Daily calories are too much!! HELP!

Options

Replies

• ksarraillon
    ksarraillon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So at 900 calories a day you are going to continue getting that message regardless of whether you are full or not, or whether you are weighing your food correctly or not... that message that pops up explains that it won't be logged because you are eating an unsafe amount for proper health. MFP and dieticians in general recommend a MINIMUM of 1000 calories consumed a day for women, even while trying to lose weight. 1200-1500 is the recommended I believe... just read that message next time it pops up, it definitely explains why it won't post it on your behalf.
  • TACO7RK
    TACO7RK Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    20 pound loss is pretty good. You must be doing something right.
  • musican5
    musican5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Get some kind of fitness tracker. I've used MFP off and on for many years, and I firmly believe having my Fitbit is making all the difference this time.

I have my Activity Level set to Sedentary so MFP calculates my intake to be 1240 which is great for these cold weekends when I tend to stay in and not be very active. However, during the week when I'm moving about at work, I can see calories I earn from activity and eat them back.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    amenok wrote: »
    You can just not "submit" the entry. You will still have your information and be counted for coming on that day. If you're eating < 1000 calories a day though, i'd probably suggest alternate day fasting or longer (while eating close to maintenance) so you won't ruin your BMR.

you wont ruin your BMR what will happen over time is adaptive thermogenesis but that can be reversed with something called reversed dieting.