Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• sweetnic
    sweetnic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My goal for February is to lower my carb intake and up the protein - i love that I got on here and see the talk about how we need to eat a diet high in protein. Besides nuts, what are your go to high protein/low carb snacks?
  • lk2011
    lk2011 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I’ve been trying to work on upping my protein as well. Some days are better than others but I have noticed a difference in my hunger.

I have protein shakes, bars, nuts and cheese sticks on me all the time. Doesn’t mean I eat them but they’re there 😂😂
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    sweetnic wrote: »
    My goal for February is to lower my carb intake and up the protein - i love that I got on here and see the talk about how we need to eat a diet high in protein. Besides nuts, what are your go to high protein/low carb snacks?
    I use a protein shake called Premier Protein, it has 160 calories & 30 grams of protein. I mix it in with my morning coffee(not the whole shake though) Chicken, jerky, eggs, cheese, yogurt, salmon, turkey, hummus, cottage cheese are all really great for protein too. They say 1% per pound of weight, but that's an awful lot of protein.....I wish you the best of luck!

• Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    2642ayku096f.png
    Happy Monday Ladies, Let's have a Fantabulous week!!!!!
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    winodini wrote: »
    I don’t have an Apple Watch, just an iPhone. I use a Fitbit for tracking steps; is that similar? It has a ring on the app to close to meet your daily goals.

Yes, it’s a goal thing. There are 3 rings one is “Move” which logs your activity calories. One is exercise minutes. And the third ring is “Stand” and encourages you to stand for one minute every hour.

• azkunk
    Options
    @azkunk I have an apple watch and am not having that problem. I walk 3 miles on the treadmill everyday which always closes the ring. Sometimes just the walking I do around work all day gets me 2/3 I the way there or so. Have you tried searching your problem on the apple tech support boards?

I tried the HIIT exercise on the watch. I exercised for 30 minutes and it only recorded 11 on the ring. I can choose “other” and it just straight logs the minutes. I looked at the boards and it tells you to recalibrate. It seems like a pain in the butt. I will keep an eye on it and maybe try to compare my HR monitor to my watch to see how ofc it is during a workout.
  • sweetnic
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Another week has passed where I fell off the wagon and now January is over. I need to take control! I found a groupon for 69-day free trial of daily burn so I’m going to give that a try. My goals for this week:

Log every meal and stay within budget
    7000 steps/day
    3 workouts this week
    Post everyday

One day at a time ... I can do this!

You got this!! Finish January strong!! ❤️
  • azkunk
    Options
    @sweetnic Thanks! I need to keep active on here to keep me motivated. The support and accountability is key for me and I just need to take control!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Another week has passed where I fell off the wagon and now January is over. I need to take control! I found a groupon for 69-day free trial of daily burn so I’m going to give that a try. My goals for this week:

Log every meal and stay within budget
    7000 steps/day
    3 workouts this week
    Post everyday

One day at a time ... I can do this!

Keep at it Lady, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
  • lk2011
    lk2011 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    @shortyjmorgan1 GREAT picture.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Best of Luck to you @Bramewhiting !!!! You can do it!!!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    btk4md57o7m6.jpg
    I saw this and thought it was cute....LOL
    Happy Tuesday Lovely Ladies, not get out there and kick some booty today! <3:)
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean @shortyjmorgan1! My oldest is 23. But for some reason I have an easier time wrapping my head around him being 23 than the fact that he will be 24 shortly. 24 just seems so old! Mid-twenties!
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    4kd3mqtoge6r.jpg
  • sweetnic
    Options
    Way to go @azkunk !!! So happy for you! Bringing your own food will help a lot, especially if you do not need to go near the cafeteria. Keep it up, you’re doing great!!