RUN THE YEAR 2019

Options

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Im still alive :-)

I will not hit 100 by the end of the month - maybe 60. My back injury from 12/29 is completely healed, now if I can get my laziness factor to go away.

I have committed on multiple platforms to running/walking tomorrow morning before work. It will be dark - I have my flashing lights handy :)
  • JLynne217
    JLynne217 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! I'm working on the RTY2019 Challenge, too! I'm in Athens, GA...

Beka3695 wrote: »
    @Charlene____

WELCOME!!! We are excited to have you!!!

• Beka3695
    Options
    JLynne217 wrote: »
    Hey y'all! I'm working on the RTY2019 Challenge, too! I'm in Athens, GA...

@Charlene____

WELCOME!!! We are excited to have you!!!

Hi Neighbor!!!!! I'm in Ellijay, GA!
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I am aiming to hit the 100 mark this month.
    I have been lazy but REALLY need to get it together. (this cold weather suckkkkks)
    gg4uasuzf0nx.png
  • Beka3695
    Options
    my morning plans were shot.... It was still raining when I arrived at work. I was too chicken to run in the rain. I did wear my workout clothes to work (then changed) so I plan to put them BACK ON and get on the elliptical as soon as I get home.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    my morning plans were shot.... It was still raining when I arrived at work. I was too chicken to run in the rain. I did wear my workout clothes to work (then changed) so I plan to put them BACK ON and get on the elliptical as soon as I get home.

Good for you! Always have to be adaptable. I'm doing the same thing since it's currently a blizzard here today.
  • Trashen
    Trashen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I will be joining the RTY2019 challenge group and would love to join the journey to discipline challenge as well. How do I sign up for the Journey to Discipline? I know I just need to move this body now.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Just scheduled a 5k for Saturday.... First REAL race since Thanksgiving
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Trashen wrote: »
    Hi all!
    I will be joining the RTY2019 challenge group and would love to join the journey to discipline challenge as well. How do I sign up for the Journey to Discipline? I know I just need to move this body now.

Hi @Trashen! Sorry for the delayed response. I just saw your post here on MFP. I'd love to have you join my group. I have one more slot left. When you log into your RTY account, down the left-hand side of the screen, you should see the word "Teams." Click on it, and it should give you a way to find my team, "The Journey to Discipline." The only other way I know for you to join is for me to send you an invite, but I'd need the email address you signed up with RTY to do that. I'll keep an eye out for your request to join the team. Happy walking or running. :smile:
  • Beka3695
    Options
    I have a 15k in a week and a half. I have SO not been training properly. My partner and I decided to just do what we can do and suffer the consequences. We just hope we don't get pulled out of the race for low speed :#
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I have a 15k in a week and a half. I have SO not been training properly. My partner and I decided to just do what we can do and suffer the consequences. We just hope we don't get pulled out of the race for low speed :#

I bet you guys will do just fine!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    6 Days till my 15k.... So, when doing BIG races like this (20k people) - I totally get a nervous stomach. Is it ok to take Imodium the night before or should I just deal with it?
  • Beka3695
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Ok, 15k pics!!!
    wcnhzedt3p9u.jpeg
    editorn5fpu87l36l9.jpeg
    8l03zspxx8l0.jpeg
    oqjiv2owlodm.jpeg
    w4/2yfxxptdwd7e.jpeg
    da1aj1cplnwk.jpeg
    bmbfo9d32rv8.jpeg
    bfxq0t007ank.jpeg
    946p2o4oda14.png
  • Beka3695
    Options
    I hate that the pics load in a strange order
  • Beka3695
    Options
    SHOE QUESTION

My favorite shoe is a Saucony trail running shoe.

When I started running I wore an ASICS cross-trainer. I liked them a lot. I replaced with NB runners. OMG THOSE SHOES SUCKED!!! I then went to the Saucony trail shoe. I liked bc where we run is not often just clean asphalt.

I have bought Mizuno runners. I wore them in my last 5k and my feet hurt so bad.

I went back to it Saucony for the 15k and they were fine, but have started feeling worn out. I have searched for them online bc I like them so much, but only found them in Europe.

Tonight, I found them in ALL THE COLORS on a discount shoe website for $50!!!! I bought mine at DSW for like $80.

How crazy would it be if I bought like 5 pairs? That would last me for like 2.5 years.

I guess I’m looking for justification to buy a lot of shoes.
  • Beka3695
    edited February 2019
    Options
    ALL THE SHOES!!!!!
    lo31zzrvzw7v.png
    dbri2na7dx1b.png
    cb458qq6dd1o.png
    jmec42565ubl.png
    pw0rqacqrzxl.png
  • Butterchop
    Butterchop Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    SHOE QUESTION

My favorite shoe is a Saucony trail running shoe.

When I started running I wore an ASICS cross-trainer. I liked them a lot. I replaced with NB runners. OMG THOSE SHOES SUCKED!!! I then went to the Saucony trail shoe. I liked bc where we run is not often just clean asphalt.

I have bought Mizuno runners. I wore them in my last 5k and my feet hurt so bad.

I went back to it Saucony for the 15k and they were fine, but have started feeling worn out. I have searched for them online bc I like them so much, but only found them in Europe.

Tonight, I found them in ALL THE COLORS on a discount shoe website for $50!!!! I bought mine at DSW for like $80.

How crazy would it be if I bought like 5 pairs? That would last me for like 2.5 years.

I guess I’m looking for justification to buy a lot of shoes.

I did this with the Brooks Ghost 10 when they went on sale. I got shoes for my birthday, anniversary and Christmas. I think this strategy is really popular among runners who love a specific shoe.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    pla7pv1ygiul.jpeg

We hit 400 miles yesterday!!!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 Those are my favorite trail shoes!!!!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Half marathon is Saturday.
    I just finished packing my bags - leaving straight from work tomorrow.
    Sitting in a bubble bath about to shave for the last time until mid next week 😂😂

I have done a lot of reading on running and taking Imodium - I will start dosing tomorrow around 9 pm 🤣🤣🤣