January 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent I am assuming same author name, will have to look it up when I have time this weekend.
    Well, you need to google my actual name Vincent Trigili - I assume "Pastor Vincent" will return lots of results.

I meant the same as the previous series of your's I have been perusing. Up to Spectra's Gambit so far.

Oh yes. Duh. I have 2 series out - this will be a third - coming very soon.

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq thanks for the great review of Decathlon gear. I was interested in trying it but between the poor website and finding nearly everything in my size out of stock, I gave up looking.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,489 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Apparently there are hats just for badminton. Who knew?1?
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    @MegaMooseEsq thanks for the great review of Decathlon gear. I was interested in trying it but between the poor website and finding nearly everything in my size out of stock, I gave up looking.

Website is trash, but I found something in my size, should arrive early next week. I think.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    kevaasen wrote: »
    I'm thinking of signing up for the Hogeye Marathon in Springdale, AR (4/6/19). Does anyone here know if they have bacon on the course? It seems like they should have it either on the course or at the end (as a minimum). Has anyone done this race and do you know? If not, I might message the RD. I'm really thinking about signing up and that might push me over the edge...

Interesting

If you want bacon, the Flying Pig Marathon on the first Sunday in May has some unofficially from someone that evidently cooks and passes it out every year and I believe others along the course do the same as well. The FP was my first marathon and while I didn’t have any bacon during the race I loved the race theme and the support is fantastic. Highly recommend!

On a whim this past summer, to keep the pig theme going, I signed up for the Hogeye during their early registration period. That said, in the fall, I later registered for another marathon on the same day as a good portion of my running group is running Milwaukee and I initially thought of my dual registration as “weather insurance” if snow/cold up north for race day I would head south and if too hot in AR the I would stay closer to home...but also tempted to see if I can transfer the Hogeye race but haven’t contacted the RD to see if they would accommodate as they don’t talk about it is an option positively or negatively on their website.

If you are talking to the RD perhaps you can inquire about a friend not able to run and would they be willing to accommodate a name switch and what we would have to do. Thinking, I could drop my insurance policy and you can save some money as I paid far less than the current price of you want to run this race.

@kevaasen I might just ask that question because I'm thinking about signing up anyway. To be honest, another part of the reason to run this is because I am doing a marathon on 4/13 in KS and this would be 2 in 8 days... which would be enough to join the Marathon Maniacs and would also get me 1 state closer to being able to join the 50 states club. Cincinnati is a bit further, but not a bad idea as I don't have OH. But it would not be 2 marathons in short enough time to join the Marathon Maniacs club. I may send you a friend request so we can PM about it.

Ok. If you do just let me know. 2 marathons in a week is adventurous. Haven’t PM on here so if I don’t respond right away it is because I have no clue where it might reside in the app.

@kevaasen I heard back from the RD. I'm going to PM you, but also sent a FR because I've heard MFP messaging doesn't work if we aren't friends.
  • kevaasen
    kevaasen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of signing up for the Hogeye Marathon in Springdale, AR (4/6/19). Does anyone here know if they have bacon on the course? It seems like they should have it either on the course or at the end (as a minimum). Has anyone done this race and do you know? If not, I might message the RD. I'm really thinking about signing up and that might push me over the edge...

Interesting

If you want bacon, the Flying Pig Marathon on the first Sunday in May has some unofficially from someone that evidently cooks and passes it out every year and I believe others along the course do the same as well. The FP was my first marathon and while I didn’t have any bacon during the race I loved the race theme and the support is fantastic. Highly recommend!

On a whim this past summer, to keep the pig theme going, I signed up for the Hogeye during their early registration period. That said, in the fall, I later registered for another marathon on the same day as a good portion of my running group is running Milwaukee and I initially thought of my dual registration as “weather insurance” if snow/cold up north for race day I would head south and if too hot in AR the I would stay closer to home...but also tempted to see if I can transfer the Hogeye race but haven’t contacted the RD to see if they would accommodate as they don’t talk about it is an option positively or negatively on their website.

If you are talking to the RD perhaps you can inquire about a friend not able to run and would they be willing to accommodate a name switch and what we would have to do. Thinking, I could drop my insurance policy and you can save some money as I paid far less than the current price of you want to run this race.

@kevaasen I might just ask that question because I'm thinking about signing up anyway. To be honest, another part of the reason to run this is because I am doing a marathon on 4/13 in KS and this would be 2 in 8 days... which would be enough to join the Marathon Maniacs and would also get me 1 state closer to being able to join the 50 states club. Cincinnati is a bit further, but not a bad idea as I don't have OH. But it would not be 2 marathons in short enough time to join the Marathon Maniacs club. I may send you a friend request so we can PM about it.

Ok. If you do just let me know. 2 marathons in a week is adventurous. Haven’t PM on here so if I don’t respond right away it is because I have no clue where it might reside in the app.

@kevaasen I heard back from the RD. I'm going to PM you, but also sent a FR because I've heard MFP messaging doesn't work if we aren't friends.

Hi. I accepted. Let me know what the RD said. I am guessing there might be an option to transfer?
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options

Interesting

Hi. I accepted. Let me know what the RD said. I am guessing there might be an option to transfer?

Yes there is. Dis you get my PM? I need some info.
  • kevaasen
    kevaasen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Only a friend request. I don’t have any message in my message box.