Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

Options

Replies

• allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Just curious, does anyone else in this group maintain a WFPB or Vegan diet?

I used to be more or less a WFPB - vegetarian for 15 years. I brought my kids up vegetarian. Then 2 years ago, my husband and I stopped.
  • allison8668
    Options
    Major shake up in the family right now, took a couple days off to "go walk-about", thinking New Mexico, do a little hiking, get some sun (WARM!) and a better out look- keep on, keeping on peoples, Keep me and mine in prayer

I visited NM about 12 years ago. I loved it! Though, it was a bit dry for my liking. I'd definitely go back.

Hope you find the peace you're looking for :smile:
  • NCBlessings
    NCBlessings Posts: 35 Member
    Options

I used to be more or less a WFPB - vegetarian for 15 years. I brought my kids up vegetarian. Then 2 years ago, my husband and I stopped.

If you don’t mind me asking, what made you stop?

• mmebouchon
    mmebouchon Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    My jeans don't fit....this is great news. Not only am I losing weight, I have an excuse to go shopping.

Awesome news ! I love shopping, too :smiley:

Great reaason to shop. I on the other hand need to loose weight, again, so I don’t have to go buy larger pants as I gained back all the weight I lost in 2015😕 It is really motivating to remember the feeling of shopping for smaller pants. Hope you found something awesome.👖
  • influencingangel
    influencingangel Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would like to as well doing the keto lifestyle and loving it

@influencingangel ... what are some of your typical meals and snacks on keto?

For snack i make the fluff fat bombs like peanut butter or chocolate..theres tons on pinterest..for breakfast..eggs bacon or boiled eggs Avocado..dinner slamon chickem..hamburgers....lots of Brussels and Broccoli..spinach..over salt butter and a little olive oil..alot of salads almost all top soil vegetables are good ..I can send you a list if you cant find what you want..down load lazy keto it has tons of low carb meals..its just has a 5 second add occasionally you have to watch but totally worth it..hope this helps add me if you like...🙂🙂🙂
  • allison8668
    Options

If you don’t mind me asking, what made you stop?

I realized that the vegetarian protein sources weren't satisfying to me. And, some of them gave me digestive issues - like bloating - or pains. Beans are not my friend - even with beano. Tofu wasn't that satisfying. I didn't like seitan or tempeh. I'd have the morningstar farms, boca, quorn, gardein products - but not all of them agreed with me. In the end, I was eating too many carbs - breads, pasta, rice - which didn't make me full enough - so I'd end up eating more calories than I wanted to.

Now, for protein, I have lean turkey, chicken, sirloin, fish - and I feel satisfied after having a serving. I don't eat pasta or rice anymore. And, it's working better for me. I still eat boca burgers, tho, and the MF breakfast patties, and nuggets.
  • allison8668
    Options

For snack i make the fluff fat bombs like peanut butter or chocolate..theres tons on pinterest..for breakfast..eggs bacon or boiled eggs Avocado..dinner slamon chickem..hamburgers....lots of Brussels and Broccoli..spinach..over salt butter and a little olive oil..alot of salads almost all top soil vegetables are good ..I can send you a list if you cant find what you want..down load lazy keto it has tons of low carb meals..its just has a 5 second add occasionally you have to watch but totally worth it..hope this helps add me if you like...🙂🙂🙂

Thanks ! It's an interesting way of eating. I haven't tried it. Maybe some day - if what I'm currently doing stops working. PB and chocolate fat bombs sound good - LOL ! But PB and chocolate anything sounds good :smiley:

I'm glad that there are lots of veggies included - for the fiber and minerals.
  • skf1201
    skf1201 Posts: 116 Member
    Options

Hi @skf1201 ... I was considering the Superhero Half Marathon in Morristown, NJ. Never did a half before. I usually stop running in the winter because it's so cold outside. I figured I could build my miles up on the treadmill this year in the winter. We'll see ! So, do you run year round? Do you have any races coming up?
    [/quote]

Hi @allison8668 😀. I do run year round. I’m different I believe than most as I love temps 40 degrees and colder which is when I run the best. The heat and I don’t get along. I don’t have any races coming up. However Des Moines,IA, is in October so I just might do that one. Have fun with your workouts this week!

• skf1201
    skf1201 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    quote @lindamtuck2018 Hi I am in! I am from London, Ontario. I am 54. I haven’t had any success losing weight since I joined in fact I gained. Part of the reason is I have been working on reducing binge eating. Pretty well got in under control. I also had a huge stressor in my life. I had a person trying to convince me my weight was at a set point and I had to accept it. That person is gone. I just started doing small work outs by following YouTube videos or short walks.

Hi @lindaamtuck2018

Congratulations 🎉 on starting a new chapter in your book of life. Doing workouts and walking! I’m proud of you! Each step you take is forward progress. The hardest part can be putting the shoes on. Once you put your shoes on you have won and can continue on. You’re wonderfully made and you’re worth it. We are cheering you on! Have a good week.

• influencingangel
    influencingangel Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Thanks ! It's an interesting way of eating. I haven't tried it. Maybe some day - if what I'm currently doing stops working. PB and chocolate fat bombs sound good - LOL ! But PB and chocolate anything sounds good :smiley:

I'm glad that there are lots of veggies included - for the fiber and minerals.

I really don't do the 20 grams on carbs I keep it at 30 to 35 and dont eat as much fat cause my husband is doing heart health for triple bypass so have watch him plus his diabetes..I'm losing so not going to worry about it..i just want to do it healthy cause in all reality there really no studies on keto for everyday people...
  • NCBlessings
    NCBlessings Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    skf1201 wrote: »
    May you each have a week filled with good health and the strength needed emotionally, physically and or spiritually.

WITH THE NEW DAY COMES NEW STRENGTH AND NEW THOUGHTS. -ELEANOR ROOSEVELT

Thank you, hope you do as well!

• allison8668
    Options
    @NCBlessings ... it's nice to see so much green on the trees. And, blue sky, and the sun !
  • asugar1390
    asugar1390 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I’m having trouble because I started personal training 1-14 but have not lost a pound yet. I am not following the meal plan I think because they are so strict and make me feel bad when I send her my meals. I think I’m doing well and then she chastises me. I’m paying her ! So I haven’t sent my meals the last three days. I go in tomorrow. I think their way is very much like body builders eat. I do ok for breakfast lunch dinner and snack but then it gets harder in the evening and I feel guilty . I’m supposed to do 35 min of cardio on my own and personal training with weights twice a week. Any suggestions?