Accountability-Daily Support/motivation group

Replies

• Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Got 2 miles in today. Just a light run but I’m having a stressful week so it was good to work off some of those nerves. I’m hoping to get in another outdoor run on Saturday but right now rain/snow is in the forecast and I’m not running in that so it might be another treadmill run.
  • ShopGirl9999
    ShopGirl9999 Posts: 775 Member
    @steph333 congrats!

I feel better but not looking at scale. Watching water intake, calories and making time to move!

Lets keep it up!
  • proudmotherof6
    proudmotherof6 Posts: 40 Member
    Been super busy with my kids, especially the newborn 😴😌. Weather is horrible. rain all week but I'm hoping I can find some dry spots and go run. Been doing better with my calorie intake. Is anyone else having issues adding recipes to the site? When I'm done adding all the ingredients and push save...it disappears 😟.
  • Running2Fit
    @proudmotherof6 - I had that issue yesterday when I was trying to adjust a recipe. I clicked save and it just reverted back. MFP can be so glitchy sometimes
  • heathervo
    heathervo Posts: 36 Member
    Met my water, workout and stayed within calories.
    Here’s my question though, when you add a workout and you gain some calories back, and then it tells you you’re not having enough calories in the day, what do you do? I’m sitting here like uhhh ok should I eat more?
  • Running2Fit
    heathervo wrote: »
    Here’s my question though, when you add a workout and you gain some calories back, and then it tells you you’re not having enough calories in the day, what do you do? I’m sitting here like uhhh ok should I eat more?

Yup, eat more. MFP is giving you a calorie goal assume no exercise. If you do exercise you’ll need to eat additional calories to fuel that workout. You especially need to eat more if MFP is saying didn’t eat enough calories since that means you are under 1000 net calories and probably aren’t reaching your basic nutritional needs.
  • CowgirlConnieMay
    CowgirlConnieMay Posts: 300 Member
    I haven't been moving as much while working on this computer so much. BUT this computer work is short lived so then I can get back to it. I am watching what I eat so I am still losing weight though =)
  • heathervo
    heathervo Posts: 36 Member
    heathervo wrote: »

Yup, eat more. MFP is giving you a calorie goal assume no exercise. If you do exercise you’ll need to eat additional calories to fuel that workout. You especially need to eat more if MFP is saying didn’t eat enough calories since that means you are under 1000 net calories and probably aren’t reaching your basic nutritional needs.

I figured that may be the answer. So I guess I need to think more during the day about how many calories I may burn exercising because I workout pretty late at night and don’t want to eat after.
    Thank you!
  • CowgirlConnieMay
    I finished a birthday party with just 74 calories over my goal so I am calling that a win lol
  • ShopGirl9999
    Daily Goal: Will workout at least 30 minutes min today.

What are your goals today?
  • Running2Fit

Today is a rest day for me so I’m going to do a half hour yoga session at some point. And then I just need to stick to my calorie goal.
  • Zgarcia1989
    Zgarcia1989 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi I would like to join the group! I am 29 years old and I need to start taking care of myself ( emotionally, physically and mentally). I also hate looking at myself in the mirror :( . I also have two kids ( 13 and 10) and work a full time job. I would like to have friends with similar goals as myself, to live a healthier lifestyle.

CW 224
    GW 145
  • CowgirlConnieMay
    Hi all! Goal is to squeeze a workout in today!!
  • proudmotherof6
    @proudmotherof6 - I had that issue yesterday when I was trying to adjust a recipe. I clicked save and it just reverted back. MFP can be so glitchy sometimes

Ugh it really sucks because it did it again 😣 lol
  • proudmotherof6

Get some sleep lol 😴😴😴 my newborn had me up AAAALLLLLLL night
  • proudmotherof6
    Hi I would like to join the group! I am 29 years old and I need to start taking care of myself ( emotionally, physically and mentally). I also hate looking at myself in the mirror :( . I also have two kids ( 13 and 10) and work a full time job. I would like to have friends with similar goals as myself, to live a healthier lifestyle.

CW 224
    GW 145

Welcome! Keep finding motivation so you can reach your goal weight. Push yourself and no matter what don't give up! Ask yourself everyday: if I were to give up now how would I feel six months from now?
  • Running2Fit
    I did not do yoga today. I was having stomach issues all day so I mostly just laid on the couch. I don’t feel to bad though since it was a rest day anyway.

I did stick to my calorie goal 🙂
  • CowgirlConnieMay
    I worked out for 60 minutes... loved it!
  • Running2Fit
    3 miles under 30 minutes this morning! Now I just get to relax the rest of the weekend 🙂
  • ShopGirl9999
    February personal challenge: push ups...start slow and build.

Will be doing it daily!