Women in their 30s trying to get back on track!

Replies

• therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Shanel0916 wrote: »
    I will be 30 this year. Can I get in on the action? :D Lost 145 lbs previously. Gained it all back. I've lost 13 lbs since January 2nd. I am getting married March 2020. Add me y'all!

Congrats I'm getting married February 2020, I really want to be in great shape for my day.

Congrats girl! I feel you. I am not trying to be this size in my wedding dress.
    My fiance is a string bean who can eat whatever he wants, and then there's me. Lol.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    I will be 30 this year. Can I get in on the action? :D Lost 145 lbs previously. Gained it all back. I've lost 13 lbs since January 2nd. I am getting married March 2020. Add me y'all!

Congrats I'm getting married February 2020, I really want to be in great shape for my day.

My fiance is a string bean who can eat whatever he wants, and then there's me. Lol.

Husbands like that are the worst lmao! Kidding but not really. My husband has been trying to GAIN weight for years. He eats about triple what I do in a day and when I'm hormonal or really craving food this makes me hella pissy hahahaha
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member

Husbands like that are the worst lmao! Kidding but not really. My husband has been trying to GAIN weight for years. He eats about triple what I do in a day and when I'm hormonal or really craving food this makes me hella pissy hahahaha

GIRL. Let me tell you. He got on the scale one day and said, "OMG I am 167 lbs. This is the heaviest I have EVER been."

Boy, if you don't.. even after I lost 145lbs the first time, I wasn't even down to 167 lbs. I would give my left arm to be 167 lbs :lol:
  • Doaa1
    Doaa1 Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2019

YAY!! Congrats!! 🎊🎉🍾 and i hope you get what ever your hart wishes for
  • Doaa1
    Doaa1 Posts: 4 Member
    Feel free to add me. Tomorrow is my birthday I’ll be 34 😬 and decided this is my year. I’m going to lose the weight and be a better me.

Happy birthday !! 🎁🎂🎉
  • salleymo
    salleymo Posts: 50 Member
    Totally me!
  • abonnell16
    abonnell16 Posts: 3 Member
    I am 31 years old and getting married in July. Need help with motivation and keeping me accountable. Reading all of your above posts, sounds like we have a lot in common. Please add if you're interested in helping each other
  • robertaward872
    robertaward872 Posts: 2 Member
    Add me!!! Still haven't figured out how to add
    holly00722 wrote: »
    I need all the motivation I can get. Its so hard for me to lose weight now that I'm older. Anybody going through this too?

Add me!!! Still haven't figured out how to add

I'm new here too. My first day. If you figure it out, please let me know.
  • hlr1987
    hlr1987 Posts: 151 Member
    Hi, I'm 31 with two small kids and trying to lose all the baby weight properly. Just started back at work and I'm making breakfast and lunch ahead, and mostly trying to eat to my macros and get something sort of veg in every meal. Currently battling an unhelpful husband who starts moaning when I food prep that he doesn't understand why I just don't eat cereal. The weight is going down its just bloody hard work ignoring the pressure from my husband who likes an easy life.
  • 10lizzyrose
    10lizzyrose Posts: 7 Member
    Slightly older than the majority here, just turned 38. I have found such a shift in my body and being able to change it. It is so hard now. But I am persisting and getting there slowly but would love some extra support.
    Feel free to add me ☺️
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    37, two toddlers. I have two kg to go.
  • Miss_Snow_White
    Miss_Snow_White Posts: 64 Member
    I swear 3 months before I turned 30 it was like a hormone switch flipped in my body. I suddenly get sea /motion sickness, I developed orthostatic hypotension (my blood pressure just randomly drops an I get dizzy and light headed), I started having physical panic attacks, I developed a sensitvity to caffeine, acid reflux and my favorite .. rosacea. I was also injured which resulted in back surgery. Between medication, injury, and a period of depression while all if this was developing I gained 60 lbs. Girls let me tell you I'm a flipping mess and I'm not even 32 yet! I've lost 30lbs but the last 3 months I've hit this plateau and I can't break it. I've been bouncing around the same 2-3 lbs. I even tried giving up alcohol. When I was in my 20s I gave it up for a while and lost 15 lbs, I was hoping it would work again.. nope only lost 3 lbs this time. .. I need all the help I can get. Especially with my motivation lately. I'm feeling defeated
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I swear 3 months before I turned 30 it was like a hormone switch flipped in my body. I suddenly get sea /motion sickness, I developed orthostatic hypotension (my blood pressure just randomly drops an I get dizzy and light headed), I started having physical panic attacks, I developed a sensitvity to caffeine, acid reflux and my favorite .. rosacea. I was also injured which resulted in back surgery. Between medication, injury, and a period of depression while all if this was developing I gained 60 lbs. Girls let me tell you I'm a flipping mess and I'm not even 32 yet! I've lost 30lbs but the last 3 months I've hit this plateau and I can't break it. I've been bouncing around the same 2-3 lbs. I even tried giving up alcohol. When I was in my 20s I gave it up for a while and lost 15 lbs, I was hoping it would work again.. nope only lost 3 lbs this time. .. I need all the help I can get. Especially with my motivation lately. I'm feeling defeated

