WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2019

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Thank you Barbie for getting us started again. I hope you are feeling better this morning.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    Sue Happy Birthday!

Barbie Thank you!
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Barbie ~ Thanks for getting us into a new month! :)

Goals for February: Lose the 6 lbs that has crept up on me over the past 3 months. I am another short person (5' 1") and know that these extra pounds are hard on my lower back, knees, and blood pressure.

Carol in GA
  • Graceandmiracles
    Graceandmiracles Posts: 22 Member
    kymarai wrote: »
    Grace- omg! Our struggles are the same! I am 5'2" currently at 124.6. Small frame. My highest not pregnant weight was 155 about 11 years ago. I cried a lot! I was always under 100 except when pregnant. I thought I looked good at 135 nine years ago until I saw my honeymoon pictures. I joined MFP about 8 years ago. My goal at almost 56 yo is 112-115. I was at 116 for a year, then got curve balled with surgeries and life and crept back up to 135. I struggled in the 130's for 6-8 months. Finally broke into the 120s in 2018. My goal was to be 120 by September. I started vacation at 119.9. I was so excited! Came back in October from vacation and business trip to chaos with work and family. Again got overwhelmed and was quickly approaching that 130 again. I started 2019 at almost 128. I am down almost 4 pounds. So let me share what has been working for me. Water, water, water! The struggle is real as I am content with 1-2 cups of coffee in the morning and maybe one glass of water a day. I have managed at least 8 glasses of water all but 1 day since Christmas. 10,000 steps a day with at least 30 minutes being intentional walking. While I try to get that 30 minutes in in the morning, other times it is at night (like tonight). It is 35 steps around my hallway, dining room, and kitchen circle. My CICO seems pretty good. I try to get at least 1300 per day. I still have some candies, but find myself choose most days. Good stuff in small amounts goes a long way. I eat what I want but pay attention to portion sizes.
    Just my story....sorry got long....but wanted to share. Whether we lose 20 lbs or 200 lbs, my understanding is the body will fight more the closer to goal you are! These ladies have all been and are on incredible journeys and share great insights.

I had to stop reading to reply to Grace. Now can go back to reading. Thanks for listening!

<3
    Kylia in it is snowing again in Ohio but at least in the teens again

Wow! Thank you so much for responding! Just what I needed! I realized one thing this morning after reviewing yesterday’s horrible food intake. I keep telling myself I can just have a little to eat instead of a meal and I will be fine for a few hours but that’s not true. So I go for empty calories, yesterday was popcorn, Doritos and convince myself that’s going to tide me over(rationalizing the junk). What I really needed was a good meal with protein and flavor. I had almost 500 calories of junk yesterday and I know if I’d just had a good solid lunch I would not have caved to the junk. So just finished my first meal today of meatballs and sweet peppers and baby carrots(leftovers from last night). Had one water(heading out for a while so not doing more until back home). Should be good for 3-4 hours. Also today is day five of no added sugar. Only sugar this week has been my daily allotted homemade sweetened iced coffee and vanilla organic yogurt twic.

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Thanks BARBIE for new thread
    HEATHER Glad you are finally feeling a little better
    Not eating very well at the moment but have ramped up exercise.
    I am reading every day but not responding much
    Hugs for all of you with health and family problems
    Keep warm

Kate UK <3
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited February 2019
    Barbie, thank you so much for keeping this thread going!💗. Man does thread have history or what?!
    Love all you so much, my tribe, my clanswomen!

Goals for February:

Portion portion!
    Attend gym Mon- Thurs from 9:30-11:00 am
    Drink like a sailor! (Well like a sailor that loves water/coffee/sparkling waters).

That's all I can do this month. I don't log, but I know what works. Certain meals produce results so I have more days where I eat like that than pizza.👍
    Today I see the on base doc, to get referral to see LS specialty doc in Anacortes. Hopefully I will just have to have a chat and be out the door. I really am not keen to show my lady bits to someone not familiar with Lichen sclerosis.
    Paid bills easy peasy today. Had pretty much filled everything out last night, so today was just filling in blanks. Should be a good month!
    Hugs ladies💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    I have totted it up and I must drink 8 -9 mugs of liquid a day. Mainly unsweetened English tea with a tiny dash of semi skimmed milk.. 1 mug of coffee. I fizzy water. 1 Pernod in a large glass of water. One other sort of AF drink. Tea is my saviour and punctuates my day. :D 5 large mugs a day. I don't think I go short of liquid. Sometimes in the evening I'll drink a large glass of water from the tap if I'm thirsty.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

Barbie - how nice to be quoted! :D

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Welcome doglady2002. Please tell us a bit about yourself and what part of the world you live in. There are folks here from all over. I am from Georgia and have been on here for over two years. I have been retired from 5th grade teaching for over 10 years. Have bad knees and keep postponing having them fixed. Have gained 6 more pounds over the last 4 months probably due to not getting out and walking every day plus I really like my wine in the evenings. One 43 yr old son and two grandchildren ages 8 & 7.

Carol in GA
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Welcome doglady!

Okie in the TX Hill Country

• suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Thanks Lanette and KJ. I do know about the book but my brain went missing on SWSY.
    Barbie- thank you for starting us off for February. I know you didn’t feel well and I was worried about you. Glad you are better
    I lost 2.3 lbs in the three weeks in January I gave up sugar. Mostly didn’t eat cookies, candy, cakes, etc and didn’t add sugar to my tea. I was a little disappointed but I realized one of those weeks I had four days where I sat all day. So for February, my goal is to work on reducing sugar, cutting back on carbs (I need to do some research on that) and getting into a better sleep routine.
    Welcome dog lady. There are lots of dog lovers on this thread.
    See ya later.
    SueBDew in TX
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    :) Barbie thanks for a new month.

I’ll catch up later

Tracey in Edmonton