JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your baby good wishes.

It's a new week and I intend to make this a good Monday.

So JFT 4th February

I will log on mfp and stay within calories. I have an unhappy stomach today presumably as a result of the unhealthy food I ate yesterday. I don't want to feel like this, so will eat better today.

I will continue the back exercises.

Continue looking after all family pets and do some housework.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. FINISH THE ESSAY. Draft discussion post 5. Duo.
    3. Put laundry away. Lang8 journal entry. Blog post.
    4. 2-mile (8 lap) run at the park. Type key for Burke readings.
    5. Finish Week 5 lesson plans. IDENTIFY WLGs. Submit the essay (that will take most of the day, honestly).
    6. Chop celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch for Monday.
    7. Therapy exercises. Gratitude journal. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9. Alarm set for 5:50. Monday: Finish essay conferences and enter grades during planning. Offer hugs as students enter/leave. Review Friday check-in.

JFT Monday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Coffee! Log 1 item. Take shoes! Warm car. Update JFT by 7 AM.
    2. Before school: EMAIL LESSON PLANS. PRINT. Update class websites. Print study guides for Act 5. Update WLGs.
    3. Class 1-2: Go over WLGs. Act 5 study guide / conferences. HW: Caesar Prediction / indefinite pronouns.
    4. Planning: A - Duo. Grade late work. B - Input grades. Initial discussion post. C - Draft Week 6. Read blog posts. D - Two discussion comments. Check on Week 5 project. Blog comment.
    5. Class 4: Go over WLGs.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Strength 4:30. Zumba 5:30. Call parents (mine).
    8. Therapy exercises. Prep Tue lunch: Saag. Prep cheese. Chop celery. Pack lunch bag. Gratitude journal. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45, devices off by 10:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    Today: 192.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others?
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Feb 7 12:00 w new. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for FTN (Feb?) Audition for Avenue Q March. Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

@toaljasa - Thanks for that make-a-good-day image. I appreciate you! :D

Word for the Year: Climbing - Sometimes it feels like I'm climbing out of a pit. :(
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    2/4 day 28 Have been missing the last few days while at the quilt retreat. Hard to log when you don't know the size or content of the items so took a short vacay from logging. Back on track today. Tried to limit what I ate at the retreat, Included salad and smaller portions of the main meals (no second helpings) still, glad I no longer eat that way all the time. I felt stuffed.

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    JFT(MONDAY)
    UP AT 5 NO EXCUSES.....actually got up at 4:16 a.m.
    DRINK one REPLACE one......👍
    Read/ Pray/Release......👍
    Take Meds and drink.....👍
    Took daughter to work👍
    Exercise...👍
    Drink ....👍
    Read!! ....👍
    Do Some Paper work/mail
    Take A Break
    Noon snack and drink
    Exercises for my knee
    Read!!!!
    REMINDER: CALL AND RECHECK APPOINTMENT SCHEDULE🌟
    Take a nap
    Eat dinner early
    Conference Call at 7:30 p.m.
    Read at 9 and log by 10
    Lights out by 11:30

• alexhayg
    alexhayg Posts: 96 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Feeling hungry today, so my plan is to stick having a healthy tea. So the goals for today are

- resist the biscuits and treats at the office.
    - resist snacking before tea is ready
    - Do my exercise this evening
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,494 Member
    Options
    No time right now to catch up on four pages of JFT I missed over the weekend. Friday evening I got a not good news update about cousin with cancer, and I snacked after, so net calories RED. I can be an emotional eater upon occasion. Weekend was spent mostly at home, and I cooked chop suey on Sat. and chicken in mustard on Sun. Walked 3.3 mi on treadmill Sat. & x-trained on Sun. Net calories -143 Sat. and -173 Sun. I really would like to to better at keeping net calories nearer to zero. :#

JFT 2/4 M ~ Reset early alarm & no workout before work. Icy roads & eating at my work desk today.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings (I mostly forgot over weekend)
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged w/ wiggle room / stick w/ plan / net calories zero / no snacks after supper / 14c water
    3) Locate & update JFT monthly goals & weekly w-i
    4) Evening: get home safely / bake apple crisp or Kodiak Cake power muffins (need to use up fruit) / declutter 15 min. / other to-do's
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / set/verify alarm (what's up w/ settings?!?), bed & tv off 10:20 (treadmill before work T)
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    It's 11:03 a.m. here in North Carolina. Great Day! Beautiful Sunshine! Prayers for those who are
    hindered by the weather. Love and Hugs and Hopes for all of your success today!
    Comfort and peace to @mytime6630 , @frenchfancy2014 , @HEGoddard0928 , and CONGRATULATIONS🎈
    @littleblackskirt, Hope you're feeling better today everyone who has or is dealing with flu/cold/sinus/ or
    ANY TYPE SICKNESS, HURT, or Discomfort.
    Love, Hugs, from Me to you💖🙏💠
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    The word of the day: Discovery Finding something unexpectedly during a search; the act of becoming aware of something.

