Gaining Weight Females Group

Options

Replies

• tracitrace1990
    tracitrace1990 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. Is there anybody else here who is looking to simply gain weight to get back to a normal and healthy weight range, not to build muscle? After a year and a half of neglecting my body and not eating during the day I am frail, tired, gaunt and unhappy. So im here simply to get back to health and happiness. I went from being a happy 60kg to an unhappy 51kg, just from not looking after myself while i ran after my two girls. I hope to see changes in my energy and I'm really excited to get my old face back, its so gaunt looking now
    Trace 😙
  • preciousleks
    preciousleks Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. Is there anybody else here who is looking to simply gain weight to get back to a normal and healthy weight range, not to build muscle? After a year and a half of neglecting my body and not eating during the day I am frail, tired, gaunt and unhappy. So im here simply to get back to health and happiness. I went from being a happy 60kg to an unhappy 51kg, just from not looking after myself while i ran after my two girls. I hope to see changes in my energy and I'm really excited to get my old face back, its so gaunt looking now
    Trace 😙

Hi
    Am here to gain weight not muscle. Am currently 66kgs from 54kgs.
    What is helping me gain weight is eating.
    I make sure not to skip my breakfast, lunch and dinner. I eat 2,200 calories a day.
    Precious
  • letsgain01
    letsgain01 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Trace 😙

I'm with you there but I am going to start working out just cause I miss it
  • Converse4239
    Converse4239 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want in.. Ive been gainning weight on and off for the past 2 1/2 years slowly.
  • samantha4553
    samantha4553 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 100 lbs definitely in need of weight gain. But at 5'8" and 138 lbs you seem to already be at a healthy weight so I'm not sure why you're worried?
  • Leijing
    Leijing Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in! ...well, at least until I fall off the wagon again and stop logging my food. :s
    I'm 5'0" and currently 106 lb (up from 98!). While I'm wanting to gain weight, I'm not necessarily trying to "bulk up". I just started Jiu-Jitsu, and I have a feeling that the muscle mass will come with training. Any suggestions for post-workout snacks that I can stick in my gi bag? I'm usually ravenous after training and don't want to get in the habit of stopping somewhere for a snack on my long commute home.
  • preciousleks
    Options
    Leijing wrote: »
    I'm in! ...well, at least until I fall off the wagon again and stop logging my food. :s
    I'm 5'0" and currently 106 lb (up from 98!). While I'm wanting to gain weight, I'm not necessarily trying to "bulk up". I just started Jiu-Jitsu, and I have a feeling that the muscle mass will come with training. Any suggestions for post-workout snacks that I can stick in my gi bag? I'm usually ravenous after training and don't want to get in the habit of stopping somewhere for a snack on my long commute home.

welcome to the group. We can do this. 145lbs from 119lbs.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Leijing wrote: »

Peanut butter and banana sandwiches!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Portable post workout snacks: protein bars, trail mix/nuts/seeds, banana, apple, pretzels, juice box, meal replacement shake...
  • Matarts
    Matarts Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    it looks like there is only few females who want gain weight?

I want to gain sooooo badly
  • Matarts
    Matarts Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Matarts wrote: »
    Hi...it will be much easier if we go to whatsapp..how about that.

It's against the privacy rules to give out phone numbers or other private information. That.

Ooh ok... I didn't know that
  • jenkae1012
    jenkae1012 Posts: 9 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Some reassurance for you guys.... (or shall I say girls/ladies?!!) It's totally possible to gain weight, mostly in muscle and reduce your body fat at the same time. I know because that's what I did.

I'm 5'4" and 2 years ago I weighed only 118 and had a body fat percentage of 19%. I was working out 2 to 3 times a week, but wasn't tracking my meals, macros, calories etc. I also wasn't really supplementing very well because I didn't have the knowledge.

Now I happily weigh 131 lbs, have only 9% body fat. So I've put on significant lean muscle mass, which I'm very happy with! The differences now from 2 years ago is that I've upped my weight training routine, hitting the weights 5 to 6 times a week, going heavier, training with more intensity, and I'm thoroughly supplementing with all the necessary nutrients, and I'm tracking my macros to ensure I'm taking in enough fats and protein and keeping my carbs down.

[edited by MFP Mods]
  • preciousleks
    Options
    Matarts wrote: »
    it looks like there is only few females who want gain weight?

I want to gain sooooo badly

Welcome to the group then
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    jenkae1012 wrote: »
    Some reassurance for you guys.... (or shall I say girls/ladies?!!) It's totally possible to gain weight, mostly in muscle and reduce your body fat at the same time. I know because that's what I did.

I'm 5'4" and 2 years ago I weighed only 118 and had a body fat percentage of 19%. I was working out 2 to 3 times a week, but wasn't tracking my meals, macros, calories etc. I also wasn't really supplementing very well because I didn't have the knowledge.

Now I happily weigh 131 lbs, have only 9% body fat. So I've put on significant lean muscle mass, which I'm very happy with! The differences now from 2 years ago is that I've upped my weight training routine, hitting the weights 5 to 6 times a week, going heavier, training with more intensity, and I'm thoroughly supplementing with all the necessary nutrients, and I'm tracking my macros to ensure I'm taking in enough fats and protein and keeping my carbs down.

[edited by MFP Mods]

Yeah...this doesn't sound very likely at all. While it is possible that you did gain some lean muscle mass, I find it hard to believe those %s. 19% is already quite lean for a woman, so most wouldn't aim to recomp at that point, usually bulk, which would also add fat, and then cut.
  • jenkae1012
    jenkae1012 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

[edited by MFP Mods]

Yeah...this doesn't sound very likely at all. While it is possible that you did gain some lean muscle mass, I find it hard to believe those %s. 19% is already quite lean for a woman, so most wouldn't aim to recomp at that point, usually bulk, which would also add fat, and then cut.

I just got my body fat tested via Hydrostatic method, which is the most accurate way to get your body fat percentage tested, and its indeed 9.9% . I was surprised too!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

[edited by MFP Mods]

I just got my body fat tested via Hydrostatic method, which is the most accurate way to get your body fat percentage tested, and its indeed 9.9% . I was surprised too!

Do you have a photo ? 9% is very striated and ripped, like figure or physique competitors stepping on stage lean. To give you an idea
    vd30r4zavv91.jpg