Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

Replies

• LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    I had forgotten how helpful it is to meet fruit and veggie goals in keeping calories under control. By the time I fill up on those I don't have as much room for the sweets I love. 😊
    I agree. I’m working towards sticking with WFPB and it definitely helps to crowd out the processed with fruits, veggies, whole grains, legumes. Fiber fills you up! 😊

WFPB ?? What does that stand for?
  • shannonlynne67
    shannonlynne67 Posts: 62 Member

[/quote]

WFPB ?? What does that stand for? [/quote]

Whole food, plant based.
    I had to Google it. Lol.
  • skf1201
    skf1201 Posts: 116 Member
    Good Morning everyone - we have mild weather here today by me. I'm going for a run in the park at 11 - if I do 3 miles, easy, then I'm signing up for a 5k on Saturday.

I was out walking in snow at below freezing temps yesterday. I do earn a badge on my Garmin. LOL. How was your run in the park?

• allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    skf1201 wrote: »

I was out walking in snow at below freezing temps yesterday. I do earn a badge on my Garmin. LOL. How was your run in the park?

My run was awesome thanks. Did my 3 miles. Upper 50's, sunshine, lots of other runners to wave/smile at. Really I can't wait for consistently mild weather to run more outdoors. ALSO - they open the flush toilets after freezing temps are gone - LOL !

We haven't had any real snow to talk about ... YET ... Hope I didn't jinx things.

Hooray - you earned a badge !

• cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,454 Member
    @NCBlessings that beach is gorgeous, you are very fortunate! thanks for sharing
  • NCBlessings
    NCBlessings Posts: 35 Member
    solieco1 wrote: »
    @NCBlessings how beautiful! That fed my soul this morning :) Morning happy people - Eat something pretty, move in a way that brings a smile, give yourself a high five!
    It definitely does! I live so close and don’t go nearly enough. Trying to get a few walks in this week. ☀️
    cory17 wrote: »
    @NCBlessings that beach is gorgeous, you are very fortunate! thanks for sharing
    Thank you, yes I am. I don’t take it for granted. I am very grateful. 🙏🏻 ❤️ 😊

• skf1201
    skf1201 Posts: 116 Member
    Not weight or diet related but I've had a bad day. I messed up at work - and it's a bad one. Feeling really down, and unusual for me I can't find anything positive. Couldn't even get an "it'll be all right hug" out of my husband.

PartyPerson, I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling down. Sending you virtual hugs 🤗

• NCBlessings
    NCBlessings Posts: 35 Member
    edited February 2019
    LynnJ9 wrote: »
    I had forgotten how helpful it is to meet fruit and veggie goals in keeping calories under control. By the time I fill up on those I don't have as much room for the sweets I love. 😊
    I agree. I’m working towards sticking with WFPB and it definitely helps to crowd out the processed with fruits, veggies, whole grains, legumes. Fiber fills you up! 😊

WFPB ?? What does that stand for?

Whole Food Plant Based. I’ve been vegetarian on and off my whole life, but lately I’ve had a lot of issues with inflammation and hives and I knew I needed to cut out dairy and as much processed food as possible. I actually really feel best when I’m eating plant-based: Fruits, veggies, whole grains, legumes, & nuts (minimal) since I’m trying to lose weight right now.
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Not weight or diet related but I've had a bad day. I messed up at work - and it's a bad one. Feeling really down, and unusual for me I can't find anything positive. Couldn't even get an "it'll be all right hug" out of my husband.

So sorry to hear you had a rough day. Hang in there and sending you cyber-hugs!
  • MountainTopMom
    MountainTopMom Posts: 65 Member

Here's a virtual it'll be all right (((hug)))
  • tensquaredlives
    tensquaredlives Posts: 47 Member
    January was a whirlwind of activity and I knew it going in so I did not have high expectations. Now that I am through that and things are settling down I plan to really focus on getting new habits started again. My foot issues are slightly better this week (Achilles tendonitis) so I am hoping I am on the road to healing once and for all. It's been about 6 months since I could walk normally. I am starting with some yoga this week just to get my body stretched out again.

Spring is on it's way which means gardening and home improvement projects. I love doing this kind of stuff and love the hard physical labor it takes. I will work hard all day and not care at all but getting on a treadmill or a climber is like torture to me.

I am off for a noon walk with my dogs. It's sunny today here in rainy Oregon. Yippee!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,600 Member
    I'm going to give it a go!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 wrote: »

Not sure how this works do you weigh in on a Friday?
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,725 Member

No weigh-ins in this thread. You are welcome to post that info if you like. This thread is a place to share your successes and failures and just generally support each other.

There are lots of support groups and challenges on MFP that do a weekly weigh-in. Search for them - I'm sure others reading this can point you at some groups, too. I'm in a year long challenge right now - I don't know if they are adding members now, but it can't hurt to ask. Post a request in the thread below.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10710490/all-members-ask-questions-other-group-wide-posts/p1

• annliz23

No weigh-ins in this thread. You are welcome to post that info if you like. This thread is a place to share your successes and failures and just generally support each other.

There are lots of support groups and challenges on MFP that do a weekly weigh-in. Search for them - I'm sure others reading this can point you at some groups, too. I'm in a year long challenge right now - I don't know if they are adding members now, but it can't hurt to ask. Post a request in the thread below.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10710490/all-members-ask-questions-other-group-wide-posts/p1

Thanks for your help.