JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    gschoen2 wrote: »
    I’m always looking ahead for the future but I like the idea of this thread! I feel it’ll help keep motivation instead of overwhelming with future goals. I’m in ! ☺️ my over all goal is to lose 25 lbs . But rn I want to focus on just dropping another 5 as I have already lost 55!

Great job on losing the 55 pounds!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sunday 17 February

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)

Clean the kitchen :)
    Put sheets and towels away :)
    Tidy bedroom :)

The weekend went by so quickly! Here's to our achievements next week; I will be concentrating on water and will have to remember my word and be methodical if I'm to find the time to meet my excercise goals.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    JFT SUNDAY
    CHURCH
    THAT'S ALL TODAY.

IT'S AFTER 7 AND I'M KID SITTING AGES 4-9...(3 children... 2 girls and 1 boy)
    Great Sunday!😁
    It's been raining here so outside activities on hold. Supposed to rain most of the week.
    I will have to improvise.
    Love you all.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    JFT, Sunday
    1. log my food .... all of it :) Had 3 pieces of pizza, but I did not have any evening snack. A real win for me... giving that I am so stressed. Daughter needs money ... no money saved... disability only goes so far.
    2. concentrate on drinking water. I know water makes us feel full, helps us to lose weight, helps us feel better. So remember these things. :)
    3. it is going to be in the upper 30s today. Even though it is a cloudy, dreary day ... go outside, even for just a 15 minute walk :/ Went and clean my daughters apartment instead.
    4. brush/floss teeth tonite right after dinner to remind me that my eating is over. No nitetime, stress, comfort eating. :) About 9 I really wanted something... brushed my teeth .. got my water!
    5. cut back on diet soda ... maybe one today, no more. :) Had just one!!

JFT, MOn
    1. log all food ... all of it
    2. concentrate on water
    3. only 1 diet pepsi
    4. brush teeth after 1 evening snack

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    I can do really good for 3-4 days, then I get out of control again. I am in that state right now. I think for years, I have used food as an escape... a way to not think about things.... a distraction. Even though I do a lot of sewing, and during the summer I am busy gardening, etc., the long winter always gets to me. I don't want to take medication, but I know I must suffer from seasonal depression ... hubby tells me I have been this way for 45 years. And ... this has been a LONG winter!! I need sunshine, and more fresh air. So what do I do ... eat.

The long winter is rubbish isn't it? I don't think I have Seasonally Affected Disorder (SAD) but the weather definitely affects my mood.

There are bits and bobs of sunshine here and there though - I'm starting to think that I should prioritize getting outside whenever that happens. Maybe you should too? (Maybe you already do).

There are actually some lamps that you can get for SAD, an ex boss of mine used to use one in the office for an hour or so every day and swore it worked wonders. Might be worth looking into if you're finding it hard?
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Had a bit of a rubbish weekend diet-wise, and mood-wise Sunday. Going to draw a line under that and move on.... New week new start

Today am going out for dinner with a friend which will present challenges - will indulgence a little, but stay within maintenance.

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stay within maintenance
    - 3+ bottles water

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving
    - Give myself credit!

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Stay positive
    - Leave work at 6.30pm
    - Train home by 22.45 latest

Weekly calorie balance: 0

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Monday 18 February

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Quick walk before work
    January challenge
    February challenge
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Im totally the same, i have more bad days than good.
    I do use food too, but more so i think i have dermatrillomania (sp?) Which is basically skin picking disorder. I pick at any blemish even if it causes pain, i think it actually comes under OCD.
    Dont know whether to go GP now or when ive moved.

I dunno, feeling a bit blah atm!
    Big hugs! Love you x

Bex, I think I'd ask myself the following: how well do I get on with my current GP, is this new behaviour (is it related to additional stress/is early intervention likely to help before it becomes more established), now I've become aware, is there anything I can do to distract myself or make it harder for mindless picking?

Hugs
  • 13ecca4
    13ecca4 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    13ecca4 wrote: »
    JFT - Friday
    Log all my food on MFP and stay under my calorie goal. ✅
    15,000 steps✅
    Drink 2 bottles of water.✅

JFT - Monday
    Log all my food on MFP and stay under my calorie goal.
    15,000 steps
    Veg for lunch and tea
    Drink 2 bottles of water
    Try and go to the gym

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Didn’t get on here yesterday but I had a planned day off from tracking as we were celebrating my mum’s birthday. Started the day with a lovely gentle jog with my older daughter in some glorious early spring sunshine. Then went off the rails a bit, but pulled myself together and went to bed early. Only to be woken up by one of the kids who said she felt a bit sick then promptly projectile vomited all over the floor. So I’m tired and grumpy today. Will see what I can manage and hopefully get back on track.

