Options

JFT 18th February

Log everything YES
    Stay in the green NO, FINISHED ON 1515
    Do some housework LITTLE BIT
    Repot scented geraniums NO, WAS RAINY AND WINDY, DIDN'T WANT TO GO OUTSIDE
    Plant some seeds for summer DITTO
    Look into a cheaper utilities deal DONE! TOOK AGES

I'm going to treat today, Tuesday, as the start of the new week :) Yesterday I ate the last 4 biscuits in the recently discovered packet (500 calories!). I don't know why I decided to eat them, and I didn't feel good physically afterwards. I don't usually buy biscuits so won't be buying any more.

JFT Tuesday 19th

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Do something to reinforce my desire to lose weight
    Get outside for a walk before it rains

• awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I’ll make it easy and say that pretty much everything was a fail so I’m starting over today.
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Go to gym
    4. Meditate twice
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Gave up trying to sleep at 3:00. You know, there are fewer people at the gym at 3:30 than there are at 4:30. Got my cardio & lifted upper body, but my blood sugar tanked a bit so I skipped core. Maybe later. People are very confused at work, I’m almost never here before 7:00. Having some tangerines to boost the blood sugar then I’ll have to wrap my head around work. Y’all have a lovely day.

@Snowflake1968 the invitations are beautiful.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! In a bit of a fog this morning so I'll keep this short. Today is my 1 year anniversary at my job, that went by fast!

Yesterday 2/18:

1. Stay within calorie goal 😁
    2. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    3. Put away laundry from yesterday😞 nope.. It's still on the foot of the bed..
    4. Wash a load of laundry😁
    5. Pickup and prep something for the crock pot tomorrow😊 picked it up but it didn't really involve much of and prep so I just tossed it all in the pot this morning

JFT 2/19:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Go for a walk at lunch
    3. Leave work by 5:15
    4. Workout after work
    5. Put away ONE of the loads of laundry
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    I have been a terrible friend the last month or two. I'm so sorry ladies! I don't know what's gotten into me! I used to be such a faithful follower/poster. It seems like my whole schedule is out of whack. I think it has to do with the fact that my eating has been so poor. I'm almost back up to the weight I was when I started this journey! I can't believe it! I'm pretty depressed about it. I really need to figure out how to change this. I was going to go to the gym yesterday but realized I haven't paid this month's membership because we've been so tight on money. I can probably pay it today after I make a deposit but it kind of killed my day yesterday. I took a four-hour nap because I took my meds in the morning instead of the night before. Because I forgot to pick them up from the pharmacy. And by the time I remembered it was well after 9pm. So I took them yesterday morning and then slept most of the afternoon because of it. Since I slept so much yesterday. I woke up at 4:30 this morning! I have a friend who lives in a different time zone who was still awake so we chatted for a while. Matt got up at 5:30 for work. I still have about 45 minutes before I have to get ready for work so here I am.

I need to figure out how to set a schedule. When I was unemployed last year it was so much easier to have a schedule. I know that sounds insane but because I had all the time in the world I had set times to do set things and I could spend time on MFP a lot more. I had more control over what I ate and when I could go to the gym. I didn't spend 9 hours a day sitting down and I wasn't so tired by the end of the day that I didn't want to go to the gym. I was cooking regularly instead of relying on takeout and I was following our budget instead of flying by the seat of my pants and getting in trouble.

I know what my problem is. I've always known. I have zero discipline. None. Nada. Absolutely zilch! The only thing I've ever really had discipline about in my life is when I quit smoking and that I go to work every day without calling out. THAT'S IT!!! Hell, I don't even have the discipline to come on here every day anymore. If I wanted to risk coming on at work I could do it then but I'm afraid to do that in case someone in the back office checks the computers. Does this count as social media? I know it's not facebook or twitter, but I still want to be careful. And we're not allowed to be on our phones all the time anymore. So I don't have much time to check anymore. And I don't really have time to write out a post at work in my email either. The last time I did that LM mentioned that that probably wasn't a good idea. So now I really don't have any time unless I do it before bed and then I forget what my goals are. And I never wake up in time or stay awake to do it in the morning!

I hate this! I need some sort of a plan. Does anyone have any ideas? Please help.

Also, sorry for the rambling post of utter woe. Thank you for listening. I guess I'm just in a bad place right now.

Okay onto some easy goals I hope to attain today.

1. Work 815-515(don't forget training)
    2. Go to the library on lunch re: application
    3. Drink 3 waters at work
    4. Make Sesame Honey Chicken for dinner(PULL OUT CHICKEN BREASTS!!)
    5. DISHES!!!!
    6. Bed by 10:30

Okay, I think that is it. Thanks again, ladies!

I would just ask your work, whoevers in charge of everyone, tell them youre healthy eating and theres an app/website that helps you log your food and track your calories and can you use it whilst in work on your breaks or whatever. Atleast that way you have a straight answer rather than worrying about being caught out.
    You dont have to tell them theres a community lol
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 oops hit post too early, im in the EXACT same boat as you though with discipline, i just got nothing.

