Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I feel like I can join you lifting gals, even though I'm nowhere near lifting the weights you do. I've been at it 4 weeks and I'm really enjoying it. I've found a good trainer, who makes me do reps of 24x20x20x20 and increases the weights on each set. I'm quite proud of what I've achieved so far, but my arms/shoulders definitely need more work!

I was in the gym for 4 hours yesterday (unintentionally). I went to have a run, then chill out before circuit class, but my trainer grabbed me during my run and said we were going to do arms (didn't have a session booked), so went straight from running, to weights, to a circuit class and finished off with aqua aerobics (ok i treat that as a stretch and relax session). But today I am hungry!! I have already eaten my measly lunch. There is torrential rain stopping me heading out for something else (i'm thinking chicken) to eat.

Ha ha same! It hasn't stopped all day! We were saying in the office, it feels like November, not August! And I would get the chicken, your body wants protein. After all that work you did yesterday it needs protein to recover. Or cheese. I just had half a mozzarella ball (75g) and it had 14g protein for 191 calories. You can get a low fat version, but I don't know what the stats are for it.

Edit: 25x20x20x20 I would DIE if that was heavy lifting! He is going for the low weight - high rep option which is still fine as others will tell you, but don't expect to do heavy lifting with those rep counts. It's stronglifts 5x5 because its 5 sets of 5 reps, heavy weight. Keep going though your doing a-maze-ing!

Yeah, that's what he said. I said I didn't think 50-60kg was all that low, but whatever :D

I did dash out, the bottom half of my trousers are soaking (Now they don't stay around my waist, the bottoms drag on the floor. I went to get a packet of chicken from M&S, but all sold out. I ended up with a chicken roll from greggs :(

not looking forward to my drive home tonight.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    The last two weeks I've visited Arby's every single day and ordered TWO chocolate turnovers. I only stopped because I finally plugged the numbers into the MFP and audibly GASPED at the results.

The truth about the calories is like a slap in the face.....or at least the back of your hand to make you drop it.

The worst is when you realize something wasn't worth all of the calories & you feel gipped.

I hate when I eat something that has a lot of calories & then I still feel hangry or dissatisfied because it was ok but not great.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    For all the Canadians here, it's Miracle Treat Day at DQ today. Pretty sure since it's going to a good cause there is zero calories.... I plan on hitting it up for a mini this evening :)

eating for charity=negative calories.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    How do those work?

You just place it centrally on the bar, it stays put nicely. Obviously you want it turned so that the sponge's opening is furthest away from your body when you lift.

Like so:

51bQn5ZFJJL.jpg

Thanks! I just realized our Smith machine at the gym is set up backwards. Oh well. I like to watch myself while I lift so I can check out my form.

Ha! This made me giggle for some odd reason.
    Lately I've been going to the women's gym (I bounce between a women's gym and a co-ed gym depending on which office I am at that day) and I've realized I am a mirror hog. I know that my knees tend to buckle during squats if I'm not careful and when doing OHP my left shoulder will move out of place so I'm constantly on the lookout for that. I'm not vain I swear! LOL

I like and hate watching myself at the same time. I like watching myself so I can check and correct my form if I need to. I hate watching myself because my face gets so red and that little vein I have in my forehead, becomes the size of an *anaconda. One thing that I REALLY like about lifting though, I LOVE pushing myself to see what I'm capable of, which unfortunately, now, is not much. :smile:

*might be a slight exaggeration.
    only slight
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    HalT93mfp wrote: »
    I tried to lose a lot of weight before and succeeded a year ago but after a traumatizing incident where my best friend committed suicide, my ex girlfriend and first love broke up, and a huge family crisis that resulted in losing my job i had since 2009, I had gained 50lbs from stress eating and depression.

I binge ate for comfort XD I'm a weirdo!

Lots of people binge eat for comfort - you are not a weirdo.

That is a lot of stress all at once - hope things are better for you now.

This so much this! You're not a weirdo so don't think that.

Sorry to hear of all of the stresses you've been through recently. If you need to vent @HalT93mfp then feel free to come in here & we be your ears.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Oh and OMG I'm so nervous about counseling tonight. I don't even know what to say anymore. I'm getting really anxious. Blah...

