JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 , so glad your daughter had a better night. Hope your trip to the book store goes well.

@Bex953172 , sounds like you are having a good week! I haven't read back on the thread very far, but I think you have 3 little girls? And a dog? That is one busy household :) Well done for fitting in all that walking!

JFT Thursday 24th

Will log on mfp, and try to keep within calories even if there is cake. If there is left over cake I will not eat it. (I had a terrible bad habit of eating leftovers after friends had left. That has to stop now!)

Will do stretching exercises
    Will do back strengthening exercises
    Make this a housework day
    Refuse biscuits/cakes/sweets when visiting my parents. If I refuse one, the next is offered until she has gone through all possibilities of trying to feed me :)

Have a good day everyone!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Thinking of you...
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    gv8y08caw106.jpg
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,409 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    JFT Jan 24
    Before work:
    • up right after alarm >:)
    • weigh in B) / HIIT on bike >:) BF's to right after I get home from work/ breakfast :| cooked then taken to work and eaten there
    • weigh B) / pack B) / pre-log :s for the day
    • recycling to the curb B) / pull out of driveway by 7:45! :# close - gone by 7:47 ... because I brought breakfast to work and skipped HIIT

After work / evening:
    • First HIIT session of the day (BF'd from this morning)
    • Set up AND START an exergame tour themed to Valentine's Day (target completion date)
    • adjust supper and snack logging & choices based on calories burned (will be lots!)
    • Read while savouring my evening snack ... nearing the end of this mystery novel

2019 Big Picture MFP-type Targets:
    • I am shedding 2 more pounds to reach my healthy BMI zone by (Chinese) New Year (Feb 5)
    • I am working on closing that last inch across my back so that my wedding dress fits on my 31st anniversary (April 30)
    • I am releasing and lowering my Body Fat % by measurable amounts via daily 7-minute HIIT sessions on my stationary bike (at least 1 per day, sometimes 2) and my daily mini-trampoline jogging for LISS cardio - 45 minutes or more on average.
    • I am practicing and preparing to shift to Maintenance eating habits and calorie levels somewhere around 135 pounds by "eating more calories so that I can do more activity that I love" NOW - and getting past the potential mental roadblock of "HOW am I going to eat so many extra maintenance-level pre-exercise calories while keeping fats and sugars mostly in the GREEN!?!?"

2019 Big Picture Rest-of-Life Goals:
    • finishing Level 2 of my Toastmasters Pathways program before June 30
    • de-cluttering my study / sewing room
    • dealing with my mending pile
    • establishing an after work / evening routine that includes BOTH regular study for prequalifying for my French-Second-Language levels for work (current levels expiring in 2020) AND continues daily exercise to release and lower by Body Fat % levels while staying in Maintenance Zone

• namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Sorry about the cancer, that must really suck.
    Would you be able to ride a stationary bike?
    Because you'll be seated, and holding on, so basically hardly a risk of falling?

I have tried the bike but right now the cancer is in my hip so gets aggravated from the movement. I do have a 3 wheel bike I purchased last summer before I knew the cancer landed in my hip. Hopefully will be able to ride it when the snow goes. Thank you for caring. You are right. Cancer sucks!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday Jan 23rd Determined
    2L of water 😏 1.75
    Calories in Green -😊 19 left
    Walk 1 Mile - 😊
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 4/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 😏 2 but the second was an apple and I had the calories for it.
    5 something at bathroom break - 😊 mysign is helping me so much! I am hoping that by the time I am back at work that this will be a habit.
    Write in Journal - 😊
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 😊

JFT - Thursday Jan 24thDetermined
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

I had a long post all typed out and hit the wrong “done” button. I wish they would update their system some.

Anyhow I don’t have time to type it all again so I am off to craft and maybe do some cleaning.