I started developing hip and knee pain from old injuries once I turned 30. I think 27-ish is when the body stops "growing" and starts just turning over cells - maybe it's related?
  • kttyson
    kttyson Posts: 77 Member
    29 here (close to 30) and looking for people to motivate me too
  • nitsirk00000
    nitsirk00000 Posts: 8 Member
    HELLO EVERYONE!! so im 35, just finished nursing school, now studying for my Nclex state exam! but GAINED 38lbs in college😯
    i went from 150lbs to my current 181, and my goal is to lose 30lbs! its so hard in my 30s but im gonna do it! i ABSOLUTELY love reading posts on my page, seeing others progress and motivating you as well, it really keeps me motivated! Please add me, so we share our progress and lose weight together! #letsenjoyour30s!
  • Mysunshinelife31
    Mysunshinelife31 Posts: 41 Member
    I just turned 35 and the last few years have been challenging in a good day. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and changed my lifestyle and reversed the diagnosis! But I must maintain a strict low carb/ sugar free diet and keep up with fitness if I want to stay healthy. I am here to make friends and motivate others who want to be healthy as well. Add me!!! :)
  • afigirl113
    afigirl113 Posts: 14 Member
    I will be 31 next week and I just had a baby 5 months ago. I’m struggling to lose weight so bad right now. I’ve changed my eating habits, have been drinking more water, and am slowly trying to be more active. I’m seeing zero results reflecting on the scale. I did really well early postpartum when I was nursing, but now that I’m not nursing I’m stuck.
  • ChezAliMarie
    ChezAliMarie Posts: 1 Member
    33 here! I’ve had MyFitnessPal for a while now, but I haven’t done much with it until now. My goals are to just to become healthier- weight loss is part of it (my poor joints and organs😬). I’m 4’11” and at my heaviest of 211lbs. Doctor says I should loose 100 lbs because of my frame. It’s so helpful being able to support each other! Let’s keep motivated y’all!
  • pinkfairy88
    pinkfairy88 Posts: 88 Member
    afigirl113 wrote: »
    I will be 31 next week and I just had a baby 5 months ago. I’m struggling to lose weight so bad right now. I’ve changed my eating habits, have been drinking more water, and am slowly trying to be more active. I’m seeing zero results reflecting on the scale. I did really well early postpartum when I was nursing, but now that I’m not nursing I’m stuck.

My weight was stubborn until about 6-7 months until my hormones decided it was OK to lose the fat as it wasn't needed. Keep at it. It'll come off!
  • meems251
    meems251 Posts: 84 Member
    39 here! I've lost 75lbs so far. Going for another 15.