I saw a Nike tshirt online, and the tick was upside down and said "i cant" LOL

I dont know where to start either.
    Hopefully we can get iut this funk together, we have both been in places where we could commit to this but maybe at the moment were hust finding that hard. Yet im confident it will come back sooner or later!

Xxx

Ps youre not a bad friend AT ALL
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    😁 Thanks @Bex953172 it's nice to have encouragement. I doubt they let me do it at work. My boss is a hard *kitten*. I think I might start emailing myself my posts again. That definitely seemed to help. I'm also bring my gym clothes with me. I don't get out of work until 515 but I have a feeling I'm going to need the stress relief. Lol. So maybe this will be the turn around.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    3zary19xpjxv.jpg
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'm ready for work SUPER early!! So I'm just pacing my living room. There are a few things I could be doing (including making my lunch. Lol) I think I am going to commit to coming on here at least once a day. I don't care when it is but I have to! I just have to. There's no if ands or butts about it!
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Tuesday 19 February

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Walk before work
    January challenge
    February challenge

Hi there! I hope you have a successful day! And I'm glad you joined us.🌹👏
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    JFT MONDAY
    CHURCH CONFERENCE CALL
    LIGHT EXERCISES TODAY.

JFT TUESDAY
    WAKE AT 6...PRAYER/SCRIPTURE READING 👍😀
    FRESHEN UP AND GET DRESSED 👍😀
    6:45 WAKE UP GIRLS ... Got one sick from last night through this morning... 👍
    7:50 OUT THE DOOR TO THE BUS STOP ... Mother of the children dealing with them.
    8:25 BACK HOME TO LEAVE ... GAS THE CAR, ... Plans changed. 😃
    9-9:15 PICK UP MIDDLE DAUGHTER
    DRIVE TO Charlotte to pick up Babygirl and have her at her appointment by 10
    Don't know what else after that... Will report tomorrow night.

• pridesabtch
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 sometimes its like life just swallows us whole. I have lost and gained and lost and gained so many times I can't count them and now I am losing again. I used to see my gains as failure, but I really think I'm slowly learning how to live a balanced life. Each time I was healthier about it, maintained the loss longer and learned things about myself. My fall back weight used to be 180-190lb, now my fall back weight is 140-150lbs. That is a net loss even at my worst of 40lbs. My low weight was 105 and I was a total nut case, so focused on diet and exercise that I was stressed and miserable to be around (according to the hubby). This go around I'm way less hard core and more patient with myself most days. Do I secretly want to be a size 0 again? Umm yeah. Do I feel it is a realistic place for me, nope, not right now. Maybe as I train, get stronger and get back on my bike my life will shift naturally to where that is maintainable. For now I'm shooting for 110 - 120lbs. It seems so far away, and life is so complicated, but for today I am choosing to set attainable goals and allow myself to be proud of me.

Faebert has a wonderful list of suggestions. I hope you know you aren't alone and I hope you can find your balance. Take care, Nikki
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    😁 Thanks @Bex953172 it's nice to have encouragement. I doubt they let me do it at work. My boss is a hard *kitten*. I think I might start emailing myself my posts again. That definitely seemed to help. I'm also bring my gym clothes with me. I don't get out of work until 515 but I have a feeling I'm going to need the stress relief. Lol. So maybe this will be the turn around.

I'm going to try to write you a longer post later, but a quick tip just for now: I take a screen shot of my post (on phone) and then refer back to it throughout the day (within photos) to remind me what my goals are! Feels like that might help you?

I'll try to write more later, I totally relate to your difficulty as I have it as well. For now I have to get back on the work I'm skipping :smile:

Hugs x
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Recap M 2/18 ~ Rest day & hubby off for federal holiday
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Hectic day & mostly forgot 5 somethings. Fitbit 10,430 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 36 floors :smiley:
    2) Meals & snacks planned, need to prelog / hubby is making beef stew for supper (I have everything set for him & he's done this before but rarely ~ he was raised by mother that thought cooking was woman's work, and she thought it was a joke when he started to help me in the kitchen) / net calories zero / 14c water = Wonderful supper/evening w/ hubby at home BUT evening snack attack of Brookside chocolate pieces. Net calories -171 :( , sodium green (yay), sugar -36 (yikes), fiber low-ish, protein good & 14c water (yay)
    3) Pre-event tasks for this week's seminar = :/ no time
    4) Complete UTH ROP testing as much as possible = completed fieldwork for inquiry & floor observation, summaries in progress :smiley: / shook hands w/ floor manager, who had head cold, and immediately washed my hands thoroughly after I left floor ~ haven't been sick all winter and don't want to be! :#
    5) Evening: hubby time <3:smiley: / prep bday card for middle brother :smiley: / fold line-dried laundry & put away upstairs :smiley: / decluttered coffee table (yay) :smiley: / loaded dishwasher & ran :smiley: (lazy way out)
    6) Unplug 9:00 :neutral: / FLOSS :smiley: / RETAINERS :smiley: / set early alarm, bed & tv off 10:30 :/ (a.m. workout & vote in primary before work)

