What was the last meal you cooked?

Options

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Made Chinese meatballs with teriyaki stir fried veggies and low carb noodles the other night.

7tofrvgkkjvz.jpg
  • an0393na
    an0393na Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Roast dinner with beef cooked over charcoal
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Thai turkey meatballs in red coconut curry with tofu noodles and veggies.

Red coconut curry - Delish! !
  • 777Gemma888
    edited January 2019
    Options
    We roasted up annatto orange butter whole chicken, roasted baby potatoes and roasted veggies tossed in a roasted garlic butter mustard dressing.

cl52fqn36ngu.jpg
    3icky9f5bp6c.jpg
    q75eqfrn4qgt.jpg
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I made an adaptation of this fish Florentine from the Skinnytaste website last night

https://www.skinnytaste.com/fish-florentine/

I used cod loins, I substituted grape tomatoes for the red pepper and I used a little more half and half to thin the sauce out. It was really yummy. It reminded me of a dish I had at Bonefish Grill that was one of their specials and I really liked it.
  • NSthingoldline
    NSthingoldline Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I meal prep the day before I go back to work for 4 back to back 12 hr shifts.
    Yesterday, I made slow cooker chicken tikka masala (served on basmati) and spicy thai chicken coconut soup.
    Sorry, no photos but SOOOO delicious!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,623 Member
    Options
    First attempt at making Bahn Trang Nuong at home on a griddle pan on a gas burner not an unqualified success. Rice paper not really crispy and egg layer too thick. Needs practice. Surprised because the street vendors in Hoi An made this look so easy. Maybe this really needs to be done over a charcoal grill.
  • acpgee
    Options
    First home cooked dinner after two week vacation in Vietnam. Craving Italian for a change. First course of linguine con bottarga had at 18:30. I imagine we will get hungry again later, so have ingredients for air fryer pollo milanese with some cubed tomatoes dressed in balsamic.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Chicken paprikash for Saturday night family meal. First attempt at a stovetop version (previously have done slow-cooker). Came out very flavorful, but soupier than I expected - next time I'll believe the recipe proportions, LOL. In the meantime, maybe I'll count this as another "soup season" entree, LOL.

1. Served. With egg noodles and green beans.
    2. Cooked. Will serve leftovers tomorrow night with rice - that will sop up the sauce pretty well.

4qvqxxyitqkl.jpg

29cmwhvqlkqn.jpg

• Steelkid
    Steelkid Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken, steak, ribs, and peas.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Linguine con bottarga.ti7luy5meke9.jpeg
  • roachrypt
    roachrypt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Geez, I can't remember the last time I actually cooked something. I live alone and travel a lot so I'm real bad about eating already prepared meals. I think the actual last thing I actually took the time to cook was some veggies and Alfredo chicken.
  • acpgee
    Options
    As a result of jetlag from returning from vacation yesterday morning I woke up very early this morning at 7:40 am. We normally sleep in until noon on Sundays. Made pancakes for breakfast, pickled some carrots, went to the gym. Spotted a 1.5 kg bag of pottoes bought pre vacation (thus at least two weeks old) and got over ambitious and spent the entire afternoon making a huge batch of gnocchi to freeze.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I'm cooking right now. Seabass with kale and jerusalem artichoke salad.
  • silverdawnhawk
    silverdawnhawk Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Partner is making butter chickpea tofu (grocery store didn't have paneer so we substituted) with rice and browned naan (garlic and sea salt) while I coach him from the bedroom.

I've caught the flu and can't stand up but I had cooked chickpeas earlier this week and set aside for this so it's getting made one way or the other (he's taken great leaps in his culinary skills today because I'm allergic to cumin so he had to learn to make garam masala, chili powder and curry powder from scratch without cumin, how to work with tofu and how to cook butter sauce). My apartment smells lovely despite the illness so he's doing pretty good!
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Made a homemade baked chicken parmesan with a side of penne tossed with leftover sauce and steamed garlic broccoli. c:
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    roachrypt wrote: »
    Geez, I can't remember the last time I actually cooked something. I live alone and travel a lot so I'm real bad about eating already prepared meals. I think the actual last thing I actually took the time to cook was some veggies and Alfredo chicken.

While I don't travel a lot, I do cook for one person. My suggestion is to scale down recipes a lot. There definitely are books and probably blogs that are aimed at cooking for one or two people, but it's easy enough of half a lot of recipes (some baked goods not included).
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I'd call it a meal, but I made macarons this evening. Just the shells - I have no real desire to make a filling this evening, but I'm eating one with lingonberry jam right now.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I heated up some brats and cabbage, topping the cabbage with butter, black pepper, and salt.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Tonight (Monday): a chilly evening calls out for some chile. This is a slowcooker recipe for "fiesta chicken" that I tinkered up a bit for stovetop prep, as I was a little pressed for time before dinner (including dicing/browning, total was about 1:30 rather than 3:00+ hrs in the slow cooker). Simple recipe: rough diced chicken breast, canned low-salt black beans and red kidney beans (rinsed/drained), a bag of frozen corn, a couple jars of chunky salsa, a dash of chicken stock, fresh diced onions and peppers, and additional flavorings: cumin, chile powder, granulated onion and garlic, black pepper, oregano and cilantro (all to taste; the salsa and cheese provided enough - or more - sodium than we needed). Moist enough to warrant a bowl, when drained suitable for a tortilla. Dicing the chicken is important, as the small pieces allow quick cooking.

1. Prepared (yes, that's the vessel of my large, old, jiggle-top slow cooker; there's enough for 2 nights' family dinner and a couple of take-to-work lunches).
    2. Served in the tortilla format (ready to fold).

gavz7nsuyshb.jpg

j27sboynzrct.jpg