The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    @Joha5603 Glad to see you back and thank you for your honesty and for sharing the difficult stuff <3

@Drummer913 Hi there!!! :)

Welcome to all the new faces. Lots of great comments!!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    @joha5603 Sending you big hugs. You are resilient. And 3 out of 30 is better than 4,5,6.... and so on. I have a drinking problem. And like that Craig Ferguson video said we also have a thinking problem. I think we are highly sensitive and deep thinkers and feelers. You are on the right track. I wish you peace. Thanks for sharing your story. It helps me enormously.

I will catch up on the other messages and welcome @beccabalko48 It would be nice to learn some tips from you.
    @salleewins That is awful. Just when you were on track with your fitness. I wish you a speedy recovery. Remember this too shall pass. Xo
    @Drummer913 Love those Craig Beck Videos. Good suggestion.
  • kcn2bluesky
    kcn2bluesky Posts: 187 Member
    I would highly recommend the following book if you are looking for a fun activity bookto replace alcohol! You should check it out! FUN!

A Book That Takes Its Time: An Unhurried Adventure in Creative Mindfulness (Flow) Hardcover – October 3, 2017
    by Irene Smit (Author), Astrid van der Hulst

Thank you so much for the book reference! I just popped over to Amazon to check it out and it really resonated with me as something I would love to do. It's now on it's way to me, along with a couple other items from the same publisher.

Thanks again!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    @kcn2bluesky

I think you will be very happy with your purchase!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Hello all! I’m new on MFP and saw this group. My sober date is 10/4/88 and am thankful for one more day and to hopefully make friends here😊💕

Awesome on your sobriety! Welcome to the group!
  • joha5603
    joha5603 Posts: 102 Member
    tifano wrote: »
    HUGS friend

Hugs back to you. And thank you for sharing your experience!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    salleewins wrote: »
    NormInv wrote: »
    i was tempted today out of nowhere....basically because i was bored and life seemed dull....that will be a challenge the farther i go

Yes that happens to me, too. Glad you told us. You are good being on guard.

any tips?
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    @RubyRed427
    If you are not aware of a really cool app called YouVersion The Bible, they have a ton of free daily devotionals based on your selection criteria. Great stuff from examples: Chuck Swindoll, Beth Moore, Pricilla Schirer, etc.. Also, they have another app from YouVersion called Bible Lens and it allows you to select a photo and then it will attach a bible scripture to it, pretty cool!

Some art ideas for fun since you are not signed up for one right now:
    - I did a Gratitude book last year from May 1 to Thanksgiving (200 days of gratitude) and took a picture daily and put it in a app called Simple Prints. You can add a page everyday with one picture or multiple and then it will create a scrapbook that you can either save PDF or have it printed hardback.

Okay enough with apps, LOL!
    - I like art as well and it helps me to use my creative side of my head. I am very analytical (prior analyst)! :smile:
    - Daily app called Daily Art : Your dose of art. *They select a piece of art give the synopsis from what area, timeframe etc.. I have always loved looking at art.
    - Fun book called FLOW BOOK FOR PAPER LOVERS 6 (2018-19) - new copies Exclusively from Magazines and more Single Issue Magazine (a little pricy; however, a lot of fun art projects). As you know a ton of other stuff mags, etc you can buy.

Have a great day! Headed to Barre (WORKOUT, haha! :smiley: )

Thank you! I love that first idea!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    @Fitness327wk thank you for these tips! I will look into them. I love them all. :)