Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

This decades “health woo”

Replies

• SFJULES66
    SFJULES66 Posts: 168 Member
    Microbiome.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited January 2019

Thanks for the link, it's actually pretty much how I've been transitioning my diet over to (I've been experimenting with a pescetarian/DASH way of eating). I still include 2-3 servings of dairy every day, usually in the form of Greek yogurt and cheese, but I'm more mindful of how it fits into my day's eating plan.

eta: the article linked talks about how dairy is being minimized a lot with the new guidelines, but it is listed under the protein section-
    https://food-guide.canada.ca/en/healthy-eating-recommendations/make-it-a-habit-to-eat-vegetables-fruit-whole-grains-and-protein-foods/eat-protein-foods/
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    zeejane03 wrote: »

Thanks for the link, it's actually pretty much how I've been transitioning my diet over to (I've been experimenting with a pescetarian/DASH way of eating). I still include 2-3 servings of dairy every day, usually in the form of Greek yogurt and cheese, but I'm more mindful of how it fits into my day's eating plan.

eta: the article linked talks about how dairy is being minimized a lot with the new guidelines, but it is listed under the protein section-
    https://food-guide.canada.ca/en/healthy-eating-recommendations/make-it-a-habit-to-eat-vegetables-fruit-whole-grains-and-protein-foods/eat-protein-foods/

Yes, the recommendation is to limit red and processed meats as well as saturated fats from dairy:

"The emphasis is on a high proportion of plant-based foods and replacing foods that contain mostly saturated fat (cream, high fat cheese, butter and the like) with foods that contain mostly unsaturated fats, like nuts, seeds and avocados. A diet higher in vegetables and fruits is linked to a lower risk of cardiovascular disease, eating more nuts or soy protein can help improve blood fat levels and processed meat has been linked to higher risks of colorectal cancer, Health Canada says."
  • snickerscharlie
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    bpetrosky wrote: »

Yes, the recommendation is to limit red and processed meats as well as saturated fats from dairy:

"The emphasis is on a high proportion of plant-based foods and replacing foods that contain mostly saturated fat (cream, high fat cheese, butter and the like) with foods that contain mostly unsaturated fats, like nuts, seeds and avocados. A diet higher in vegetables and fruits is linked to a lower risk of cardiovascular disease, eating more nuts or soy protein can help improve blood fat levels and processed meat has been linked to higher risks of colorectal cancer, Health Canada says."

Obviously the work of vegan sympathizers and crypto-vegetarians being fronted by the secret vegan billionaire cabal trying to keep people from eating the beef vital to their health and environment. The Pentavirate is also involved. ;)

I need in on this vegan billionaire action. Life as a vegan thousandaire is getting tedious.

Better than being a hundredaire :frowning:

Or a buck-fiftyaire.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member

Obviously the work of vegan sympathizers and crypto-vegetarians being fronted by the secret vegan billionaire cabal trying to keep people from eating the beef vital to their health and environment. The Pentavirate is also involved. ;)

I need in on this vegan billionaire action. Life as a vegan thousandaire is getting tedious.

Or a buck-fiftyaire.

You'll have to stick to whipping cream on that budget.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member

Or a buck-fiftyaire.

*googles what the kitten whipping cream even is*

• snickerscharlie
    edited January 2019

Or a buck-fiftyaire.

I might occasionally be able to throw some ground beef in there with it.

The perfect keto storm...
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member

Or a buck-fiftyaire.

Be sure to get the horseradish flavored heavy whipping cream if you do that. Thank me later.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member

Or a buck-fiftyaire.

Be sure to get the horseradish flavored heavy whipping cream if you do that. Thank me later.

Maybe blend it all into a shake?

Throw whipping cream, ground beef, coffee, coconut oil, butter and some ACV (because why not?) into a blender.

Added bonus? It would definitely act as a 'cleanse' too!

Imma gonna be rich, I tell ya! No more buck-fifty club for me. B)

No green tea?