Whatever you do, don't be railroaded or pushed off. Make sure you make your feelings known and heard. If it will help, make a list of grievances or concerns. I find making lists helps in the moment when you've forgotten what you want to say.

Regardless of the outcome, you being happy and valued in the relationship is key.

Hugs!

Beautifully said.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    OOOOHHHHH, guess what, guys!? While we were watching workout B videos to prepare for last night's session, Mr. Mo started looking for power racks online. He said we're going to get one for our basement gym!!!! I'm SUPER stoked about this!!!!

SO JEALOUS!!!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    How do those work?

You just place it centrally on the bar, it stays put nicely. Obviously you want it turned so that the sponge's opening is furthest away from your body when you lift.

Like so:

51bQn5ZFJJL.jpg

Thanks! I just realized our Smith machine at the gym is set up backwards. Oh well. I like to watch myself while I lift so I can check out my form.

Lately I've been going to the women's gym (I bounce between a women's gym and a co-ed gym depending on which office I am at that day) and I've realized I am a mirror hog. I know that my knees tend to buckle during squats if I'm not careful and when doing OHP my left shoulder will move out of place so I'm constantly on the lookout for that. I'm not vain I swear! LOL

I am the same way...I have to use a mirror to make sure I'm holding the bar straight on certain exercises.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Day 2 of SL 5X5 in the bag. I'm REALLY digging working out with my honey even though he keeps accusing me of trying to kill him. >:)

A few key things about tonight:
    I dead lifted 95 lbs. on my first time.
    I weigh 135 lbs. which is 8 more than two weeks ago.
    I HATE overhead presses.

I think everyone does. And if they don't, then they are wrong.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I have to confess, I'm really jealous of everyone lifting. :( I wish I could do that again too. I haven't done anything like that in about 10 years. I can't really afford to go to the gym right now and don't have anything to work out with at home.

Check out some of the bodyweight training stuff. Lots of the folks on the boards will tell you to check out Convict Conditioning. You don't need any special weights, just use your own body weight.

The name made me laugh but thanks for the tip!
  • TigerNY128
    Options
    How do those work?

Like so:

51bQn5ZFJJL.jpg

I like and hate watching myself at the same time. I like watching myself so I can check and correct my form if I need to. I hate watching myself because my face gets so red and that little vein I have in my forehead, becomes the size of an *anaconda. One thing that I REALLY like about lifting though, I LOVE pushing myself to see what I'm capable of, which unfortunately, now, is not much. :smile:

*might be a slight exaggeration.
    only slight

You'll be amazed at how quickly you progress in the beginning! You're doing great!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    OOOOHHHHH, guess what, guys!? While we were watching workout B videos to prepare for last night's session, Mr. Mo started looking for power racks online. He said we're going to get one for our basement gym!!!! I'm SUPER stoked about this!!!!

SO JEALOUS!!!

I think it's so we don't have to workout at the Y anymore. He hates it there. I'm behind anything that will keep him lifting and getting into shape.

He told me last night that if I wasn't there "cheering him on", he would have given up. That made me feel amazing.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I have a stupid confession for today and then, I will be MIA because of work stuff.

Monday night I went to take my vitamins before bed. The L-Lysine I take is a huge pill and I have a hard time swallowing it every time. Mr. Mo suggested cutting it in half so it wouldn't be nearly as big. HUGE MISTAKE. I cut the pill in half and it got lodged in my throat. So much so, that he had to give me the Heimlich maneuver. I was freaking out because I thought, "Yep, this is how I'm going to die, having choked on a stupid supplement." Rachael was crying because I was heaving in the kitchen while Mr. Mo was doing all he could to Heimlich that pill up. No go. I'm not sure if it eventually dissolved or what, but the dang thing did a number on my throat and now, I think my esophagus is scratched or something because it is really sore.

I was really nervous to take it again last night but I did, and I didn't choke. I'm too cheap to not finish the bottle and go buy different ones.

Why do supplements/vitamins have to be so big?!
    Ouch. That's just scary.

Yeah, vitamins can be pretty ridiculous. The Trader Joe's Women's Formula vitamins are listed as three per day and each pill is almost as large as the one a day I usually take.

Silly confession: I don't have a problem with pills because I swallowed a ton of LIte-Bright pieces and Legos as a kid.

