What do you make of my date?

Options

Replies

• KayakingPublicist
    KayakingPublicist Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Okay, first thanks for such a funny thread. I don't think anyone thinks this guy deserves a second date, but maybe you should give him this t-shirt I bought in CO on my way home to NC. It's for my teen-age nephew's birthday at the end of the month. Seems to be fitting. (For what it's worth, I was a staunch vegetarian in college. Now, I'm married to a red-meat eating Southerner so alas, I'm back to eating the tasty critters ... just now from an organic local farm where I know the animals by name. From vegetarian to locavore):

T-SHIRT FOR BAD DATE GUY:
    P.E.T.A.
    People Eating Tasty Animals
    All God's Creatures Look Best Next to Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I REALLY want that t-shirt!!!!!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Seems there were good and bad things about your date. The meat thing was a bit weird but it seemed to go fairly well after that until the bill arrived.

I would say give it another go. Let him come to you, set up the date and see how he behaves. You don't have to do anything fancy or expensive but when it comes down to paying you will soon be able to see if he picks up the tab on even the little things.

If he carries on as before decide if it's a dealbreaker and then act on it.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I'm actually kind of with you. I think it's really hard to get to know someone on a first date and there's no beer anywhere!! *LOL*
  • myofibril
    Options
    No beer ?!?! What kind of strange twilight zone dating practices are you indulging in Missy? Honestly, without beer I would never have gotten my leg over...

There maybe a perfectly good explanation for his behaviour. There might not be. You can't really know for a single incident apart from on t'interwebs. Everything is so...black and white...in cyber space.

But in RL it's more shades of grey. Listen if it doesn't work out let me know and I will mail you $20 for being a good sport. If it does work out then you can send me $40 for sheer awesomeness....
  • odusgolp
    Options
    No beer ?!?! What kind of strange twilight zone dating practices are you indulging in Missy? Honestly, without beer I would never have gotten my leg over...

There maybe a perfectly good explanation for his behaviour. There might not be. You can't really know for a single incident apart from on t'interwebs. Everything is so...black and white...in cyber space.

But in RL it's more shades of grey. Listen if it doesn't work out let me know and I will mail you $20 for being a good sport. If it does work out then you can send me $40 for sheer awesomeness....

BWAH!! I love you. You've got yourself a deal *LOL*
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'm actually kind of with you. I think it's really hard to get to know someone on a first date and there's no beer anywhere!! *LOL*
    lesson learned then...you DID say you were gonna start this date sober. And sans cleavage.
  • myofibril
    Options
    ohitson.jpg

Good luck lovely ;)
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Ok um no, after reading the follow up responses...this guy is an idiot.

Move on!
  • odusgolp
    Options
    OK, how about we agree on - if he comes to me, there's beer involved, there's a second date. If not, there is not. :) 6'9" !! *LOL*
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    As a guy I would feel very uncomfortable if I didn`t pick up the tab.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    You sir, are a CHEAP SKATE. :frown:
    And what does it make you if you expect a free meal out of me?

lol effing love this.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    OK, how about we agree on - if he comes to me, there's beer involved, there's a second date. If not, there is not. :) 6'9" !! *LOL*

WIN.
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hahaha NEXT.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

Definately a woman.... NOT ON A DATE WITH YOU!

Judging from the responses of other Women stating the same as me. Tell us all, what does that make us?

he was clearly implying the women are the cheap ones...
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Horrible Loser!
  • myofibril
    Options

WIN.

Yup, in fact it's winning like Charlie Sheen:

charlie-sheen-winning-resized-600.jpg

How can any woman turn down any man who comes with the numbers 6 & 9?
  • odusgolp
    Options

lol effing love this.

So, a guy asks you out... you drive about an hour to his town... and you pick up the tab. That would be normal to you?
  • cnichols2056
    cnichols2056 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So yeah. I really like this Shirt. I want one. Can I find them online? :)
  • myofibril
    Options
    So, a guy asks you out... you drive about an hour to his town... and you pick up the tab. That would be normal to you?

Whoa there. Back that truck of crazy up a little. What?

He asked you out but you drove to him. Why didn't he come to you?