What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• RhiAnLewis17
    RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    Chit-Chat should be retitled Scuttlebutt Lounge.

I'll provide the water cooler, we can all stand around it.

Do we have to stand? I mean, I haven't quite given up enough to want to sit, but maybe I can lean?

You have two options here: lean on the water cooler. Risky.
    Or, lean on the counter that I'm putting the water cooler next to.
    Make your move. Choose wisely.

Water cooler. I like to live dangerously. And I can hit on everyone as they're getting water.

I like your style.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/feduc.2017.00046/full

This seems to be the new controversial topic of conversation at work. It’s definitely thought-provoking.

So

many

words!

Thought provoking, for sure, because it's something that I've never actively thought about before.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    When I turned 30, I decided that I was going to start writing fiction.

I turn 40 later this year, and I just did the math--I've (so far) made $13/year selling stories.

I'm glad I'm not planning to retire on my writing earnings, heh. It also has me really questioning why I wanted to start writing fiction in the first place? I've done a lot, and my memory isn't always great, and I know it was a goal but I cannot recall why I even made it a goal.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    you ever been in a public bathroom stall and someone starts trying to jiggle the handle on the other side to get in? like bro its obviously shut and locked what you thinks gonna happen here?

anyhow i think im gonna start barking like DMX whenever that happens from now on

did they knock on the stall door?

no just started pulling on the door handle straight away. like cmon man its obviously locked why you gotta make things weird between us
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    I can get sad, but not depressed.....i have bills, but not in debt.......i have to work almost everyday, but i love what i do.....i have aches and pains, but am in great health......i am a loner, but love the few i do share time with.....

Life could be vastly different depending which half of the sentence i chose to focus on.....i choose the second half, i choose to be happy

I feel the same exact way Bro...
    That's a great post and really sets the tone for my day in a way I'm most fortunate for...

Thanks for sharing
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Considering the whole stigma (that I was unaware of until mfp 😂) around grey sweatpants...

Are they inappropriate to wear outside of the home 🤔... Like say, to my dentist appointment this morning...
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »

Do we have to stand? I mean, I haven't quite given up enough to want to sit, but maybe I can lean?

Right? I've had a long day. Gimme a damn chair!

I'd settle for a counter

I’d be happy to just be included🤷‍♂️

You have to be included! You're the only one who entertains my nonsense.

I'd settle for a counter

Idk if you can be trusted with a counter, have you read the instructions?
    aavy1stxnsvb.gif

I'd settle for a counter

Idk if you can be trusted with a counter, have you read the instructions?
    aavy1stxnsvb.gif

Dumbass did that in socks. SMH How did he not see that coming?

I was going to say...step 1: remove socks
    I love your nonsense😻😻
    you ever been in a public bathroom stall and someone starts trying to jiggle the handle on the other side to get in? like bro its obviously shut and locked what you thinks gonna happen here?

anyhow i think im gonna start barking like DMX whenever that happens from now on

Next time yell “come back with a warrant!”
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Super Bowl ratings weren't down this year because of Colin or the whole issue about concussions... Super Bowl ratings were down this year because they sent the wrong team to the freaking Super Bowl like usual

It's not political nor physical issues that have hurt the NFL's ratings it's the money that has hurt the NFL ratings... They got what they wanted, they wanted to tap the LA market... And now the NFL has to reap the consequences of following the money rather than the sport
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Super Bowl ratings weren't down this year because of Colin or the whole issue about concussions... Super Bowl ratings were down this year because they sent the wrong team to the freaking Super Bowl like usual

It's not political nor physical issues that have hurt the NFL's ratings it's the money that has hurt the NFL ratings... They got what they wanted, they wanted to tap the LA market... And now the NFL has to reap the consequences of following the money rather than the sport

Superbowl blackout this year for many. Over 50 million less viewers isn't an issue they can ignore. Then again, prior to the Superbowl, many franchises haven't been able to fill seats or move merchandise. Courting LA is one thing, to follow the money, only that franchise owners complaints is reflective of a humongous dip in interest.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

no just started pulling on the door handle straight away. like cmon man its obviously locked why you gotta make things weird between us

I found it impossible to not read this with a British accent
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

Why?
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options

cee134 wrote: »

Why?

Because he said "straight away", maybe.