Healthy Holidays! (Christmas Group #2)- Closed Group

Options

Replies

• Saksgirl1
    Saksgirl1 Posts: 248
    Options
    So I had my weigh in today... HOLY CRAP I SUCK! I'm still the same, but I did manage to lose another 2 inches - that makes 26 inches total!!! I don't know what I am doing wrong! FOR THE MOST PART, I am eating well and I'm definitely working out 5 days a week (except last week, it was more 5 workout sessions because one day I went 2X)... I just can't seem to lose!

On a happy note, I tried on an old pair of size 28 jeans today (Seven for all Mankind!)... they buttoned without me laying on the bed!!!! HOWEVER (and note the caps!), they are not going to be worn in public anytime soon! But it was still a small victory!

Can someone please explain to me how since combining strength training and cardio I have managed to lose 26 inches and 2-3 lbs? And PLEASE don't tell me that muscle weighs more than fat because from what I hear, you only gain MAYBE 1 lb of muscle per month!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Question: does anyone ever log in excercise for playing with the dogs. I take my dogs to the dog park a couple times a week and romp and run with them. I work up a good sweat too, but there's nothing in excercise for playing with the fur babies. Any suggestions? Or am I not supposed to log stuff like that?

if it's part of your normal routine, I don't know if I'd log it.
    If it's something you just started doing, then log it.
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Question: does anyone ever log in excercise for playing with the dogs. I take my dogs to the dog park a couple times a week and romp and run with them. I work up a good sweat too, but there's nothing in excercise for playing with the fur babies. Any suggestions? Or am I not supposed to log stuff like that?

if it's part of your normal routine, I don't know if I'd log it.
    If it's something you just started doing, then log it.

Its a recent addition to my routine. Just moved to an area with a dog park in walking distance. Figured it would be a good break from the gym to walk to boys to the park, play for a bit, walk home. I was doing some research and most sites say on average you burn 115 calories per half hour playing with dogs.
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Weigh in for the week: 218.8.

Have I mentioned that I hate TOM weight? :tongue:
  • Lantern823
    Lantern823 Posts: 115
    Options
    Weigh in week 2: 255.8- only like half a pound but a loss is a loss
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! How is everyone doing? I got back from vacation Saturday, and I am still getting back in the swing of things. I didn't get a chance to post before I left for vacation, but here are my stats from last week and this week:

Week 1 Weigh In:194
    Week 2 Weigh In:196

I know I am still bloated from all the high sodium food and alcohol I ate on vacation. I didn't have access to MFP on vacay, but I did try to estimate my calories so I stayed around maintanence cals. Week 3 weigh in should get rid of my vacay weight and then some!
  • Sandbug
    Sandbug Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Only have a second to post so here is my weigh in. I am happy with it.

Week 2 weigh in: 158.2
  • Imannott
    Imannott Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

Here is my weigh-in 233. Have a great week.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Weigh in week 2: 255.8- only like half a pound but a loss is a loss

week 2 weigh in. gained 1.2 lbs so CW is 349.1
  • Babushka_Dolly
    Babushka_Dolly Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I am Hannah_Dawn but I have just changed my name.
    I am weighing in as 148lb today :happy:
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    After dropping a bunch of weight from being sick, I've now gained some of it back. Weigh in is at 176, thats a gain of 2.5 lbs. :sad:
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    My weight as of this morning is 192.2
    This is an increase from last week. TOM is to blame for the weight gain.
    I HATE this time of the month. My weight usually goes up by 3-5 pounds from about a week before, a week during and several days after. Am not even sure I should weigh myself during this time. Arrrrrg!!!!:explode:
  • overzoelous
    overzoelous Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Hope you're having a FABULOUS Monday!
    My weight today is 260, which is only a 2 lb lost from last week, which is okay with me considering the week before I lost 6 and I had my period this week ha!
    Keep up the great work!!
  • janiecorona
    Options
    Monday weigh-in (week 2): 210. That's a loss of 2 lbs. My weight keeps fluctuating but I am proud to announce that this week, I beat my 1-mile run time by 3 minutes! Getting closer and closer to my NSV goal!(:
  • thereseofdoom
    thereseofdoom Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    weighed in at 134.4 this morning. Only a slight loss from last week, but I'll take what I can get! I started 30 DS so I'm hoping that I'm gaining some muscle too!
  • corgifan
    corgifan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Looks like some ups and downs this week. No worries! We still have 18 more weigh-ins left- it's definitely a marathon and not a race!

I'll update the spreadsheet tomorrow. I'm running a bit behind due to being under the weather (yay strep throat!) and working at a school further away. (I got a call to come sub last week- the kids' teacher couldn't handle them and quite halfway through the first day. In her defense, she's got a very young baby at home and I just don't think she was ready to go back to work full-time. Still....awkward and I'm picking up a lot of slack in an area I'm not trained in to make sure the kids don't fall behind).

Such is life!

Oh yea, as for weight- missed it this AM, so I'll be sure to get it tomorrow. DEFINITELY not going by the doctor's scale, which said 211.1, though that was late afternoon, full of fluids, and fully clothed with shoes. Still, expecting a gain after eating carbs the past two days while not working out. :/
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    SW - 198
    CW - 191
    Loss - 7 lbs.
    NSV - I want to fit comfortable into a size 10 jeans and around 160 lbs.
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    So after a week of not being able to work out, being stressed beyond belief and Francesca coming (AKA TOM) my weigh in is at 252. That's a 6.8 lb GAIN.

Let's just say, I'm not a happy camper. :/ Oh well. School is DONE (for now) and I can get back on track 100%!!!
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    bloody no change again, i know im getting more toned so im hoping its just muscle but why cant i loose weight and gain muscle, coz i dont want 2 stop gaining muscle i wan2 b really toned. :0(
  • slw732
    slw732 Posts: 23
    Options
    Ahh, I went up from 177.2 to 177.8. Not too bad considering I had McDonalds and haven't been to the gym in a week. Oh well....time to get back on the wagon.