30 Day Shred with me?

Options

Replies

• h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    May I join? I just did Beginner Shred workout 1 today. I’m so out of shape
    I decided I better do the BS instead of 30DS or RI30 so I don’t give up. I really need accountability and invite you all to friend me!

I am also skipping the scale and doing measurements only. The last time I stuck to 30DS for 4 months I lost a lot of inches and really toned up. Of all the various workouts I’ve tried over the years, Jillian’s give me the best results.

Good luck to all and feel free to reach out if you need encouragement...I know I do!😂

Take 30DS, RI30, BS, throw in 'Shred it with Weights' (no kettlebell needed, there is a variation with dumbbell), and top it off with 'Yoga Meltdown'.
    They are all similar in setup and duration, even share some of the same exercises. I hate for the same body parts to get hammered for a week in a row, and I mix and match workouts from all DVDs. I can always chose between levels, and make it a bit harder by adding weights. For me, this takes the boring out of the workout. I just finished 2 months of this, working up endurance and mobility for a demanding weightlifting program.
    Best of luck to all!
  • alannaenewman
    alannaenewman Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Did Level 3 Day 1 today..challenging but I liked it! More variety so it moved faster I felt. I am also thinking of mixing up Ripped in 30 and Yoga Meltdown next week. I did the Yoga last week after a treadmill workout (jog/walk) and it was nice! Kept my heart rate up plus stretching everything plus my 5 year old joined in too. He does yoga at school! :)
  • laurendawnnn
    laurendawnnn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I took the weekend off since my kids passed a cold off to me. I did day 9 lvl 1 today. Wasnt too terrible getting back into it. Just need to finish it this time around.
  • cmon288
    cmon288 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Day 10 Lvl 1 Complete. It was a struggle. I really didn’t want to workout today. I’m glad I did though. On to level 2 tomorrow.
  • smal48
    smal48 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi, can i join? Did day 1 level 1 today - need to get fit after having my second baby 2 months ago. It did wonders after my first was born 3 years ago so I know I can do it, but I’m gonna need to force myself!

It was hard going but I did it all except the push ups. I’ve never been able to do press ups, even the modified ones! I just planked for that bit.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    smal48 wrote: »
    Hi, can i join? Did day 1 level 1 today - need to get fit after having my second baby 2 months ago. It did wonders after my first was born 3 years ago so I know I can do it, but I’m gonna need to force myself!

It was hard going but I did it all except the push ups. I’ve never been able to do press ups, even the modified ones! I just planked for that bit.

Try doing wall push-ups to build up to knee push-ups.
  • smal48
    Options

Thanks! Did wall press ups for day 2 today - much better! Still embarrassingly hard though 😊
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options

Thanks! Did wall press ups for day 2 today - much better! Still embarrassingly hard though 😊

Push-ups are hard! I don’t know that I’ve ever done a real one? Maybe one day I will be able to!
  • normalicia11
    normalicia11 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Finally made it to level 3, it was hard but I enjoyed it .
    Welcome to the new girls on this group, stay strong, if you stay consistent you will see the results at the end.
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

Pushups can be rough. I still prefer to practise close to regular ones to the knee-pushups. I find the knee pushups don't quite hit the right spots.

My training tip:
    Try some that are similar to decline pushups (those would be the ones with the feet up on the bench, head down...) But instead being head down, use a bench or a piece of furniture that will allow you to support your legs from feet to knees, no higher than the length of your arms off the ground. Your body needs to be parallel to the ground from knees to head. You'd be forced to keep a straight body, like a plank, but you'll be able to adjust the distance between your hands and the bench as you progress. Having only half of the body to push up will help a lot, and you'll have the benefit of already practising the correct form for 'real' pushups. Simply keep sliding forward, until only the feet are on the bench, as you get stronger. You'll be killing regular AND decline pushups in no time!
    Best of luck!
  • laurendawnnn
    Options
    Had to take another day off because my little one would wake up every time I moved (she's sick). I finished lvl 1 day 10 today, thinking about doing lvl 2 day 1 if I can get her in bed quick enough.
  • cmon288
    cmon288 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 1 level 2. That was interesting. I could feel myself doing the moves wrong. I felt so awkward. Hopefully tomorrow is better.
  • alannaenewman
    alannaenewman Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I did Level 3 day 2 yesterday. Haven't lost much weight but definitely see the differences!
  • laurendawnnn
    Options
    Lvl2 day 1 done. Feeling good! I think I had my butt up too high doing the plank Jack's though.
  • meganmoschops
    meganmoschops Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Level 3 day 3 done. Feeling so much fitter than when I started 30DS! Wondering what to do when I’ve finished. Quite tempted to do it all again and see if I can be more Natalie?
  • smal48
    Options
    Day 5 lvl 1 done! Already feeling the difference. And oh my god, I’d forgotten how listening to my own music rather than Jillian makes it go so much faster!!
  • smal48
    Options
    Level 3 day 3 done. Feeling so much fitter than when I started 30DS! Wondering what to do when I’ve finished. Quite tempted to do it all again and see if I can be more Natalie?

Wow you’re nearly there! You could do it again more like Natalie and with heavier weights? It’d be interesting to see how you find level 1 again!
  • laurendawnnn
    Options
    Lvl2 day 3 done. Just with the stretching at the end my flexibility has increased so much. I do stretch longer than she does though.
  • normalicia11
    normalicia11 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hi, how is everyone doing?
    I just finished day5 of level 3, getting close to the end. Yay💪
  • laurendawnnn
    Options
    Woo 5 days left! Congrats! I'll be doing lvl2 day 6 today. Then hopefully sneak in a nap before my older kids get home. My youngest woke up at 330am and thought that was a great time to start the day.