Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

Options

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    LynnJ9 wrote: »
    skf1201 wrote: »
    Good Wednesday everyone! Where I live today (with the windchill) it’s -40 degrees. Here’s my warm food I enjoy. A serving of oatmeal with sweetener of your choice. After the oatmeal is cooked add frozen blueberries or tart cherries or fruit of you liking and 1 or 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream. It’s like a dessert. May everyone find something today that brings a smile to your face or heart.

There is over 100 degree difference between wher you and I are. It was 73 today in Scottsdale Arizona. 😎😎
    I am sure I will get my paycheck for bragging about this next summer when it hits 120 degrees here😎

Is this really so? I suspect we're looking here at -40 Celsius and +73 Fahrenheit (which would only be 23 Celsius).
  • skf1201
    skf1201 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    @solieco1
    Or alternatively this works too. I have activity set at sedentary then have my Garmin set to update my MFP based on daily activity. This way it adds continually during the day depending on what AI do. That way if I do have a very inactive or very active day it corresponds.

Thank you for this tip. I’m going to do this tomorrow. 😀
  • skf1201
    Options
    “Courage doesn’t always roar, sometimes it’s the quiet voice at the end of the day whispering ‘I will try again tomorrow’.”
    – Mary Anne Radmacher
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    LynnJ9 wrote: »
    Good Wednesday everyone! Where I live today (with the windchill) it’s -40 degrees. Here’s my warm food I enjoy. A serving of oatmeal with sweetener of your choice. After the oatmeal is cooked add frozen blueberries or tart cherries or fruit of you liking and 1 or 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream. It’s like a dessert. May everyone find something today that brings a smile to your face or heart.

There is over 100 degree difference between wher you and I are. It was 73 today in Scottsdale Arizona. 😎😎
    I am sure I will get my paycheck for bragging about this next summer when it hits 120 degrees here😎

Is this really so? I suspect we're looking here at -40 Celsius and +73 Fahrenheit (which would only be 23 Celsius).

So -40 Celsius is also -40 Fahrenheit, which is the one place where both degrees are the same! So in Fahrenheit that is over a 100 degree difference between -40 degrees to 73 degrees. Crazy!😊😎😎
  • PartyPerson
    PartyPerson Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My jeans don't fit....this is great news. Not only am I losing weight, I have an excuse to go shopping.
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    “Courage doesn’t always roar, sometimes it’s the quiet voice at the end of the day whispering ‘I will try again tomorrow’.”
    – Mary Anne Radmacher

I love this... stealing!
  • PartyPerson
    Options
    jacquir2 wrote: »
    Jacqui here from Ireland- I’m in too! Going well so far, since going healthy on 7th Jan. Would appreciate some motivation on difficult days.

We're here through all of the ups downs and sideways bits on your journey to you! Have a fabulous Saturday.
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    My jeans don't fit....this is great news. Not only am I losing weight, I have an excuse to go shopping.

Awesome news ! I love shopping, too :smiley:
  • skf1201
    Options
    @PartyPerson wrote:
    February 1, 2019 11:21PM

👋🏻👍🏻💃🏻👜 celebrating with you!!!
  • skf1201
    Options
    Does anyone have fitness pal premium? If so, is it worth it?
  • allison8668
    Options
    Just finished my 40min walking treadmill workout. Not as good as running, but I'll have to work back into it again. The day after I declared I was going to train for a half in May - I got sick - LOL !!! The one good thing that came from my time off is that I started drinking over 8 cups of water a day. I add MiO drops (cherry blackberry my favorite so far.)
  • PartyPerson
    Options

I've been wondering this too
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options

I like it.
  • skf1201
    Options
    @allison866Member
    February 2, 2019 9:35AM
    Just finished my 40min walking treadmill workout. Not as good as running, but I'll have to work back into it again. The day after I declared I was going to train for a half in May - I got sick - LOL !!! The one good thing that came from my time off is that I started drinking over 8 cups of water a day. I add MiO drops (cherry blackberry my favorite so far.)

You’re well on your way to that half!!!👟👟 May I ask where your race will be? The half marathon is my favorite race distance. Des Moines, IA, is my favorite one. Keep going. You’re doing awesome!!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    ... I add MiO drops (cherry blackberry my favorite so far.) ...

I use that stuff, too. I drink more water if it has a little flavor.

• influencingangel
    influencingangel Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would like to as well doing the keto lifestyle and loving it
  • allison8668
    Options
    You’re well on your way to that half!!!👟👟 May I ask where your race will be? The half marathon is my favorite race distance. Des Moines, IA, is my favorite one. Keep going. You’re doing awesome!!

Hi @skf1201 ... I was considering the Superhero Half Marathon in Morristown, NJ. Never did a half before. I usually stop running in the winter because it's so cold outside. I figured I could build my miles up on the treadmill this year in the winter. We'll see ! So, do you run year round? Do you have any races coming up?
  • allison8668
    Options
    I would like to as well doing the keto lifestyle and loving it

@influencingangel ... what are some of your typical meals and snacks on keto?