• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • PurpleSparkles85
    PurpleSparkles85 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    How’s everyone this evening?

Kylie—the snow keeps missing us, so I’m missing the snow—those hard little ice pellets just don’t cut it! I’m rather tired of the rain every day the last few days.

Unfortunately, since nobody knows how to drive in the rain around here, we were were without internet, TV or phone half of the day because somebody couldn’t negotiate the tight curve and took out a utility pole in the area just beyond our subdivision. We have everything underground but on the very edge of our area it is above ground. That is the one disadvantage of going to school online: when your system is down, you’re out of luck. There were some hopping mad guys around the area, missing the NFL playoff games. I was just hoping it would all come back online pretty quick as I had a test due today.

Michele in NC—sometimes the glasses get buildup from the dishwasher, especially if they’re older. Try cleaning them in CLR or salt water.

Lanette—I’m with you on British TV. Think I’m going to look into Britbox on my Amazon Prime.

Have a lovely day tomorrow.

Kathy in KY
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, :) getting ready to go for my coffee morning so will check in later - already 4 pages behind, how does that happen? :/
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Karen in VA and Beth
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Carol I think the restaurant in hove is "etch." - little 'e' with a period after the 'h' - the ones in Sedona and Nashville are "Etch" - capitalized and no "." after the 'h'.
    etch. vs Etch
    I just re-read that. You might think I've had a stroke, but I haven't.
    . . .
    This made me snort!
    I didn't get this, :huh: could you help me understand?
    Beth, "misfit" organic CSA, what a brilliant idea!
    Machka
    looks like you've walked/run nearly as far as you've biked? WOW!
    Heather surely chasing the grands counts as exercise?
    KJ tiny tots trot 15 miles a week? You are an inspiration! Loved the Martin the Martian image. :laugh:
    Lisa " I didn't WANT people to look at me, so I didn't look at them." great insights both yours and Corey's.
    Katla hooray for your DH's accomplishment... and for pristine dishes ;)
    Tracey "eat at mom's" :laugh: great meal plan! "Dieting for one week" meme. Laughing out loud enough to wake Joe!
    Sharon thank you for sharing your story.
    Kylia "something to do besides stick to your glassware" :laugh: Wow that is a B I G front yard!
    Kay "would I clean poop off this in order to keep it" :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: You just may have found the key question to help me let some things go...

Still struggling to get back to SWSY, but "positive procrastination" got me to reconcile IRA statements and file them away within days of receipt. A first!
    Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    walk one more step 13/31, 60 g protein 12/31, rx/vits 12/31, meditate 13/31, knee exercises 13/31, SWSY UP 3/9, SWSY LOW 3/9, core 3/9, play with Tumble 5/31, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 9/31.
    01/13=LT: SWSY-N MT: reconcile Thrivent + MEFCU annual statements [gulp]-Y ST: CFRFPD calls-Y
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,118 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I have a rare 'free' morning so keeping up with posts. Planning to blitz my hobbies room, and organising my wool stash, after I do my workout session.

Kathy in KY: We don't get much snow in Northern Ireland, but are all experts at driving in the rain! That's why we are called the Emerald Isle, with 40 Shades of Green. I hope your internet settles, and allows you to submit your test on time.

☘️ Irish Terri
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~~
    I am up and had lemon water and tea, off to the showers, I didn't sleep well .. I work 10-5 today and then am invited to a friends house here in the condo complex, Pot roast will have to look up carbs, and will bring the rest of my salad that I had with Trudy the other night for lunch..
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka[/b] looks like you've walked/run nearly as far as you've biked? WOW!

Yeah, I've been focusing on that half marathon and have hardly done any riding yet this year. I'll be switching over to cycling for a while ... while I recover from the half marathon. :)

M in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Done my exercising, done my writing! Phew! I really get to not like myself very much if I don't do those two things almost daily.

This afternoon we are walking half an hour to pick up the grandchildren from school and then walk to their house. So we will get in an hour on top with the walk back to the bus. :D
    Actually I've just had a call from the nanny to say that Edie is at home with a temperature (she's fine) so it's just Max to pick up. Much easier for her than having to drag the other two out.
    Don’t know what we are doing for dinner, but if none is forthcoming we can try out a Persian restaurant near the bus stop. Looks good on the website. Average prices. :)

Slept better. Washed my hair. Yeah! The sun is shining. B):D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Drkatiebug ... your decluttering question is a hoot! :D

Kim from N.California... your frugality is inspirational to this spoiled whiner.

Two weeks into the 19:5 fasting. I've lost 5 to 5-1/2 pounds (scale was bouncing this morning). It is very doable. I see that I will still need to avoid foods that cause me inflammation and make certain that what I do eat is balanced, filling and follows CICO to some degree. The point then of limiting my eating to a 5 hour window is to allow the body's natural fat burning mechanisms to perform and to aide me in controlling my appetite. The experts recommended a 3 week trial, so I will continue until the end of the month and then reassess.

Beth near Buffalo
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    another long busy work week to look forward to (?), I'm a bit ambivalent about work this time of year :(

Beth sounds like the IF is working, but reassessing int he 3 week trial is a good idea. Nice to get a jumpstart yes?

All signs of the holiday are put away and is time to ramp up my decluttering, mostly the closets but there are work demands keeping me from it right now.

Hitting the gym afterwork will hopefully lift my mood :s:s

NYKAREN
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Kim - I think mattress toppers are the best invention ever! Our king sized bed has 2 stacked on top each other and the fitted sheets (mega deep pockets) still aren't deep enough but grab well enough. Just about need a ladder to get up onto it tho, lol.

Beth - 5+ pounds is great! Good job keeping on your plan! Laughed that you already are into "massaging your kale". ;)

Machka - your running is off to a great start! And how wonderful that your DH is stunning the docs with his remarkable biking.

Kelly - great idea getting those kids walking - bet it makes for some good napping for them. Any upcoming visits from Joaquin in the plans? I can see him joining the group.

I planned to head to town early this morning and stock up on some groceries, run errands. But it's 26 out and icy fog. I didn't sleep very well and shoulder achey so I can postpone until tomorrow morning.

I'm scheduled to attend kind of an impromptu Area Agency on Aging luncheon tomorrow to discuss funding for our county senior centers. The gal who arranged it keeps sending emails "plan to stay a bit later for a big surprise" and this morning I get another email from her "wear casual clothes as you might get dirty" ??? And she's so excited about the surprise.

I'm curious what she has planned but don't like surprises unless it involves Publisher's Clearing House. I turned down the chance to carpool to the luncheon site so will have my own wheels and can find an excuse to jet out if the surprise isn't George Clooney, lol. Plus I had plans to zoom home before this surprise was added to the agenda - making DH cabbage rolls which takes some preparation.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Quick post today. Official wi this morning, down 1.6 lbs, very happy with that!
    Katla, my new dishwashes takes just over 2 hours to run on the "auto" cycle. It apparently senses how dirty your dishes are and programs itself accordingly. We don't rinse our dishes before they go in there maybe it would make a difference if we did but.... And they do come out sparkling clean! Too bad about your riding lesson, hope your sore muscles don't stay that way for long.
    Pip, awwww, Floyd is a sweetie...
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island