A Lite-Brite peg I can see but how the heck did you swallow a Lego and then do it again?!

Wait! How did I miss Legos? I only saw Lite-Bright!! You were a little dare devil!

The only thing I remember swallowing when I was younger was a dime or a penny. My uncle had given me the change & later I had went up to my mom & told her I ate money.

Ouch!

This did remind me of a story though. Has anyone ever gotten anything stuck up their nose? When I was a kid I remember getting a crayon stuck in my nose (in my sinus area) and my mom freaked out. We were finally able to get it out but I must have been a dumb/weird kid. Who sticks crayons up their noses? :)
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession: I judge on people who use the Smith machine. For those of you using it, ignore me. Any workout is better than no workout. But the squat rack will give you better "bang for your buck" than the Smith machine. You use more stabilizing muscles when squatting in the squat rack (read 'stronger core' here, and who doesn't want that?).
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice too. I'm going to make a list now. :) It's a really good idea because with my nerves the way they are today, I'll forget stuff.
  • FroggyBug
    Options

Wow, that is so cool!
  • TigerNY128
    Options
    Confession: I judge on people who use the Smith machine. For those of you using it, ignore me. Any workout is better than no workout. But the squat rack will give you better "bang for your buck" than the Smith machine. You use more stabilizing muscles when squatting in the squat rack (read 'stronger core' here, and who doesn't want that?).

I don't judge, but I don't use the Smith machine...only the squat rack.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options

SO JEALOUS!!!

I think it's so we don't have to workout at the Y anymore. He hates it there. I'm behind anything that will keep him lifting and getting into shape.

He told me last night that if I wasn't there "cheering him on", he would have given up. That made me feel amazing.

That is awesome. I cannot wait to get rid of the dual stack weights in my garage so I can make room for my power rack. Hubby told me to get that gone and we will buy one.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Oh and OMG I'm so nervous about counseling tonight. I don't even know what to say anymore. I'm getting really anxious. Blah...

Whatever you do, don't be railroaded or pushed off. Make sure you make your feelings known and heard. If it will help, make a list of grievances or concerns. I find making lists helps in the moment when you've forgotten what you want to say.

Regardless of the outcome, you being happy and valued in the relationship is key.

Hugs!

THIS
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I have a stupid confession for today and then, I will be MIA because of work stuff.

Monday night I went to take my vitamins before bed. The L-Lysine I take is a huge pill and I have a hard time swallowing it every time. Mr. Mo suggested cutting it in half so it wouldn't be nearly as big. HUGE MISTAKE. I cut the pill in half and it got lodged in my throat. So much so, that he had to give me the Heimlich maneuver. I was freaking out because I thought, "Yep, this is how I'm going to die, having choked on a stupid supplement." Rachael was crying because I was heaving in the kitchen while Mr. Mo was doing all he could to Heimlich that pill up. No go. I'm not sure if it eventually dissolved or what, but the dang thing did a number on my throat and now, I think my esophagus is scratched or something because it is really sore.

I was really nervous to take it again last night but I did, and I didn't choke. I'm too cheap to not finish the bottle and go buy different ones.

Why do supplements/vitamins have to be so big?!
    Ouch. That's just scary.

Yeah, vitamins can be pretty ridiculous. The Trader Joe's Women's Formula vitamins are listed as three per day and each pill is almost as large as the one a day I usually take.

Silly confession: I don't have a problem with pills because I swallowed a ton of LIte-Bright pieces and Legos as a kid.

A Lite-Brite peg I can see but how the heck did you swallow a Lego and then do it again?!

Wait! How did I miss Legos? I only saw Lite-Bright!! You were a little dare devil!

The only thing I remember swallowing when I was younger was a dime or a penny. My uncle had given me the change & later I had went up to my mom & told her I ate money.

Ouch!

This did remind me of a story though. Has anyone ever gotten anything stuck up their nose? When I was a kid I remember getting a crayon stuck in my nose (in my sinus area) and my mom freaked out. We were finally able to get it out but I must have been a dumb/weird kid. Who sticks crayons up their noses? :)

I was trying to find the picture of my son at the ER, wrapped up in a blanket like a burrito, while the doctor removed the rubber stopper my son had put up his nose. Of course, I can't find the photo. But, yeah, I'm that mom, taking pictures in the ER. :D