Have a great day everyone!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,492 Member
    Options
    Recap 1/23 W ~ Not much more snow fell overnight, so no morning shoveling. Snow squall kicked up just before I left for work, came down really hard on my way, almost whiteout conditions... car tires hit rumble strips on center line more than once. Fortunately, other drivers were taking it slow. Still snowing hard. Hopefully it will stop in time for hubby to snowblow before he goes to work, then I won't shovel after my work day.
    1) Meals & snacks (mostly) prelogged & have wiggle room for adjustments / net calories zero / 14c water = Meal plan completely changed due to snowstorm unexpectedly extended & stayed at work for lunch. Good thing I still had one freezer meal at work. Then late supper (see #3) so ate leftovers instead of making soup. Then had cocoa & snacks in evening. Calorie burn for shoveling per Fitbit & MFP not even close to each other, I know it's all guesstimates anyway. Net calories -142 :neutral: , sodium green (yay), sugar -3 (win), fiber & protein low :( , 14c water (yay)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings = Fitbit 14,066 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 72 floors :smiley: extra stairs breaks at lunch since I was still at work + extra steps as I brushed 8" of snow off my car in parking lot :D
    3) Evening: shovel as needed :smiley: hubby snowblowed & after he left, plow ran, so I had to park in road ~ I shoveled the plowed-in end of double-wide driveway and 8' along road under mailbox, 1" on rest of driveway, front walk & steps, then 8" on patio (where we let dog out & have heated birdbath) :sweat_smile: / x-train? hahaha ~ Fitbit registered "sport" while I shoveled 1+ hour LOL / make veggie soup make Friday / finalize meal plans & grocery list :smiley: / prep clothes for workplace mindfulness hike :smiley: (maybe snowshoe finally?) on Th. / 2 items on to-do list = made lunch for Th. & called mom & dad :smiley: no more energy left :tired_face:
    4) UNPLUG 9:00 :smiley: / FLOSS REALLY :smiley: finally! / retainers :smiley: / set/verify alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 :neutral: 10:30 (no workout before work)

JFT 1/24 R
    1) Brought lunch/snacks to work / meals & snacks prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings
    3) Change & leave 11:50 for workplace snowshoe hike at lunchtime / enjoy that we finally have enough snow!
    4) Evening: grocery shop / remember to buy 2 VIP bday cards / Sam's Club (quick stop) / put clean dishes away / other to-do's?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify alarm (F designated rest day), bed & tv off 10:20
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

Hi everyone!! Just wanted to say I'm thinking about you all!
  • michiwano
    michiwano Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 , so glad your daughter had a better night. Hope your trip to the book store goes well.

@Bex953172 , sounds like you are having a good week! I haven't read back on the thread very far, but I think you have 3 little girls? And a dog? That is one busy household :) Well done for fitting in all that walking!

JFT Thursday 24th

Will log on mfp, and try to keep within calories even if there is cake. If there is left over cake I will not eat it. (I had a terrible bad habit of eating leftovers after friends had left. That has to stop now!)

Will do stretching exercises
    Will do back strengthening exercises
    Make this a housework day
    Refuse biscuits/cakes/sweets when visiting my parents. If I refuse one, the next is offered until she has gone through all possibilities of trying to feed me :)

Have a good day everyone!

Regarding cake, whenever I had a party I’d make sure to cut the cake up in HUGE pieces and give guests to take home as they left. That way the leftovers are gone with the guests.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    Im having a bisucit crisis! So coming on here to post so i stay away from them!!!

Im so so so so tired today.
    I walked to school again, then we drove into town, argued and i stormed back home (LOL i walk so fast when im angry) ligrrally the moment i stepped foot in the house my phone rang, and he apologized and asked me to come back iut so i could have my contact lense appt.
    So then i had to walk back into town! Then we did the food shop.

Then becauxe it had been a pretty stressful morning my partner took us to the forest, theres a 2km walk which is basically just around the reservoir. And it easy with the pram.
    Guess which little madam didnt want to walk, or stand on the back of the pram. Marley. And j had to carry her lazy butt on my shoulders! The only reason i didnt lose my temper was thinking of the calories it was burning.

But im shattered, thznkfully Ash picked up saskia from school today.

@littleblackskirt yep i got 3 girls, Saskia (5),Marley (2.5) and Casey (11months) and a 2 year old whippet called Biggie. Why we chose an energetic dog ill never know!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 964 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @michiwano excellent suggestion re cake, thank you. I used to give unwanted cakes and biscuits to my adult son who lives locally (other one lives too far away) but now he also wants to lose a bit of weight and I feel it would be really unfair of me to pass stuff on. I know how hard it can be to resist.

