The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Yea! I haven’t tried that brand of tea. Please let me know what you think?
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Tell us about this tea pot.....
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    Here’s a video showing how the tea maker works.
    https://youtu.be/3E7XnyJzH_c
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    JenT304 wrote: »
    I signed up to take a crochet lesson on Thursday. It's been on my bucket list for a while. Definitely something to keep my hands busy at night. Wishing you all a happy Sober Sunday :)

This is one of my fav hobbies in the winter. Good for you!
  • kcn2bluesky
    kcn2bluesky Posts: 187 Member
    edited January 2019
    @kcn2bluesky Sounds like some great books...one "A Book That Takes It's Time" reminds me of a book I borrowed from a client's library entitled, "The Book of AWESOME." written by the author of @1000awesomethings.com It's a compilation of 'little things' in life that contribute to our happiness...things that we may take for granted and not really even notice. It's a humorous read too. AND it sounds like you have an awesome hubby btw!!

Hope everyone is having a relaxing, wonderful weekend <3

Thanks for the book referral, @lorrainequiche59 ! I will check out the website and book today when I have a few moments. I've rediscovered a love for reading...sitting quietly for at least 30 minutes a day, and just reading for pleasure. I used to read quite a bit many years ago, then life seemed to get so busy and I never focused on carving out time for the little things I love to do. The funny thing is, I think my life is technically busier nowadays!

Thanks, also, for the shout-out to my awesome hubby! I'm very fortunate to have him! We've been married 34 years and he's still my BFF :love:

@kcn2bluesky

I am SO happy you ordered the books!! I absolutely LOVE their books and I am thrilled you are enjoying their books! They also publish a magazine called flow every other month. It is expensive since they are shipping from the UK. Here is their website:
    https://www.flowmagazine.com

You can also order back issues on eBay that are more reasonable priced. Another book coming out in March/April worldwide, I think you may be able to order through Amazon is: https://www.flowmagazine.com/shop/flow-book-paper-lovers-6.

Have a great Sunday!

Thanks again for the book & magazine recommendations @Fitness327wk ! I signed up for their newsletter yesterday and checked out their magazine. Definitely pricey but I suspect, based on the quality and content of their books, that the magazine is worth the purchase price, if even just to try for a year. I think I might ask for this as a birthday gift.

For anyone interested, here is a link to the knitting bag my hubby purchased:
    https://www.amazon.com/Teamoy-Knitting-Organizer-Supplies-Accessories/dp/B0748CVHH4/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?keywords=knitting+bag&amp;qid=1548080487&amp;sr=8-3-spons&amp;th=1

And here are links to the Flow books:

https://www.amazon.com/Book-That-Takes-Its-Time/dp/0761193774/ref=sr_1_1?crid=SXV0OKL9JEPV&amp;keywords=a+book+that+takes+its+time+an+unhurried+adventure+in+creative&amp;qid=1548080562&amp;sprefix=a+book+that,aps,199&amp;sr=8-1
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    @RubyRed427 Thanks for the helpful hints...I will write my goal list for this week. I never do that, but it's certainly worth a try.

Yes, I've done all kinds of therapy through the years. I had a pretty messed up home life. I listen to a lot of YouTube therapists now...the last therapist I saw referred to things she learned on YouTube so I figure if it's good enough for her......!! and yes it is the "core" beliefs that we have about ourselves that can hold us back. I'd like to find someone again, (my last one moved out of town) but I'm not sure if I could get it covered through our provincial health care. I've been thinking of talking with my Doc and see if there is anyone that specializes in my particular issues & if it can be funded. Thanks again....BIG HUG back <3

• laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    edited January 2019
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    I’m doing well. In the evenings I am more bored since I didn’t sign up for art class or bible class. I think that was a bad idea. I just sit in my house after working out and cooking dinner, and think well is this all there is? Sitting drinking tea and reading. I had a little pity party but this morning feel terrific of course, that I didn’t drink this month.It really is a game changer with how the body reacts and is healing.

There might be some alcohol-free groups in the area on Meetup (they might not specifically be advertised as alcohol-free but are alcohol-free in practice, like there's a vegan meetup I go to sometimes and it's not specifically alcohol-free but nobody ever drinks there).
    salleewins wrote: »
    I have gone through periods where I am not sure what to do to be busy lately. Nothing sounds appealing. It is cold out. Work is hard. I think it is winter....I feel tired. One thing I am happy about is not hearing hours and hours of lawnmowing. ha ha. It will come to me and I better get on it as the liquor store looks more appealing and I can't have that. I better put my mind to it tomorrow.

Winter is hard. I don't usually go out much in the winter unless I absolutely have to, but I have to make more of an effort to actually go hang out with people. I work from home too. It was under 15 degrees today so I didn't even bother to go outside at all.
    NormInv wrote: »
    Thanks for the support...

Today in Wall Street Journal, there was an article on how AF is the new trend and alcohol sales are down across the board and alcohol companies are now offering AF alternatives....if you have access to WSJ check it out

in the same article was a link to a 'dry january' article....it listed all the benefits and said that dry january has been big in england and is now also getting big in US

Wow that's really interesting and exciting! Maybe if it continues there will be more alternatives to bars and stuff to hang out.
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    JenT304 wrote: »
    Good morning, Friends! I just came across this quote for those struggling....and who isn't struggling at one time or another?

"Every day may not be a good day BUT there is good in every day."

I wish you all peace and happiness today <3 Jen

SO true!! Thank you for that, :)<3;)