30 Day Shred Group- August (Part 2)

Options

Replies

• Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    L2D8 done! I'll do day 9 tommorow...and then I'm off to the wilderness for 5 days of camping and hiking. I will not be taking Jillian with me...so I'll save L2D10 for my first day back before I progress to level 3. I'm starting to see the scale budge! And I took halfway measurements and hips, waist and chest are shrinking!!!
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm in physical therapy for my left knee... Everyone's making me a little nervous talking about how their knees hurt from Level 3.... Need to do L3D1 today....=/ I hope it doesn't set back all the hard work I've been doing in pt.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I'm in physical therapy for my left knee... Everyone's making me a little nervous talking about how their knees hurt from Level 3.... Need to do L3D1 today....=/ I hope it doesn't set back all the hard work I've been doing in pt.

Take it easy and modify jumps you will prob be ok.
  • Ceceamanda
    Ceceamanda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've missed 3 days now since this weekend. I threw one of my bff's bachelorette party this weekend so I was running around getting things taken care of and setting up and such. i didn't get an "official work out in but carrying the bags with the alcohol and pop up to our hotel room by myself was definitely out of the "normal daily activities". Even though I didn't get a workout in I gave myself a small pat on the back as I made 3 dozen cookies and a large, male body part shaped cake:blushing: and didn't eat any of it! Like dead serious! :happy: I'm a weird one but when I do the baking I end up with no desire to eat it at all. Funny how that works. Anyways being sleep deprived I didn't get up this morning to work out. I'll work out when I get home tonight instead and then work out tomorrow morning. I'm excited as I got the Ripped in 30 in the mail today :) So i'm going to start adding that to my week as well as these 30 days start to wind down.

Thanks for the continuing motivation ladies! I hope as more finish out early you still come back here and continue sharing the encouraging words!
  • summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7 of level 1. I missed yesterday since It was a wonky work day and my hubbies birthday. Today I also started 6 week to a six pack. I only got half way through that one.

As always my son is my cheerleader. I was doing crunches and he was going "up, exhale, down, inhale, 1" and repeated LOL it was so funny I was trying not to laugh
  • jms88
    jms88 Posts: 49
    Options
    :laugh: I seriously just had to sit down and write out days to figure out what day I was on because I wasn't able to check in all weekend. I missed doing the shred Friday, but did it Saturday, Sunday, and this morning. I have now missed two days total during our August challenge, and I decided to make them up that next day, so I'm actually 2 days behind. However, I finished L2D10 this morning and I'm moving on to level 3 tomorrow! Because I hadn't counted to exactly where I was, for some reason I was thinking I wasn't there yet, but YEP, I am! Which I guess is good. Level 2 has seriously been hard on my knees. Please please PLEASE don't let level 3 be so hard on the knees :cry: Either way, 2/3 of the way done!

I also have been thinking of what I'd do next. I really need to force myself to fit regular exercise in because I'm working such long hours either sitting at my desk or sitting at a microscope, so the 30 minutes really works for me. I've been thinking of continuing the 30ds but also alternating L1, L2, L3 -day by day. I think the main reason is that it frustrates me that there are still movements I haven't completely mastered! Call it ego, but I feel like I want to be able to get through each of the workouts without modifying before I'll feel like I've "completed" it :happy:
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    How much progress are you guys seeing? I'm exactly halfway through and seeing zilch.
  • sassylilmama
    Options
    How much progress are you guys seeing? I'm exactly halfway through and seeing zilch.

I cant see very much. I have what I call "baby guns" aka tiny bicep bumps now lol. But I certainly FEEL stronger. Hoping after when I get back to a bit more cardio and melt away more fat new muscles will show up.
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options

I cant see very much. I have what I call "baby guns" aka tiny bicep bumps now lol. But I certainly FEEL stronger. Hoping after when I get back to a bit more cardio and melt away more fat new muscles will show up.

Yeah, bf says he reckons my flabby arms (my words lol) are more defined and the back of my legs are a bit thinner. I don't see it personally and the measurements and scales say no change either. Feel stronger sure. But I want results! lol.
    Feel like slipping back into my lazy habits ...
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    L3D1 Done! Burned only 291 Calories today? .... Level 3 seems easier than Level 2???????

I can't do the jumps where you kick your legs back before landing... I think I can't jump that high or something? Does anyone else have this problem?

Does anyone else feel like Level 3 is easier?
  • sassylilmama
    Options
    I definitely find level 3 easier than 2.
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    I definitely find level 3 easier than 2.

Good! Well... not good that it's easy... but Good to know. I thought I was completely slacking or something, so I posted on the wall & every reply was that they all thought it was really easy & boring. So at least I know it's not just me.
  • Ceceamanda
    Options
    I'm going to do D2L3 tomorrow. I've done quite a bit of jumping of levels this round of 30ds. I got Ripped in 30 in the mail today and I'm pretty excited about it. I did Level 1 week 1 tonight and think I'm going to be mixing the 2 for the end of my 30ds. I'll continue to post here as I complete each 30ds though. I just love Jillian
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Day 28 L3D8 is finished! Nothing too much to report. Doing pretty much everything without breaks, no modifications whatsoever. Generally it feels good, and I need to start looking at buy 8's

Teacher's workshop today. I'll check back later to see how everyone is doing!

ROCK ON!!! :tongue:
  • Ceceamanda
    Options
    D2L3 done. My right knee is on fire. It's not fond of jumping at all. Tomorrow (if not tonight) will do D2W1 of Ripped.
  • lbtewksbury
    lbtewksbury Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Okay finished Level 3 day 2 and I only burned 225 calories, course I can't do the rock star jump and had to take a breather on the mountain climbers , I am sure that affects my burn but overall I am still dripping when I finish. I definitely feel stronger. I really want to push these last 8 days to get the max from this program.
  • FullmetalAlchemistMommy
    Options
    Ok, so I have been working on level 3 for the last few days, and finally last night I had to give in and just do level 2. I find level 3 a lot harder, in some areas at least, than any other level, and that is kinda the point. When ever I am on the ground doing abs that involve moving my legs up and down (scissor crunches, lower oblique moves, etc) I feel popping in my lower back. Last night it got do bad that on the last set of cardio (double jump rope) I couldn't jump because I could feel pain in my back. I am not going to give up. I have 5 days left and then I am done, at least for now. I plan on doing Ripped in 30 after this. This has been the most strenuous I have worked out in a long time, I don't want to give up.
    I hope you ladies are still going strong.
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    After 30DS is done... I plan to redo it starting September 1st doing every day twice a day, until the 30 days are over. Does anyone else want to do this?
  • yad97
    yad97 Posts: 43
    Options
    I'm definitely going to do it in September as well. Not sure about the twice a day idea for myself. I already do another workout later in the day and I like the variety. I might get burnt out on Jillian. :wink:

L3D3 done today. I can't do all the jumps with my knees not being 100%, but I modify slightly. L3 isn't my favorite, but I'll finish!
  • summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    After 30DS is done... I plan to redo it starting September 1st doing every day twice a day, until the 30 days are over. Does anyone else want to do this?

I was planning on starting ripped but may be up for the shred again. It is working so well right now and I have added 6wk to a 6pk as well

I finished day 7 of 30DS and weighed myself this am. I have now lost 5 lbs since starting 30DS. Day 8 of level one today and day 2 of 6wk to a 6pk