@Bex953172, wow, you certainly have your hands full, but how lovely to have 3 girls. I would have liked a girl but got 2 lovely boys instead :) I'm torn between saying Stay Away From The Biscuits, or You've walked so far today you could afford a biscuit. Hmmm....

JFT Thursday 24th

Will log on mfp, and try to keep within calories even if there is cake. If there is left over cake I will not eat it. (I had a terrible bad habit of eating leftovers after friends had left. That has to stop now!) Just within calories if I stop now. Cake turned out to be wrapped and calorie labelled, so was only 97 calories. 3 left, in fridge being ignored

Will do stretching exercises DONE
    Will do back strengthening exercises DONE
    Make this a housework day NOT MUCH DONE
    Refuse biscuits/cakes/sweets when visiting my parents. If I refuse one, the next is offered until she has gone through all possibilities of trying to feed me :)SUCCESS, SHE GAVE UP QUITE QUICKLY :)
    My parents are in their late 80s and I think regular visits are more important than housework. I use that as an excuse quite often lol

• pam46815
    pam46815 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This is the best! You go! Great job!
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    sky257uoz7cp.jpg

hahahah This was me today for sure!

And Marley is precious!! That made me giggle.

• Bex953172
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Hi friends, thanks for the shout outs, it brought me back in when I otherwise would've carried on...because life is a little heavy right now. Need a quick vent, and then I'm going to focus on solutions.

DH is collecting unemployment, that got approved so yay! Hes going to some work hauling field stone (in an excavator, not by hand haha) to make up the difference, another yay! But then, my place that I'm still workong at (step dads company) isnt doing so hot so there were layoffs and mandatory hour reduction. Im on 20 hours a week currently, but I'm up next for a full layoff and things dont look so great for the future. So step dad ends up in the hospital thinking hes having a heart attack, turns out to be a panic attack, were all happy hes okay. But its just so rough watching 40 years of his life work start going down, for him and for us as family and employees. the economy just isnt carrying it anymore, we build custom cabling machinery. So ive been tenaciously job hunting, and have 2 definite interviews scheduled, one offered but doesnt meet my needs, and my old job has said they want me to come back, but I have no official offer from there yet. Meanwhile, my aunt found out she has a brain tumor, so I spent some time with her yesterday. She's so positive despite it, and reminds me to be grateful for today. I'm grateful for all you! I've admittedly not stepped on the scale, havent really been eating the healthiest, so some simple goals will help me a lot. I kept thinking about @Bex953172 saying we cant let fear paralyze us thru all this, so thank you for your wise words they have brought me a lot of peace thru this whole ordeal.

Today
    1. Drink 6 waters
    2. Log food
    3. Be kind
    4. Apply to a few more jobs
    5. Take a rest too
    6. Move laundry
    7. Change sheets

SO glad youre back! You were missed!
    Sorry to hear that everyones having a hard time where you are!
    But it was nice to hear that uou remembered something i said! Although if im honedt ill have yo go back and check exactly what it was LOL! I forget my own darn advice!
  • pam46815
    pam46815 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Only drank two bottles of water yesterday. Did not do a load of laundry. Too tired to do anything other than tuck girls in after work and Wednesday night church...I DID track everything I ate including the Wendy's I had for dinner. Not doing great today as I ate an entire meatball footlong sub mindlessly. Which of course has blown my calories for the day! Trying not to wallow and move on and try to do better! Have Zumba at the Y tonight so I'll burn some of it off! Will set goals for tomorrow now.
    Just for tomorrow... :)
    1. Drink at least four bottles of water
    2. Log everything in myfitness pal and stay within calorie goal
    3. Actually do a load of laundry
    4. Do something creative! Write, draw, paint
  • Bex953172
    Options
    pam46815 wrote: »
    Only drank two bottles of water yesterday. Did not do a load of laundry. Too tired to do anything other than tuck girls in after work and Wednesday night church...I DID track everything I ate including the Wendy's I had for dinner. Not doing great today as I ate an entire meatball footlong sub mindlessly. Which of course has blown my calories for the day! Trying not to wallow and move on and try to do better! Have Zumba at the Y tonight so I'll burn some of it off! Will set goals for tomorrow now.
    Just for tomorrow... :)
    1. Drink at least four bottles of water
    2. Log everything in myfitness pal and stay within calorie goal
    3. Actually do a load of laundry
    4. Do something creative! Write, draw, paint

Dont think how youve blown it for thd day, think how uou can rectify it as best you can! (For exampld zumba!) Its best to be 100 cals over than 500 over
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    @Faebert @mytime6630

I'm ok!

