February 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    @garygse great race report! I have definitely teared up at or right after the finish line before.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq have you considered taping hand warmers in your shorts to keep your backside warm? :lol:

I was thinking maybe add some shorts as an additional layer. The butt coat probably helps, but cold air is still getting up there. I tend to double (or triple if it's really cold) the running tights and that helps. Ski trousers also keep you warm but mine impede movement and make a swish-swish sound when I run.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq have you considered taping hand warmers in your shorts to keep your backside warm? :lol:

I was thinking maybe add some shorts as an additional layer. The butt coat probably helps, but cold air is still getting up there. I tend to double (or triple if it's really cold) the running tights and that helps. Ski trousers also keep you warm but mine impede movement and make a swish-swish sound when I run.

Oh, I've totally been wearing shorts as a mid-layer over my leggings and under my butt coat. When it's really cold (sub 10-ish) I add long underwear but any warmer than that and the rest of my legs are too warm. Honestly, I think a lot of the reason this has been such a struggle is that there's such a disparity between how cold my butt gets and how cold the rest of my legs get. I ran 90 minutes in 16 degree weather yesterday with a single layer from thighs to ankles and was completely fine. I ran a half marathon in 30 degree weather in shorts! It's just the bleeping hamhocks...