Monday goals
    - rest morning - stay within reduced calorie goal
    - School shoe shopping with the kids
    - Water!
    - Put away laundry
    - Take daughter to dance class/ sleepover
    - Quality time with younger daughter (rare to get some 1-2-1)
    - Warrior class??
    - Early night

Will catch up with everyone later x
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    My weekend was good food-wise until last night when 2 choccy biscuits slipped under the radar and were eaten almost before I realised! Doesn't take long to eat a biscuit lol. They were leftovers from Christmas.

Still feeling under the weather, bored of being stuck at home.

JFT 18th February

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Do some housework
    Repot scented geraniums
    Plant some seeds for summer
    Look into a cheaper utilities deal
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Good morning! I am exhausted this morning, not sure if it's from my workouts or shark week.. lol.

Feeling pretty determined as this is the first weekend in MONTHS I've actually stayed on track. It has helped me see that fitting in things like Chinese food and bumming around playing World of Warcraft can still be done while staying active, accomplishing the tasks I've laid out and staying within my calorie goal.

Yesterday 2/17:

1. Stay within calorie goal 😁
    2. Get minimum 4,000 steps😁
    3. Do workout😁
    4. Wash towels😁
    5. Wash clothes😁

JFT 2/18:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Go for a walk at lunch
    3. Put away laundry from yesterday
    4. Wash a load of laundry
    5. Pickup and prep something for the crock pot tomorrow
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,069 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    JFT 2/18/19, Mon.
    *Weigh (this will not be pretty):
    *Make it thru workday without coworker, again-already have stressful issue to face when I get in. Oh well. Such is life and I'm thankful to have a job & be working
    *exercise of some sort-even if just 5 minutes
    *stay in green
    *jan. Red cup challenge
    *move trash cans back after pick up
    *go to class
    *be more time conscious today-not same as punctual, but don't know how to express this
    *reschedule dr appointment
    *spend at least 15 minutes decluttering/cleaning/straightening up

Hope everyone has a lovely day, today, & meets their JFT goals.

• awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Sunday
    1. TRX workout 👍
    2. Log all food👍
    3. Healthy lunch choices👍
    4. Healthy dinner👍
    5. Drink 100oz water👍

JFT Monday
    1. Day off from work. Don’t go crazy off your regular routine
    2. Drink 100 oz water
    3. Log all food
    4. Do app workout this evening
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!! A NEW START! FORGET YESTERDAY AND CONTINUE THE JOURNEY😁👏👏👏
    WE GOT THIS! YOU MAY GIVE OUT, BUT DON'T GIVE UP! AND BY ALL MEANS LOVE YOURSELF AND STOP WITH
    THE NEGATIVE WORDS BEATING YOURSELVES UP!
    "I NEED YOU! YOU NEED ME! WE'RE ALL A PART OF ONE BODY...YOU ARE IMPORTANT TO ME
    I NEED YOU TO SURVIVE"
    THIS IS A TEAM OF FEARLESS, FABULOUSLY FANTASTIC FRIENDS!! NO ONE LEFT BEHIND!
    COME ON!!! YOU CAN DO THIS! YES YOU👊.. THE PERSON READING THIS... YOU CAN ACHIEVE,
    BELIEVE!! I BELIEVE IN YOU! I'M WITH YOU IN SPIRIT! I'M SWEATING, AND ACHING, AND GRUNTING,
    AND PUTTING IN THE EFFORT. EFFORT = EFFECT= PROGRESS= WINNING.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    fj5wi4p9ldrq.jpg
  • JennyBean8
    JennyBean8 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How do you post in this group? I don’t know where to go! Lol!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Sunday
    1. Grade novel analysis projects for sophomores.
    2. Check on B. Grade Socratic discussions for sophomores.
    3. Type Burke key. Type American folklore analysis idea.
    4. Walk? Try to avoid the rain.
    5. Grade freshman essays and enter grades.

JFT Monday
    1. Post discussion 1. Walk to 4k.
    2. Grade Socratic discussions for sophomores. Enter grades.
    3. Comment on 2 blogs. Type key for one Burke article on the drive home.
    4. Plan out projects for week 1-2.
    5. Choose recipes. Update grocery list.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Strength 4:30. Zumba 5:30. Lang8 journal entry.
    8. Therapy exercises. Prep cheese. Chop celery. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    Today: 185.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Feb 7 12:00 w new. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for FTN (Feb?) Audition for Avenue Q March. Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

It has been SO NICE being on the eastern side of the Central time zone instead of the western side of the Eastern time zone. I love well-lit mornings! Of course, it's helped that we don't have school today, so I "slept in" until 6:30 when it got light out. But at home it doesn't even START getting light until 7 AM! And that's when we have to LEAVE for school :P