What do you make of my date?

odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
So, my inordinately tall date and I go out for lunch. We meet and it's a tish awkward and first, but always is on a blind date. No biggy.

He immediately says something in regards to how he eats really healthy which launches into something about meat and slaughter houses and how he doesn't believe in killing animals. I... like my dead animals. I love a good steak. But alas, to each their own. I just find it an odd first topic as we look to order. He orders chicken and states he's not up for a greasy burger.... Ok.

From there, however, things got much smoother. Conversation flowing, good laughs, etc. Really, perfectly lovely date.

Then the check comes. He immediately grabs it, and I pull my wallet out of my purse. He shows me the bill ($21.89) and I throw in a $20. Awkwardly, he follows suit. The waitress takes it. He comments "I hope she doesn't think that's a $19 tip!" Then, when she does come back, he keeps the change after leaving $3 on the table.

Analyze....

Replies

• voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    He's a douche. And you didn't tell me he didn't like the whole killing animals thing. GOOD LORD. Have your way with him and move on.
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Haha what a cheap guy! If he's not going to pay for the first date and talks about slaughter houses... he must be a bundle of fun on the second date :P

You deserve better!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    No second date, he's a complete idiot. In this day and age women shouldn't expect a man to pay on a first date, especially if you don't know there will be a second, but going Dutch is the way to go. And chicken isn't an animal now?

In fact I think I may have dated him in the past :tongue:
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Really, he kept the change?
    I'm sorry but that's just not right!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    umm, to eat chicken, you must first KILL the chicken. Usually...
  • I agree.....

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!! ;-)
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Say "sayonara" and move on. Anyone who's first topic of conversation is killing animals and is a cheap-skate needs to go. I can't believe he took all of the change. I would have asked the waitress to split the check if it was a first date.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    He should have at least split the bill with you. That was NOT classy at all, move on or else that's how your relationship would be all taking no giving.
  • MrsPike07
    MrsPike07 Posts: 160
    Wow....yeah I agree with the whole "have your way with him and move on" Who does that??? No decent man would even allow you to see the bill, in my opinion anyway. Yikes. Run!!!! :laugh:
  • Not much of a gentleman really, you'd be better off not seeing him again... self-centered pillock.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    umm, to eat chicken, you must first KILL the chicken. Usually...

Sometimes... you just gotta choke it.
  • ShinyFraga
    ShinyFraga Posts: 132 Member
    he doesn't believe in killing animals, then orders chicken... um, maybe he needs a refresher course on the definition of animals? and keeping all the change? LAME! not a very good first impression if you ask me. I'd move on.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    so you paid 20 and he paid 5?
    What a douche.
    Not saying a man HAS to pay but at LEAST give you a ten back or something so it's close to even....
  • If he's not willing to pay for the meal then he's not a keeper, IMO. And especially if the meal was that cheap.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    uhhhh... unless you see some potential there.... I'd just keep your little caboose moving sister!
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Uh yeah any guy who doesn't offer to pay for the entire first date isn't worth going out again. That is my rule. I will almost always offer to pay part but if he says yes or if he doesn't pay at all (makes me go through the awkward, whos gonna pick up the bill first thing) then I am not wasting my time again. The fact that you put in money and...he actually basically let you pay for much of the date. Selfish. Dont bother.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    He doesn't like killing animals but ordered the chicken? Does he know that chickens don't grow on trees? Uh, and as far as the money thing goes... R.U.D.E! :noway:
  • joanieizme
    joanieizme Posts: 38 Member
    Run!!!!!!! LOL
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    he seem a lil douchey:huh:
  • Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    if its a "date" NEVER pay for your own meal...ALLOW him to be a MAN! He didn't do anything wrong. You put in the money so he assumed you were paying. Don't offer what your not willing to really accept.