The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I want to share the lesson I learned today: Taking care of myself can be something as lame as saying, "I changed my mind, I am not able to do that now." OR before I agree to do someone a favor, "Let me think about that, & get back to you...." OR "NO!! But, if I change my mind, I'll let you know."

Is anyone else out there recovering from people pleasing?? ;)
    @JenT304 and @RubyRed427...I've said it before, BUT will again, I totally admire anyone who chooses to remain sober while living with others who drink. It's obviously much easier to control your environment to lessen temptation when you live alone. Either way though, it takes determination to remain sober and you ladies along with others on this thread have that and it is truly an inspiration to me. :)

<3:) I don't know what to say but it's interesting hearing what your saying
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    I want to share the lesson I learned today: Taking care of myself can be something as lame as saying, "I changed my mind, I am not able to do that now." OR before I agree to do someone a favor, "Let me think about that, & get back to you...." OR "NO!! But, if I change my mind, I'll let you know."

Is anyone else out there recovering from people pleasing?? ;)

Yes and I have been saying, "Let me think about it" a lot now. It is my thing to do. Otherwise I say I will do it and get overwhelmed quite a bit and have the potential to drink or overeat.....
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    Ke22yB wrote: »
    To all the January Birthday 🎂 celebrations
    Happy birthday
    I am celebrating on the 25th the 10th AF birthday for me
    I started a tradition on my 65th running 1/10th of a mile per year
    This year I will run 🏃 7.1 miles to celebrate 71 years
    This is what my sobriety and weight loss has given me the ability to do every year
    Fortunately I am celebrating this year at my daughters house in California
    I hope to continue this till I am 80 and run 8 miles

You are inspiring! Happy Birthday, too!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    @razorcut. AWESOME!!!
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    @Fitness327wk It definitely sounds like you hear where I am coming from. My husband and I were also drinking buddies so this is a big change for him. I get that. He is not actively trying to sabotage me at least. I'll be grateful for that much.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    JenT304 wrote: »
    @Fitness327wk It definitely sounds like you hear where I am coming from. My husband and I were also drinking buddies so this is a big change for him. I get that. He is not actively trying to sabotage me at least.

I do! Thanks for your understanding!