I've had access issues... currently have a broken phone as I dropped my phone in the toilet :# It died last Saturday...

Has made it rather difficult to post as my normal time for doing that is on my commute in the morning, on which I now have no phone! I've been trying to keep up with what's going on in the evenings though - so I've been lurking :) (@mytime6630 I'm very pleased that everything turned out ok with your daughter when you couldn't get hold of her, and that she seems to be settling in ok with you now. Hopefully the increased meds will lead to an improvement!)

It's been a rather interesting experience not having a phone. I have:
    - Found it a pain logging my food on the desktop not phone (too used to the mobile app, which I think is better for logging!)
    - Had to navigate my 30 minute walk to my French class from memory (I did not get lost, thankfully)
    - Run to work WITHOUT ANY MUSIC! (I thought I needed music to bear running, apparently not - although I did found the sound of my heavy breathing quite disconcerting)
    - Not been distracted by texts/ messages ALL week. It is entirely possible that several of my friends are worried about me (although, I did tell one of them that I'm alive and minus phone, she's possibly passed it on to others)
    - Read BOOKS and had conversations with my boyfriend without looking at my phone

It's been quite a liberating experience! I'll be getting a new phone tomorrow though :)
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thursday 24 January

Treated today as a holiday, in the red and no excercise but I did exceed Fitbit goal for sleeping! :)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Take shoes.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Enter grades.
    3. Class 1-2: Touch on WLGs. Grammar practice: Check pronoun work. Conferences. (Tomorrow also.)
    4. Planning: A - Duo. Update unit 2 plans and print. B - Call parents. Call dr and set up appt. C - Grade while at lunch duty. D - Two discussion comments. Check on Week 3 project. Blog post. Visit B (find out about record player).
    5. Class 4: Touch on WLGs. Greek gods. Closer - review grammar. HW: Interesting Gods, prepositional phrases.
    6. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Strength 4:30. Draft Week 3 project. Laundry?
    8. Quiz. Update Goodreads Friday. Write out References for reflection essay.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Thu lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Friday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Coke! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM. Warm up car and take gum.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Can we meet in the computer lab Monday? Call CVS to order refill. Update Goodreads.
    3. Class 1-2: Update WLGs. Intro to Caesar; summaries.
    4. Planning: A - Duo. Therapy exercises. Draft unit 2 plans and print. Help from PF with marking grammar. B - Grade reflections while at duty. C - Enter grades. Draft essay. File extra papers. D - Write blog post. Organize unit plan for project. Call dr to set up test. Check 2/7 appointment times.
    5. Class 4: Mythology. Grammar: Pronouns. Read stories; conference about Socratic discussion. Closer: Grammar review. HW: Superpower; pronouns (save for Monday).
    6. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Run after school? Put the rest of the laundry away.
    8. Check recipes; make grocery list.
    9. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    Today: 189.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    3. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Take recycling to center. Wash car.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, Harvey Mansfield, or Robert Adams). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.

Yesterday was REALLY hard. I had conferences that I'd planned to spend 5 minutes per student on and they ended up being more like 15-20 minutes just because there was that much to discuss. I didn't get even halfway through my SMALL class. So that meant I was going to have to rework my lesson plans for the next several days and possibly throw everything out for the next week and start over. I was so tired that I went home instead of to the Y and I didn't do my strength class. And I didn't even do any work on my lessons because I was so mad!

... well ...

And ALSO because around 6:00 they called school off for today ;D

So this morning I went to the Y and did a strength class, so I kind of made up for the one I missed. And I've been brainstorming what I want to do with my students, how I can work in conferences while they're working on the NEXT unit. Now I'm back at the Y for Thursday Zumba - I got here a little early because I dropped my husband off for a matinee of Aquaman (which he wants to see and I don't) and I walked on the treadmill a bit and did some more brainstorming. I know what I want to try with my classes! Now it's just a matter of getting it typed up.