JFT T 2/19
    1) Treadmill before work / 3 mi 49:24 + cool down + stretched = happy me :smiley:
    2) Vote in primary before work = done :smiley:
    3) Move hourly / pace at desk during noon webinar / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    4) Meals & snacks prelogged w/ lots of wiggle room (yay) / NO snacking after supper / net calories zero / 14c water
    5) Complete summary w/p's / start office summarization
    6) Pre-event tasks for Th seminar
    7) Evening: mail middle brother's bday card / put away clean dishes / fold hubby's work shirts & take upstairs / organize last tax docs / declutter 15 min. / prep lunch for W (snowstorm forecast & lunch at work) / other to-do's?
    8) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 (treadmill before work W)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Monday February 18 Determined
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in Green - 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂 2.75
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 4/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 😕 2 but had calories for it.
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂

JFT - Tuesday February 19 Determined
    2L of water
    Stay in Maintenance
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

I didn’t do a lot yesterday except clean my food cupboard, I bought some new canisters to put coffee, tea and sugar in as I have slowly been coming up with cheaper alternatives for hubby’s coffee consumption. He drinks 4-5 coffees a day. He used to go to Tim hortons and buy them and I switched him to Tassimo, then I switched to Keurig as the cups were cheaper. I then switched from coffee cream to half and half. A couple weeks ago I bought a reusable kcup, so I needed a place to store the coffee. My next switch is going to be the brand of coffee because I can buy Folgers for half the price of Tim’s. So that’s a long story for no reason lol

I am unsure what to do today, I have very few projects to do now, maybe I’ll return some bottles and then come home to clean.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Ghsimon1 - I started posting in this group late last March. It has been really helpful at keeping me on the right path. Keep coming back.

Faebert- I hope you feel better, it would be awful to be sick on your week home.

Nlmackey98- how do you survive on such little sleep? I would be starving all day trying to stay awake and no way could I put in a workday. Hope you get some rest tonight.

Bookmeister86 - learning what to do next time is valuable. Sorry it ended up being such a late night.

Littleblackskirt- do you have a favourite pair of pants or an outfit that is too tight to wear now? That helped me keep up my desire to lose weight to start. Now I want to do it because I feel so much better already, I can’t imagine what I’ll feel like when I get to where I want to be.

Awhit4842 - we all have fail days, starting over is the important part.

Hegoddard0928 - sorry you are struggling, you’ve had a pretty stressful couple of months though so it’s not a complete surprise.
    What about typing your goals up and checking in from the day before in the evening before bed, but only posting it in the morning. Then in the evening while you’re waiting for supper to cook you comment and respond to people. I get the takeout thing, I would do it everyday if I could, it’s so much easier, but it’s not healthy for our waistlines or wallets. I am not one to meal plan and cook ahead, so I sort of make quick and easy when I can. I will buy frozen chicken fingers and a bagged Caesar salad. I make extra potatoes with a roast one night to have leftovers for hot beef sandwiches to heat up a couple other nights. Or hot chicken. I but gravy mix because it’s quick and easy. I have found that the quicker I can make meals the less likely I am to get takeout. You use your crockpot a lot make extras so you can pop some in the freezer to have later. I never use mine, I’m nervous leaving it on when I’m not home. I’m a lazy and pretty plain cook so those are just my ideas. Someone that enjoys cooking might have better suggestions. To me cooking is like your dishes, an evil necessity.

Aubyshortcake- happy work anniversary!

Cschmitz110515- I have one of those husbands that thought cooking, cleaning and child rearing are all women’s work. He’s never really picked any of it up. My daughters tell me I spoil him. Last week I had to agree with them, he was being a model for Kaitlyn and I texted him and told him to grab himself burgers on the way home. He asked me why first, and then he texted me and asked me what he eats from A&W !!!! I was shocked, how do you not know what you eat! I’m always the one to get it though, that’s how.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Better late than never
    1. 2 more waters :)
    2. Cook chicken wings :)
    3. Log all food :)
    4. Bed by 10:30 :)
    5. Be kind, do grateful 365 :)

Feeling punky today. Keeping it simple
    1. Three more waters at work
    2. Eat packed lunch
    3. Log all food
    4. Bed by 10:30
    5. Be kind, do grateful 365
    6. Do 7 minute workout
    7. Cook dinner at home - Red lentil dal
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 no sleep is tough. Usually I’ll eat to stay awake, but today I have very little appetite just an overwhelming desire to lay my head on my desk. Up side is that I came in 2 hours early so I can leave 2 hours early. If I can tolerate it I’m going to try and go for a little hike this afternoon, but that’s very iffy.