Many of us have found this desire to lose weight to be much more than just weight loss. While we have been searching for ways to lose weight we have discovered traits and insight into our very being.

So this morning I pondered just what discoveries I've made about myself over the last year. The top 9: 1. The main reason I fight being fat is gluttony (and a small amount of the unexpected (such as when I learn that we are moving again)). Not anxiety. Not my past. Knowing the why helps to gain the correct weapons for battle! 2. This is a life long health journey. 3. I have the ability to stay focused on a goal. 4. I am capable. 5. However, I am stronger when I have likeminded people walking alongside me. 6. I can make a difference in someone's life. 7. I can resist. 8. Although I am getting older, I still have purpose, and a desire to live life to the fullest. 9. I've come to realize it's not the end result, but the getting there that has become so important.

It is unlikely that I would have discovered these traits and how strong of a person I really am if I had not embarked on this journey a year ago.
    What have you discovered about yourself since you began striving to lose weight?
    28m1knnwkeeo.png

May we find inner peace and an abundance of joy as we continue to discover who we are and how wonderfully made we are!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for being a lousy friend lately! I struggle during the winter months when I don't get outside enough. I'm taking Vitamin B Complex and Vitamin D3 trying to combat the lethargy and lack of energy I get, but it's not working out for me real well yet! LOL

I'm struggling to remember to log into MFP and journal my food, check in here with goals, check into my other groups and be accountable. I've been really naughty, but that stops now! I chose the word tenacity this year for a REASON! I will have the tenacity to keep pushing through and starting over as many times as I have to in order to make this lifestyle change. I will have the tenacity to keep fighting to win back my health and take back my life. Period.

So, although I don't have time right now to go back and read the past few days' posts, I am going to quickly post today's goals and plan to read and catch up with y'all later tonight!

Just for Monday:
    • Journal every bite
    • Eat only while sitting down.
    • Be mindful and take the time to enjoy what I eat.
    • Drink half my weight in ounces of water
    • Activity: 250+ steps 9/12 hours today; 30 minutes of activity; walk up flight of stairs x5 and down the stairs x5; FitBit step goal >6,000; Unplanned opportunities for exercise (5 somethings? park further away?).
    • Move it Monday Challenge: check in
    • Update my Beck's ARCs and other index cards. USE THEM!
    • Give myself credit for good choices I make
    • Positive and kind self-talk. I have no need for negativity.
    • Enroll Maddie in Doggy Day Care during lunch today; stop at Fresh Tyme market for salad bar; buy new gratitude journal.
    • Listen to podcasts: Half Size Me is new today! Woo Hoo! (I really like that one! :mrgreen:)
    • Finish my Top 3 tasks today
    • Catch up on posts on JFT and Healthy Habits threads and then unplug by 8:00 p.m.
    • Evening Routine: Wash face and moisturize / Calm app / Gratitude Journal / Simple Abundance

This week's I will:
    1. Shop for clothing that fits for the Arizona trip and make sure you feel comfortable and confident.
    2. Buy two new notebooks so you can start new Gratitude Journal & 2019 bullet journal since 2018's are filled up.
    3. Pay bills
    4. Budget for February
    5. Start the big basement declutter challenge with DH
    6. Send birthday cards out
    7. Finish up binding on Casey's quilt and mail to Bex!
    8. Renew my membership to gym
    9. Go tanning & spend some time in the massage chairs to decrease stress
    10. Have difficult talk with KL, at least begin thinking about approach.
    11. Shop for 3 new work outfits that FIT
    12. Buy 2 new pairs of jeans that FIT
    13. Buy new pair of winter boots. Mine are leaking! :confounded:
    14. Pick up new pair of dress shoes for work that are more suited for winter
    15. Start Donate or Sell/Toss Out/Keep piles

• toaljasa
    Options
    @PackerFaninGB: Make sure you are taking the correct amount of the vitamin D :) It's awful going through the day with a muddled mind and barely making one foot go in front of the other.

Peacea and joy
  • toaljasa
    Options
    @mytime6630 Ugh. So sorry about the struggles with your daughter. And you are right, it is a tough predicament. Do your cousins live long distance or will you be able to go for a visit? Hugs, double hugs, to you.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,777 Member
    Options
    JFT - Sunday Feb 3 Determined
    2L of water 😕 1.5
    Calories in Maintenance - 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile - 😂 I must have chasing the Grands but it wasn’t purposeful
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 1/5
    Only 1 evening Snack -🙂 NONE
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂

JFT - Monday Feb 4 - Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

I had a good weekend, although not working I feel like everyday is a weekend. I’m very thankful that I don’t have to be out on the roads today. I did go with my daughter to pay the property taxes, but am home again now.

