm doing squats :blush: I also worry about what it looks like from the back (Sorry to anyone behind me!!!)
  • ShibaEars
    edited August 2015
    Options

Ouch. That's just scary.

Ouch!

I stuck a fruit snack up my nose when I was about 3 :grimace: My mom was panicked and took me to her sister (who's a nurse) who calmly got a tissue and told me to blow lol.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I'm waiting to hear from my BIL. My sister's been having headaches and funny vision for a couple of weeks. Yesterday she thought she should get it looked at, so she dropped in hoping her optometrist could see her. She still hasn't been home! It's a partially detached retina. They sent her straight to a specialist who said she had to get picked up (no more driving!) and go directly to the hospital. She needs emergency surgery, which should have happened last night, but the surgeon was already operating, so she had to stay in. Hopefully it will happen this morning. When she gets home she has to spend 2 weeks face down on a massage table, and 6 weeks total off work.
    If she's lucky, she'll keep the sight in that eye. :#

I think we're all in shock.

Holy crap that's scary! I hope she does keep her sight. And I hope she doesn't go crazy from having to spend 2 weeks laying like that!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    OOOOHHHHH, guess what, guys!? While we were watching workout B videos to prepare for last night's session, Mr. Mo started looking for power racks online. He said we're going to get one for our basement gym!!!! I'm SUPER stoked about this!!!!

Nice! You guys will be able to workout at your own pace, whenever you want, & not have to worry about jerks who hog equipment/throw it around/or get in your way while you're lifting.

That sounds like a weight lifting heaven
  • ShibaEars
    Options

Ouch. That's just scary.

Ouch!

My friend used to work in an emergency department. She said you'd be surprised what things people put in all kinds of places. :|

I saw a headline yesterday about a guy with a flashlight stuck up his bum - he wouldn't say how it got there.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Hey, I think I took over the whole page