WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Options

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Tracey ~ You might check out eBay for vintage lace for your invitations. Sometimes you can get wonderful bargains there. I got my GD a set of American Girls clothes for Christmas at a great price. I also got her Christmas dresses there.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Carol The 8th grade math curriculum is a good review for me. Also, I have learned some grammar rules that I did not previously know. My English-teacher mother would be so proud of me! I now know why it is correct to say "It was Carol and I" rather than "It was Carol and me" (which I have had wrong all of my life). That is just one example of the lifelong learning this opportunity has afforded me.

Beth Yep, I do get that, but Little Meltdown Man's Mom not only did Kelly a disservice, she did her sons a disservice by not being forthcoming. I feel certain she is at her wits end and feels desperate. I have great empathy for her.

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    1sbi1t18qi8u.jpeg
  • 1948Peachy
    Options
    Rori ~ Happy Birthday to you and Happy Anniversary!
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Karen in Virginia, adjusting your wings and cleaning off a feather....what IS this coffee??💟💟. You really are a special lady, to take on what ya do.👍
    👍🙏🙏😋😋😁😁👌👌

💗Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Yvonne in TX: Thank you for the message about Religious Rreedom! Day! :heart:

Heather: I hope you love your new dance class. :star:

Kelly: Love your poem! :flowerforyou:

Machka: I love your fantasy of having homes all over the world in places where you’d like to spend time. :bigsmile: the soes look perfect for you. Buying more than one pair seems like a really great idea. :star:

Barbie: Congratulations to you and Jake on the good news from his doctor!!! Happy Anniversary! :bigsmile:

(((Rori))): Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary! :heart: I am so sorry that your car was rear-ended. I hope the repair is of excellent quality. Sorrier still about your DH’s dementia. :cry:

Michelle: Good luck on your car shopping. :flowerforyou:

Terri: I am in full agreement with your biggest wish. “What's my biggest wish in life? That the fatheads in this world will see sense and finally start running things for the good of all people, instead of for their own aggrandisement. (Not holding my breathe for that one!)” :

Kylia: Good news for your daughter and granddaughter! :heart:

Lisa in AR: I am so happy for your new situation with the AR Girl Scouts!. :bigsmile:

(((Kelly))): You are entitled to vent whenever you need to let off steam. No apologies are needed. :heart:

Lanette: I hope your pain and torture session leads to you feeling better beyond the simple “glad it is over for today.” :flowerforyou:

Karen: Congrats on a successful math session for your grandson. You are amazing! :star:

I am planning to go to yoga this morning. I like this teacher, but her lessons can be just a hair outside my comfort zone. I won’t be able to go to class tomorrow because DH has an eye doctor appointment & will need me to be his chauffer for the ride home.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • stltrimom1015
    stltrimom1015 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Good morning/afternoon/evening!

I think I’m finally caught up! Good news is I lost 1# of the 3 that I gained over the holidays. It’s a small step but it’s in the right direction at least. Bad news is my plan for being more organized this year has so far failed pretty miserably. I think it’s because I tried to do everything at once, so I’m going to just pick one area to work on right now – making a weekly meal plan – and then add in other things as the year goes along.

We got about 12” of snow last weekend. It’s starting to melt a little bit although everything is still white for the most part. And now it looks like we’ll be getting another 4” or so this weekend, on Saturday when I’m supposed to be running a 5k. I don’t mind running in the cold, or even in the snow, it’s the driving to the race and back home again that worries me. It’ll be a Saturday morning decision on whether or not I go.

Crafting – I used to crochet, do cross-stitch and make quilts among other things. I put it all away when I decided about 10 years ago that I needed to be more active. So those things were replaced with swimming, biking, and running. Recently I decided I wanted to start doing some of those crafty things again. The problem has been finding time to work that in along with keeping up the exercise/work/home life/etc. One of the reasons I’m looking forward to retiring (even though I’m still about 8 years away), I’ll have more time to fit everything in.

Tiny thing – would have to be my wedding ring. I have a wonderful DH (I got lucky and got one of the good ones) even if he does get on my nerves at times. I don’t appreciate him enough though.
    Tough day – music always seems to soothe me the best.
    Celebrate – my retirement (only about 8 years to go if everything works out right).
    Biggest wish – right now it’s that my 24yo DD figures out what she wants from life and is able to make it happen. She’s just kind of drifting at the moment and I worry about her future.

Karen – I wish those things had been taught to my kids in school. They had a personal finance class in HS but it was very basic and both have had money issues, although DS seems to be “getting it” more now that he’s on his own. I’ve tried teaching them but unfortunately they both got their dad’s math sense, which is to say none at all. Always the worst subject for either one of them in school.

Work luncheon today - hopefully they'll have something decent to eat. They usually have salad at least and some kind of chicken. I'll just have to watch the deserts :) .

Janet in eastern MO, waiting for the next snowstorm
  • pipcd34
    Options
    ((((((
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Barbie--great news for Jake and you.

Rori--Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday. Sending lots of hugs!!!

Machka--Good for you buying shoes. Sounds like a good exchange to me.

KJ--I do not know how you do it, but these children are Blessed to have you in their lives. Thank you for being such a caring person.

My tiny object is my wedding ring. When we got married 34 years ago no one figured we would make a year with DH's history. We have had our ups and downs but have made a good life.

Sounds like we are in for a winter storm the next couple days. I am trying to take a couple days off starting Sunday. Will depend on the weather and who can get to work. I really need some down time.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Rori!

KJ - I don’t know how you do it. You are amazing!! There is no shame if you have to walk away from this boy if he disrupts your other kids and home life.

Okie
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Lisa so glad the new assignment is working out.

Rori Happy Birthday & Anniversary, you deserve every happiness.

Kelly You may just be just what that little boy needs, good luck!

I'm off to a root canal procedure, lucky me. I will probably skip dinner, giving me a longer fast today, so that's a silver lining! Lately the unexpected seems to be knocking me back on my heels, I will prevail, I won't give up, but would like a little more steady the ship, smooth sailing, SOON!

NYKAREN
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Felicia: I’m sorry to hear about your DH’s health issue. Blood clots are worrisome.
    I hope it can be resolved with medication and doesn’t require anything more than that. Keeping my fingers crossed for good news.

• pipcd34
    Options
    ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Felicia: I’m sorry to hear about your DH’s health issue. Blood clots are worrisome.
    I hope it can be resolved with medication and doesn’t require anything more than that. Keeping my fingers crossed for good news.

Thanks, Katla. It looks like it was all for nothing. Still funny that his d-dimer test came back positive. But since the CT scan is clear of clots, they don't seem concerned.

That annoys me about the medical field -- they frighten you, test you, and then release you with a, "why are you so worried?" attitude.

Felicia, feeling relieved and embarrassed for DH.
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • 1948Peachy
    Options
    Instant Pot Question: I have the small Instant Pot and the liner is stainless steel. I am finding that even if I spray it with cooking spray before using, that it is sometimes difficult to clean. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Carol in GA