A friend of mine called and asked me what the job I am excited about is, I told her and she thinks it would be perfect for me. I met her at a mutual friends wedding 12 years ago, she was looking for a job and I hired her. We’ve been friends ever since. She told me to visualize myself in the position, how I will feel going to work everyday and the people I will work with. I am doing this, the problem will be if I don’t get it, I’ll be very disappointed.

I am out of projects now since the birthdays are done. I think I’ll work on something for me for a while.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,777 Member
    Options
    Bookmeister86 - I don’t think I would be successful doing the calorie surplus each week like you have been doing. I would have the tendency to think “of I can catch up tomorrow” and tomorrow never comes.

Zizzybumble- how do you not be an evening snacker? I was raised with evening snacks, the only person I knew growing up that wasn’t an evening snacker was my Grandmother and on the rare occasion she chose to have something, it was an orange or apple. If I could follow my Grandmother’s “diet” I would be set!

Toaljasa - interesting question. I think I need to give this some serious thought. The only thing I have come up with is I’m not disciplined enough, but I know that’s not the whole picture.

Mytime6630 - so sorry to hear about your cousins, I have cousins that are like siblings too so I get it.
    Your poor daughter, it must be so hard on her. Would being hospitalized for a bit help her more do you think? I know that it may make it worse at first but long term would it be better? It’s such a tough situation for all of you.

PackerfaninGB - my doctor keeps telling me to take Vitamin D all year long. For 10 years Alberta Health had Vitamin D tested with routine bloodwork and they found that all Albertans need 3000 units a day year round to keep their levels where they should be. She said that living in this Northern climate that even being outside every day in the summer all day is not enough to replenish.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    JFT, Sunday, Feb 2
    1. log all food :/
    2. stay within planned foods :/
    3. eat one evening snack ... then brush/floss teeth :/
    4. mindful eating :/
    5. January Challenge - red cup challenge. 8+ glasses water :/
    6. never give up. Remember how great feeling fit and eating healthy will feel. Do not kick myself when summer gets here for not trying harder. Discipline! :/

Yesterday was a very hard day. It started out great ... I ate a very healthy breakfast and lunch, and had my dinner all planned ... all well within my calorie limit. It was a beautiful day out ... almost 68 degrees, so I went on a LONG walk ... 3 hours of walking .... 9.25 miles! I felt great. Then I got home.
    Got a call my a very close cousin. Her sister is battling cancer, but right now that is in remission. But it is the type of cancer that the remission never lasts once chemo starts, so I thought that was why she was calling. But no, it was about her brother , my other cousin. He had his colon burst, so needed emergency surgery, and now has a colosposy bag. So that alone was serious, but then he developed a blood clot in his lungs and his legs. So he was going for emergency surgery. So I was so worried about him. These cousins are like siblings to me.
    Then ... my daughter was working yesterday, came home, her eyes as big as saucers. Anxiety really high. She says she going back to her apartment.. that staying with us makes her depression worse, her anxiety is worse, etc etc. We have a very quiet household. My hubby and I are downstairs almost all day working. So she has her space. In the evening, hubby is usually downstairs, and I am in my sewing room. So she does have her space and her freedom. I told her that the doctor told her it was here or the hospital. She got upset, stormed out the door. So I ate. Anything I could .... bridge mix, trail mix. Well, at about 10pm she did come back, telling me maybe she should do what the doctor said. So she did stay with us last nite. But today, I am writing a letter to the doctor, and to disability. I know she is working too much , and I don't know what they will do if they find this out, and I had not let them know. Its a tough spot to be in. Nothing she earns is saved ... its all gone to her church, or to her clients. She can only manage 1 hr a day working, but even that, puts hher over the $$ limit for disability. So we are in a tough predictament.

So my goals today are simple... since I still feel miserable binge eating last nite
    Monday, Feb 4
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. mindful eating
    4. red cup challenge
    5. feb challenge ... drink water ... brush my teeth ... go out for a walk. Anything but eat
    6. remember my weight goals for the year.
    My heart goes out to you on all levels Sister. I hope I had a right now word of encouragement for
    you. We are going to lift you up not only in our prayers, but we are holding you even now.
    I hope your cousins come through and that the clots dissolve. I hope your heart eases
    and that all of your efforts for your daughter get a positive outcome.
    Love you💝
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Getting back in a habit of daily goals! Not having the structure of work full time throws me off big time. But today instead of just putzing around I'm working around the house with purpose. I've pinpointed what is bothering me and am working on those things; piles of clothes, air matress that needs to go away, little things that I can SEE progress on are helping.

