:)
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    Options
    Karen - I see it does not contain barley, sorry, my mistake. They just are more careful with the oats in the gluten free version. The sheep's pluck, if it exists, would be the casing that the mince mixture is stuffed in to. You don't eat the casing, just scoop out the mince. It tastes like a peppery , slightly textured mince. They must use different textures of oats. Not slimming though. You can use it as stuffing for all kinds of things, including samosas!
    I would eat it more often, despite the calories, but it's more fun to save it for Burn's Night. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,203 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    ☘️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,930 Member
    Options
    Karen - I see it does not contain barley, sorry, my mistake. They just are more careful with the oats in the gluten free version. The sheep's pluck, if it exists, would be the casing that the mince mixture is stuffed in to. You don't eat the casing, just scoop out the mince. It tastes like a peppery , slightly textured mince. They must use different textures of oats. Not slimming though. You can use it as stuffing for all kinds of things, including samosas!
    I would eat it more often, despite the calories, but it's more fun to save it for Burn's Night. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

My husband doesn't mind haggis, and so when we were in Scotland, and he ordered some, I tried it.

It wasn't as bad as I imagined. Yes, much like peppery, slightly textured mince.

Still I probably wouldn't go out of my way for it.

M in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Ok so this is my last post concerning haggis. It apparently is no longer made of minced sheep lung, liver, and heart (the sheep 'pluck') mixed with oats and spices and stuffed into a sheep stomach casing. Yuck.

Lisa
    So glad you are no longer worried about sharting. :D:D:D

Kelly So glad for you to be able to enjoy a rare opportunity to get into bed early. <3

Karen in rainy Virginia
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I was up with the birds even though I didn't sleep well.. went over to Lowes Home Improvement and picked up the new toilet.then since I had time I went to Walmart and picked up a few clothes on clearance..that are 2 sizes down,know I will be there by spring..and they are cute..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
    Ooooo
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
    ymy7zn3m6vxs.jpeg
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,060 Member
    Options
    Beth feel your pain. We have an issue with a gutter that if the down spout comes loose we get water in out basement. I finally put waterproof tape to keep it secure and still watch if it if we get torrential rains. Like your things are either high or in plastic bins. Still it is a pain. (((Hugs))). We also have dehumidifier for the summer. In the winter the furnace takes care of it.
    We are about to have a number of days in arctic temps.

Still feeling tried and now some cold symptoms.

Just still taking it easy.

:heart: Margaret