Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Speaking of sick, holy cannoli I am in pain. My gallstone is trying to move. It's awful. 6/10 pain right now and worse when I move. I had to do a fast stop because someone pulled out in front of me driving today and I cried real tears. I am going to bed, but if I disappear this is why.

(if you noticed me missing from this week's fitbit hustle, it's because I can't imagine stepping much... Or caring.)

Oh my! I hope you are feeling better by now!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Still noped the gym this morning... It was -1(F), and I didn't want to take the time to allow my car to warm up, and then go. BUT I did do an at home workout instead... Totally kicked my butt!! It was like, nothing but burpees, and cousins of burpees, lol.

Way to still kick butt & I definitely don't blame you one bit on not going out in minus degree weather.

I still can't imagine how people in the upper midwest & Canadians deal with the extremely cold weather.

By covering ALL skin with three layers.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I am excited for the Oscars on Sunday! :#;)
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    This is my fitbit URL - you know I'm not a strong stepper tho

//www.fitbit.com/user/56MD46

I finally got to my laptop and sent you a friend request.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    I definitely don't need a gun to feel safe. I feel safe almost 100% of the time. The fact I carry a gun does not change that one way or the other.

This. I live in a rural area and am out on my own a lot. When seconds count, the police are 15-20 minutes away. Plus, they're not going to come kill a coyote for me. My kids are big enough to defend themselves from a coyote now, but they weren't always.

P. S. My brother shot a rabid raccoon not too long ago. Life in my rural mountains really is different.

I have a giant field beside me, like literally 20 feet from my patio with only a small fence separating. Lots of wild animals and coyotes live there, never once have I thought I need a gun because of that.

If you feel safe 100% of the time, why do you need a gun?

Maybe I should have said that I feel safe from people. I have a healthy fear of bears, packs of coyotes and rabid animals. The woods behind my house are literally lonely, dark, and deep.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    @quiksylver296 I have decided I hate the board. Everything I have left is ON Fire and I need help from other people who aren't helping.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    England is unnervingly warm. I feel like we are being lulled into a false sense of spring and then it’s going to suddenly dump a load of snow on us. According to the car it was 18C today, that’s just crazy warm for this time of year.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    England is unnervingly warm. I feel like we are being lulled into a false sense of spring and then it’s going to suddenly dump a load of snow on us. According to the car it was 18C today, that’s just crazy warm for this time of year.

I am pretty sure that we have all of your rain here in Tennessee, Lois. I made it to the grocery store and back, but I had to take a bit of a detour around a flooded road and am counting myself blessed not to be in a mudslide. I have seen reporting of four today in my region and one on Chattanooga where my oldest lives.
  • Lois_1989
    edited February 2019
    Options

I am pretty sure that we have all of your rain here in Tennessee, Lois. I made it to the grocery store and back, but I had to take a bit of a detour around a flooded road and am counting myself blessed not to be in a mudslide. I have seen reporting of four today in my region and one on Chattanooga where my oldest lives.

Touch wood, where we live isn’t really a flood zone so we haven’t had to deal with anything like that. And we are on a huge hill. And 5 floors up in a tower block.
    We do however have a blocked sink and the washing machine drains through the same pipes and I have a load of washing that won’t drain out so neither of us are doing well with water.
  • melissafeagins
    Options

Touch wood, where we live isn’t really a flood zone so we haven’t had to deal with anything like that. And we are on a huge hill. And 5 floors up in a tower block.
    We do however have a blocked sink and the washing machine drains through the same pipes and I have a load of washing that won’t drain out so neither of us are doing well with water.

At least Mother Nature will fix my problems eventually. I hope you can get your drain cleared quickly.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    It's oddly warm here too. Not quite 18c but warm enough I had the kids kicking a ball around outside without their big coats on. Weird!

I hope your flooding issues end soon Mel. My parents' house had 3 feet of sewage filled flood waters inside it in 2000 and it was not pretty. And we were actually lucky as it was just before we moved in so at least our possessions were untouched. Took them years and years to fix the damage though (floors and half the internal walls were ripped out). As kids we thought living upstairs for a couple of years was a fun adventure, but I bet my parents were stressed!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Ok... I am catching up

The weather is elfed. The river below my house is about to shed its banks. It has rained the last 16 or so days.

Ugh. Stay sane !!
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    It's a blessing from God to see this blue sky today and no rain in the forecast, but you can see the flooding too. (Photo stolen from weather cam near my husband's work and my dad's house.)
  • Lois_1989
    Options

At least Mother Nature will fix my problems eventually. I hope you can get your drain cleared quickly.

Argh it ended up being a nightmare! We chucked every unblocking chemical we had down the sink, boiling water, plunger, nothing worked. Danny ended up unscrewing the pipework and cleaning it bit by bit, but it was all pretty clear, so we decided the blockage was outside the flat where we couldn’t reach it. For whatever reason he tried blowing down the tube (we had cleaned it) and you actually heared something go and after that it cleared. So we ran the hot tap for a couple of minutes and, so far it has been fine. But what a MESS!

Sod’s law we’ll find out we broke a fitting or something and it’s leaking out into other flats. :# But we’ll see!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    It's a blessing from God to see this blue sky today and no rain in the forecast, but you can see the flooding too. (Photo stolen from weather cam near my husband's work and my dad's house.)

Glad to hear you had good weather!
  • melissafeagins
    Options

Argh it ended up being a nightmare! We chucked every unblocking chemical we had down the sink, boiling water, plunger, nothing worked. Danny ended up unscrewing the pipework and cleaning it bit by bit, but it was all pretty clear, so we decided the blockage was outside the flat where we couldn’t reach it. For whatever reason he tried blowing down the tube (we had cleaned it) and you actually heared something go and after that it cleared. So we ran the hot tap for a couple of minutes and, so far it has been fine. But what a MESS!

Sod’s law we’ll find out we broke a fitting or something and it’s leaking out into other flats. :# But we’ll see!

I certainly think you've had enough of Sod and his law in the last year so I hope it's just fixed.
  • melissafeagins
    Options

It looked beautiful, but it was in the 40s Fahrenheit (I am terrible at converting temps, I admit.) and we had 15-20 mile per hour winds with gusts into the 40s. It feels very cold when your out and about.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Finally warmed up here too! I woke up and it was 31F, and not -1! yay. But the dang wind howled all night. The weather says SW winds of 30-40 with gusts up to 55-60.

I just looked at my weather app, and now it says 2 above... Not sure why. I swear it was 31 (and felt like it) when I came in to work 45 minutes ago.. Weird...

...Checked Wunderground's map, and rewound it to 6:30 AM , and I'm not crazy, lol. It really did just drop nearly 30 degrees in an hour. :open_mouth: The weather here is crazy!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options

It looked beautiful, but it was in the 40s Fahrenheit (I am terrible at converting temps, I admit.) and we had 15-20 mile per hour winds with gusts into the 40s. It feels very cold when your out and about.

Ugh, That wind can just chill you to the bone! Maybe it'll help evaporate some of that flooding???