JFT Monday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 6 waters
    3. Finish laundry to completion - put it away!
    4. Empty dishwasher
    5. Be kind
    6. Hot tub to relax
    7. Pay cable bill

JFT Tuesday AM
    1. Up by 7
    2. Smoothie for breakfast
    3. Fish Oil and Elderberry

I LOVE YOU BUNCHES😁 GET IT GIRL! 👏👏👏🙌
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630. Sending hugs to you.

@PackerFanInGB Hope the vitamins help you feel better soon. Be tenacious!

@Snowflake1968 No will power involved, I don't remember ever having snacks in the evening beyond a glass of milk. I still have milk most nights before bed. I did work in a children's home at one point and they had hot buttered toast for supper and I quite happily had some of that but would never have thought of making it for myself. I don't have a sweet tooth either but I do like my food and wine.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    I'm sorry for being a lousy friend lately! I struggle during the winter months when I don't get outside enough. I'm taking Vitamin B Complex and Vitamin D3 trying to combat the lethargy and lack of energy I get, but it's not working out for me real well yet! LOL

I'm struggling to remember to log into MFP and journal my food, check in here with goals, check into my other groups and be accountable. I've been really naughty, but that stops now! I chose the word tenacity this year for a REASON! I will have the tenacity to keep pushing through and starting over as many times as I have to in order to make this lifestyle change. I will have the tenacity to keep fighting to win back my health and take back my life. Period.

So, although I don't have time right now to go back and read the past few days' posts, I am going to quickly post today's goals and plan to read and catch up with y'all later tonight!

Just for Monday:
    • Journal every bite
    • Eat only while sitting down.
    • Be mindful and take the time to enjoy what I eat.
    • Drink half my weight in ounces of water
    • Activity: 250+ steps 9/12 hours today; 30 minutes of activity; walk up flight of stairs x5 and down the stairs x5; FitBit step goal >6,000; Unplanned opportunities for exercise (5 somethings? park further away?).
    • Move it Monday Challenge: check in
    • Update my Beck's ARCs and other index cards. USE THEM!
    • Give myself credit for good choices I make
    • Positive and kind self-talk. I have no need for negativity.
    • Enroll Maddie in Doggy Day Care during lunch today; stop at Fresh Tyme market for salad bar; buy new gratitude journal.
    • Listen to podcasts: Half Size Me is new today! Woo Hoo! (I really like that one! :mrgreen:)
    • Finish my Top 3 tasks today
    • Catch up on posts on JFT and Healthy Habits threads and then unplug by 8:00 p.m.
    • Evening Routine: Wash face and moisturize / Calm app / Gratitude Journal / Simple Abundance

This week's I will:
    1. Shop for clothing that fits for the Arizona trip and make sure you feel comfortable and confident.
    2. Buy two new notebooks so you can start new Gratitude Journal & 2019 bullet journal since 2018's are filled up.
    3. Pay bills
    4. Budget for February
    5. Start the big basement declutter challenge with DH
    6. Send birthday cards out
    7. Finish up binding on Casey's quilt and mail to Bex!
    8. Renew my membership to gym
    9. Go tanning & spend some time in the massage chairs to decrease stress
    10. Have difficult talk with KL, at least begin thinking about approach.
    11. Shop for 3 new work outfits that FIT
    12. Buy 2 new pairs of jeans that FIT
    13. Buy new pair of winter boots. Mine are leaking! :confounded:
    14. Pick up new pair of dress shoes for work that are more suited for winter
    15. Start Donate or Sell/Toss Out/Keep piles

Lady we love you and understand. I empathize with your struggles. You're doing better than you think...
    Why? You may ask... Because you keep coming back. That says you're a fighter! You want this!
    That says you're determined and you're WINNING!! EVERY SINGLE TIME WE PUSH PAST
    THAT NEGATIVE VOICE THAT TELLS US WE CAN'T/STOP/WHAT'S THE USE?..WE'RE GIVING DEFEAT A BLACK EYE!!!
    WE'RE PUNCHING OUT THE DOUBT.
    Sorry for shouting. I'm just passionate about this journey, and even more passionate about seeing each of
    us get what we deserve. QUALITY, POSITIVE, HEALTHY LIVES. To enjoy our families without being
    exhausted from the heaviness of our bodies. Heaviness isn't body weight alone, it's also those nay sayers,
    those wrong thoughts that keep us pressed down, those wrong connections.. Such as addictions,
    toxic people who position themselves in your life to drain you. Leaning on food instead of talking
    through what's eating away at us.
    I LOVE MY SISTERS😅
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 4 February

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January water challenge :)
    February evening challenge :)

As I'm not an evening snacker, I've modified the challenge to teeth and facial routine as this is an area I could improve on