What do you make of my date?

Options

Replies

• fitwatch
    fitwatch Posts: 61
    Options
    $40 in the pot for $25 bill, so there should be about $15 left. Maybe give you the change for a cab ride home? Oh what the heck, just take half the change....$7 and call it even. Best to just cover the sharing rules in advance - initiate the discussion in advance of the meal. "Let's agree to split the bill and use this meal to get to know one another." Good communications, no expectations.

Write off the change and try someone else.
  • danssmith
    Options
    He shouldn't have shown you the bill, he should have just paid it. That's the rule. Its $20 not $200 so he should have just said I'll get and you can buy next time or something similar. But if he was someone who had set your world on fire you wouldn't even ask in here. Bin him and find someone worthy of you.
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely say "next" to this weirdo, lol.
  • THCamel
    THCamel Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    :laugh: He's a keeper, with today's economy u need someone frugal :smile:
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Please never speak to him again. LOL
  • hlavers
    hlavers Posts: 32
    Options
    Looser!

Move on.

A gentleman will always offer to pay on a first date (you may insist on splitting after if you so choose) and you totally deserve a gentleman. Take it from someone who dated loosers her whole life until meeting my fiance 3 years ago. I was so used to being treated wrong that I was suspicious of how respectful and kind he was...lol.
  • Murphk323
    Murphk323 Posts: 184
    Options
    girl, no!
    ON TO THE NEXT ONE.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I've had dentist appointments more fun than that.... uh, no. He shouldn't be that negative/cheap/combative on a first date.
  • klamont9
    klamont9 Posts: 59
    Options
    Wow, what a loser.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    if its a "date" NEVER pay for your own meal...ALLOW him to be a MAN! He didn't do anything wrong. You put in the money so he assumed you were paying. Don't offer what your not willing to really accept.

:huh:
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    umm, to eat chicken, you must first KILL the chicken. Usually...

Apparently he doesn't know how chickens are raised. I like beef and chicken, but we're actually kinder to the cow.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid, had it been me, I'd have questioned him on the spot about his ordering chicken, especially if he'd just done the slaughterhouse routine.

As for the bill? I think the responses here cover it. It's just not likely to get any better.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I don't think he should be expected to pay just because he's a dude, but, um, he definitely shouldn't have kept your change. I mean, $8 isn't a ton of money, thank goodness, but that's super lame of him.

Also, I think there's a rule about not talking about slaughter houses at the dinner table. Also one about not talking about them as though it's an egregious error on your behalf for wanting meat and ... then ordering meat ...

What a doofus.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Agh, double-post blues ...
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to see 6'9" naked... but I don't know if I can afford it... :drinker:
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    No second date. Why did you end up having to buy the entire lunch practically? I automatically would always always pay.

His only excuse could be that he was nervous and flubbed grabbing up the change, not even thinking about the fact that at least half was yours (if you were in fact splitting the bill).
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    He's a ****head.
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I tend to agree w/everyone else - it was a lovely date, but a couple things stood out for you and for the rest of us. If these things bother you (griping about eating meat then ordering chicken and keeping the change), and they WOULD bother me for sure, then don't have a second date. From what you're saying, he was a bit of a dork.
  • MissMichellemybelle
    MissMichellemybelle Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Maybe give him one more shot, but only if he asks you out again.

The animal thing is well, weird. Why would you be so quick to state your opinions which clearly could alienate someone else.

Regardless of the weird meat eating thing (maybe he was just nervous), he should have paid. Good on you for offering to pay. Thats always a good thing, and shows someone that you are a strong capable independent woman. But really, it supposed to go like this...

Bill comes.
    Guy grabs it (doesn't show the girl!)
    Girl pulls out wallet, offers to pay.
    Guy says no, I've got it.
    Girl says thanks, puts wallet away.

Now, I know someone is going to get all pissed at me and say something about women's equality. I mean this only for the first few dates. Once a relationship is established, it absolutely should be 50/50.

The fact that he took the change says douche to me. But, my rule is that I'll always try something twice. If he asks you out again, go for it. But DON'T offer to pay. If it still is awkward, he's un-chivalrous, time to move on. But, first date jitters can account for a lot too...
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Don't say "Hi" don't take his calls and NEVER , NOT EVER go out with him again~
    As an old saying goes, " he who is stingy with his money is also stingy with his heart"
    Translation:
    He wont love anything because he's selfish!

Believe ME, It's true.. My BIL is still like this to this day. My poor sis :cry:

go out with 27Strange instead.. He's cute and seems like a gentleman :wink: