Does anyone have any weight loss tips and fat loss tips for me please?

Replies

• jasonpoihegatama
    jasonpoihegatama Posts: 496 Member
    Yes you are right.
    Nothing proved? Minnesota Starvation experiment ring a bell? Ethiopian famine? Concentration camp photos?

If starvation mode were a thing, nobody would die of starvation.

Yes you are Right. However i didn't say no studies had been done on this. The Doctors of the 90's who said it was a myth where saying there were no test done with the modern technology so it was called a myth. I'm not say it is or not.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    I would stand up for my point and explain my history of taking 2 years of anatomy and physiology for nursing school (while also keeping high grades and had honors) and how I trained to be a dietitian for the Air Force so I'm not completely clueless when it comes to knowing about the body, but I don't care anymore and isn't worth it.

And yet you made several more posts. ;)

What you are doing here is called appeal to authority, in this case yourself.

If an argument is credible you have evidence to support it, not just say so and so expert ( in this case yourself) says so.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    edited February 2019
    What kind of tips are you looking for? You've already lost a great deal of weight so its seems you're doing things right. I'd suggest continue what you're doing. As you get closer to your goal weight progress will slow down, in which case you will need to pay extra attention to your logging (use a scale if you dont already) and be patient. Congratulations on your loss thus far! :)
    Any tips you’d like to share. This weight loss journey of mine is taking a very long time. I lost 20 kg in three years from 2015 then I really started trying hard to lose weight last year 2018 and I lost 19 kg since the beginning of last year up until now. I’m still overweight but nowhere near as big as I was. I’m 9 kg away from a healthy bmi and 28 kg away from where I’d love to be at the lowest healthy bmi that’s recommended for me. But I did let myself get massive so it’s understandable that it’s taking so long to lose it all. I didn’t gain the weight overnight it took years. I’m Trying to get back to 57 kg like I was from 20- 24 but it seems impossible. I’ve just started logging what I eat on my fitness pal after joining three days ago and I’ve actually been under the daily kilojoules each day what’s recommended for me to eat and drink. Do you know If I eat the recommended kilojoules my fitness pal recommends will I lose weight from following what I should be eating each day by diet alone? And also with eating the recommended kilojoules each day and doing from 270 - 630 minutes of walking each week will that help me lose weight quicker? You are right I have to be patient and my fiancé also has told me to have patience. Thank you for your kind comment I appreciate it

OP, I realized I got distracted by some of the incorrect comments on your thread and didn't pay enough attention to your story. :) You are quite amazing! If I've done the math right, you've lost a total of 85 lbs over 3 years and now are 20 lbs away from a healthy BMI (I have to frame it in pounds to understand it ;) ). Whatever strategies you used to achieve this, you have done an outstanding job in a lasting, sustainable way. Really- congratulations!

So now you've come to MFP and seem to be getting a little confused by the science behind what you've already been achieving in practice. Most would say the last 20 lbs is the hardest because it's slower and it requires more diligence. MFP is a good tool for that, because it helps you to accurately target the deficit you need to get the job done, but you don't want it to become a distraction from what has, up until now, been a good approach for you. I would look over some of the "most helpful" posts that discuss how MFP works and how to accurately log:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-health-fitness-and-diet-must-reads#latest

Apparently you have still been losing or maintaining before coming to MFP. It wouldn't be a bad idea just to continue to eat the way you've been eating during this time for a couple of weeks while you get the hang of logging accurately. Doing so will help educate you as to how many calories you have been eating, and help you see where further (small) changes can be made to meet your new calorie allowance.

As we've already clarified, the calories MFP gives you does not include your purposeful exercise, only your normal day-to-day activities as represented by your activity level. So it's intended that you eat at least a portion of those back (calorie burn estimates are often inflated, so you may just want to do 50% for several weeks until you see how it affects your real-life results). Remember- MFP gives you estimates, but you are in possession of 3 years' worth of real-life experience, so draw on that as you make choices & draw conclusions.

Would love to hear how this goes for you, OP, so I hope you'll come back and update us. And absolutely keep asking questions :)

• jasonpoihegatama
    Nothing proved? Minnesota Starvation experiment ring a bell? Ethiopian famine? Concentration camp photos?

If starvation mode were a thing, nobody would die of starvation.

?
  • Mardill
    Mardill Posts: 141 Member
    Congratulations on your amazing success! You are close to your goal. Follow a healthy food plan and be sure to consume at least 1200 calories daily. Our food is what keeps our brain, heart and all parts of our bodies, functioning properly. Check your sodium levels and keep it under 1500 mg.

Friend me and we can support each other.
  • jasonpoihegatama
    Hi I’ve lost over 40 kg and I’m trying to lose at least 15 kgs - 30kgs. I usually do a 7.9 km brisk walk that takes 90-100 minutes (1.5hours) 3-7 days per week. Does anyone have any weight loss tips and fat loss tips for me? I’d love to hear. I’m 175 cm tall and I weigh 84.9 kgs today so I’m still overweight but looking to get to 56-76kg which is a healthy bmi for me. Thank you

your doing well so far
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    I would stand up for my point and explain my history of taking 2 years of anatomy and physiology for nursing school (while also keeping high grades and had honors) and how I trained to be a dietitian for the Air Force so I'm not completely clueless when it comes to knowing about the body, but I don't care anymore and isn't worth it.

Yeah... no. Pics or it didn't happen :)
  • ashleygroizard
    ashleygroizard Posts: 181 Member
    vpw3jhy9m23s.jpeg
    jo663nz4iy1l.jpeg
    tzztlo54epf3.jpeg
    cds5ctjlffuc.jpeg
    10ahaqcif66d.jpeg
  • ashleygroizard
    ashleygroizard Posts: 181 Member
    q7etqn5wsffv.jpeg
    dad08o5maezg.jpeg
    ptf656rbhzyc.jpeg
    l0m5mj0gtbcx.jpeg
    w1top5lqsjyl.jpeg
  • ceiswyn wrote: »

I’ve just started losing weight again after starving myself for three days straight and after six days of eating and gaining weight abit each day I’ve just started burning fat again and losing weight. You were right lovelysavannah. Thank you. Would you be able to teach me some things please lovelysavannah? I was so scared I would just keep gaining and today I was shocked to have my weight going down like you said it would thank you.

Don't get hung up on the daily changes on your scale. They do not reflect actual fat loss on a day to day basis. Your body is mostly water and your weight is constantly in a state of flux due to small increases or decreases in the amount of water in your body. Those changes are all due to normal functions of the human body and you can't control them. You will see these changes as small movements on your scale (i.e. your weight may suddenly go up 1kg or down 1kg from morning to evening), but they don't reflect your actual fat loss. This is why people advise not to weigh yourself daily... weighing yourself weekly (if you stick to your calorie goals) is going to be a more accurate way to track your fat loss (i.e. real weight loss).
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    OP, did you get ALL of that?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    try2again wrote: »
    I just want to thank all the posters involved in the discussion about starvation mode and credible sources. Curiosity led me to google "starvation mode" to see what a person would find. Mixed bag, of course, but it led me to this awesome article that I will be sharing a lot:

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/

While not a scientific study or scholarly article, it's a great layman's explanation firmly grounded in the science for those who want to know more. :)

Terrific link and worth the read, thanks.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    ceiswyn wrote: »

I’ve just started losing weight again after starving myself for three days straight and after six days of eating and gaining weight abit each day I’ve just started burning fat again and losing weight. You were right lovelysavannah. Thank you. Would you be able to teach me some things please lovelysavannah? I was so scared I would just keep gaining and today I was shocked to have my weight going down like you said it would thank you.

Don't get hung up on the daily changes on your scale. They do not reflect actual fat loss on a day to day basis. Your body is mostly water and your weight is constantly in a state of flux due to small increases or decreases in the amount of water in your body. Those changes are all due to normal functions of the human body and you can't control them. You will see these changes as small movements on your scale (i.e. your weight may suddenly go up 1kg or down 1kg from morning to evening), but they don't reflect your actual fat loss. This is why people advise not to weigh yourself daily... weighing yourself weekly (if you stick to your calorie goals) is going to be a more accurate way to track your fat loss (i.e. real weight loss).

It's fine if a person wants to weigh weekly as opposed to daily, but they are still subject to the same fluctuations and may hit a particularly "high" day for them. So no one weigh-in tells the tale... only the trend over many weeks.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,937 Member
    try2again wrote: »
    ceiswyn wrote: »

It's fine if a person wants to weigh weekly as opposed to daily, but they are still subject to the same fluctuations and may hit a particularly "high" day for them. So no one weigh-in tells the tale... only the trend over many weeks.

A great argument for weighing more frequently and using a trending app.