Your first concert....?

Options

Replies

• nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Live (2000) in Johannesburg, it was my 18th birtday!
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    Atomic Kitten AHA!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Concert that was a lot of fun was California Jam in 1974.
    Bands were:
    -Rare Earth
    -Earth, Wind & Fire
    -Eagles
    -Seals & Crofts
    -Black Oak Arkansas
    -Black Sabbath
    -Deep Purple
    -Emerson, Lake & Palmer

It was crazy. Was in the Marine Corps. Went with a couple buddies. People were abandoning their cars on the freeway because of the congestion. Somehow, we managed to get our car in the lot. It was an all day concert. We spent the night before and the night of the concert in the parking lot. Came back after wandering around a bit and one of the guys traded our Blankets for Acid. Had a nice trip, but might've froze if the gal in front of me hadn't of found room for me in her sleeping bag. From what I can still remember, I had a great time.
  • JCubbins
    JCubbins Posts: 92
    Options
    1980? 1981? It is all so fuzzy! :) It was an outdoor concert with Journey, Quarterflash and Foreigner.

I'd never admit it in front of my friends, but... SOOOO JEALOUS! ; D

My first concert was last year (I'm 16 and I didn't care about music much until last year :P) - it was 30 Seconds to Mars in Warsaw, Poland. Went with my friend and dad (-.-') Loved it!
    And can't wait for 8th November - gonna see them again <3
  • chef970
    chef970 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Air Supply, with my first girlfriend in 1985, in tampa, florida
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    My first was a San Francisco Jazz Festival. I don't remember much, but there were some great, famous performers that I do not recall. My first real concert was Rush about 1980. It was pretty amazing.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    My first real concert (non state fair type of thing).....was Def Leppard...at the Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA in 1988. :glasses:
  • flickerandfade
    Options
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs in London, at Koko. It was in 2002, I was 14. Karen O was cool enough to make me get my *kitten* in gear to lose my concert virginity.
  • DawnyB1210
    Options
    Sting at Radio City Music Hall..It was a few days after Hurricane Gloria hit Long Island and the power still wasn't on in my neighborhood..must have been 1984. My parents didn't want me to go because concerts were dangerous, so I told them I was going to spend the night at a friend's house. Of course, I got busted and in huge trouble... but It was worth it!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Van Halen - 1984 - Cow Palace
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I do believe my first REAL concert was Kiss Reunion tour
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    oh geez...Monsters of Rock - Alpine Valley (Wisconsin). 1989?
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    My uncle took me to see REM in Manchester when I was about 13/14 I think, I didn't have a clue who they were and I loved every minute of it lol.
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    My first real *big* concert was Garth Brooks in 1997 or 1998 in Indiana. I went with my family and I was just a kid, so things didn't get too crazy. LOL! My dad had to leave during the opening act (Trisha Yearwood) to take my little sister to my aunt's house, because it was too loud of her.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    my boys just went to their first concert last night - casting crowns. they are 9 and 8.

my first concert was tiffany and new kids on the block at the sd state fair. i think i was 12, maybe 11.

good times.
  • ScotsLenny
    ScotsLenny Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thin Lizzy, 1981 Aberdeen, Scotland, Phil Lynott, Brian Downey, Scott Gorham and Snowy White, as far as I remember
  • pacmanjack
    pacmanjack Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    great answers, all.... any others?
  • laurielie
    laurielie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    1973~~~~~~~~~~~~SUMMER JAM AT WATKINS GLEN, UPSTATE NEW YORK, the allman brothers, the band, grateful dead, I was just 15 then, we were camping close by & my older sister & brother wanted to go & our mom said only if you take your sister ;-))
    IF SHE ONLY NEW WHAT WENT ON THERE!!! SMH........................haha.......WE WERE GOOD THOE! (I WAS ONLY 15) LOL>>
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it was Styxx. 1982/1983? An ampitheater in the St.Louis area. Kick butt. One of my alltime favorite groups.
  • bluevwgurl
    bluevwgurl Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    X Fest 2002 Pittsburgh
    Rob Zombie, Puddle of Mudd, Hoobastank, Static X, Adema, The Clarks, Tenacious D, and some others....but those are who i went to see. It was pretty awesome.

Got to meet and hang out with Familiar 48....too bad they never made it all that big. haha. story of my life.