• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    utzrecxqlh5q.jpeg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Machka: At the moment our travel plans are on shifting sands. DH was happy with the idea of an RV trip but has been feeling awful recently and doesn’t want to go. He wants me to fly by myself to see the kids and grandkids. I’m not happy with this plan. He will see his doctor soon, and we can talk it over then. Keep your fingers crossed for me and for him. :star:

KJ: Your husband has the most arrogant and obnoxious brother I’ve heard of in years. I hope he stays out of your business in the future and that someone puts a cork in his mouth. :grumble:

Barbara: I’m sending good thoughts for your loan to come through. :flowerforyou:

Snowflake akaTracey in Edmonton: Thanks for your support. I’m hoping that DH will feel good enough that we can follow our original plan. Right now he isn’t feeling that good. I’ll pray while we wait and see. :heart:

Rita: I hope for a great outcome from your mammogram. As to the dogs, the little biter is not my favorite mammal today. Can she be muzzled or crated? :flowerforyou: (PS It isn’t our season to travel, but I will remember the good advice about rolling up the canopy if we’re leaving the site. Thank you! :smiley:)

Yvonne in TX: Thanks for sharing the “Let’s All Eat Right Day.” :bigsmile:

Pip: Love the puppy picture. :bigsmile:

I had a lovely time at yoga this morning and bought some groceries after that. When we got home I took some mail we received by mistake to a neighbor I haven’t seen in weeks. She’s been having health problems but today I was invited in, and we had a great chat. She’s looking so much better than the last time I saw her. :bigsmile:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Saw the results of some of the many blood tests my dr. prescribed last week. Seems I have way too much iron in my system. Curious as to what she will tell me to do. Love my red meat and shell fish and eggs.... :'( And, it seems that the wine I love doesn't help at all.

Carol in GA

Yeah, me too. I have borderline Hemochromatosis.

Because I had so many periods, people told me I must be anemic, and therefore I should take iron pills. I did ... and felt sick and generally much worse.

Then Drs started checking my iron levels and discovered that they are borderline high.

Now that my periods are much less frequent, I'll have to get that checked again to see if my iron levels are now definitely high.

https://www.hemochromatosis.org/

https://haemochromatosis.org.au/

M in Oz

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    Did Jillian Michaels Shred it with Weights DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Leslie Sansone DVD. It was very windy today and if it's windy tomorrow I’ll go to the Y and do it. Otherwise, I’ll do it at the clubhouse. One nice thing about doing a DVD at the Y is that I can plug it in and not worry about running out of battery.

After exercise, bought gas then went to two thrift stores, got 2 shirts that I’ll leave down here Put laundry in the wash. I completely forgot that it’s Monday so I didn’t get to crochet until almost 10. Unfortunately, the lady who could hopefully help me had already left. I’m just going to have to try doing it on my own

KJ – glad to hear you’re warming up. SCORE on getting all the things. So sorry about your hubby’s twin

Yvonne – when the dogs that didn’t get along got into it, what did you do to handle it?

Prayers for all those who aren’t feeling well. Hope you’re better real soon

Michele who is very very sad
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Yvonne: Is there anyway we can make everyday officially "Let's All Eat Right Day"?

Rita: Owwwwwww.

KJ: (((((hugggssss))))

Barbara: Crossing my fingers the loan comes through and you also find ways to make all the updates you're dreaming of.

Barbie: I enjoyed the Oscars last night, too. I had seen most of the movies, but not the one that won Best Picture. I attended the Academy Awards once in my 20's and worked as a seat filler. When the celebrities seated in the first 20 rows are pulled out in advance of their presentations, seat fillers pop into their chairs to make the audience look full. I was on staff of the Television Academy for 5 years, and was afforded all kinds of opportunities to see award shows in person, sometimes from backstage.

I'm happy to report that the car project is officially complete. The older car that was in the body shop was brought home last Thursday. On Friday I listed it on Autotrader. On Sunday, I had someone come for a test drive. This same person bought the car, and brought me cash today. Done and dusted! Poor DH isn't tracking all these changes very well as many times as I try to explain it to him. Eventually, he'll catch on that the big gold car in the garage is now ours. We brainstormed this afternoon and decided to name the new car Car Mella.

Month is almost over and I hope it takes all the cold weather with it. Today we got back our typical winter day temps with clear, sunny skies. B) Have missed the sun big time.

Now I have no excuse not to get back into the gym every day. Exercise has been very lax this month, which was good for the thumb and fractured pinkie, but not so great for my muscle tone. I managed to drop 1.8 lbs, which I'm thrilled about because it was an effort to cut back on 'calories in'. I don't do Keto, or IF and don't count macros. I do stop eating by 6pm, and will allow myself sugar free gum and herbal tea at night. Currently have 7 pounds to lose to reach new goal of 139. I'm 5'4.5".

So, let's do this, ladies. We can, we can, we can.

Rori
    still SMILING from lips, eyes and heart
    Colorado Foothills

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rori Yay for getting your car sold. Love "Car Mella". So clever. :)

Michele ((Hugs))

Katla Hope your hubbie's well-being bounces back soon. If he isn't well enough, it creates a dilemma. I know how much you want to see your kids and grandkids. (((Hugs))) :'(

Rita One of our Yorkies (Mabel) "corrects" her sister Molly occasionally. Fortunately they don't get into real fights, because Molly is submissive. Sorry you were bitten in the fray. :#

Karen in Virginia
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Machka, it says I don’t have permission to view that video, although there are a couple of others I can see.

Break your flight at Hawaii??

Heather, i certainly hope neither of you catch it! A sore posterior is just not fun. I DO like the way your granddaughter has her braids done! What sweet-looking children they are!

Lenora, i remember when I was a little girl on the drive home from our month on the Gulf every year the pecan trees would be just starting. I never got to see them in full bloom. And yes, you count fluid calories AND you count the ounces in all liquids. My dietician agrees with your dietician! Lol!

Okie! What a great picture!

Naomi, thats MY kind of chili, for sure. I love several kinds of light beans, a variety of peppers, a little corn and some garlic!

It’s late, and I’m not reading very well. Something is up w my left eye. I got it all glued shut this morning. Hope that doesn’t happen again. Kitties are telling me off. No wonder! It’s 1:30AM!!

Sharon Nearly asleep Near Seattle
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka: I am sorry that your registration system is so unpredictable. Are they having computer trouble? Personnel trouble? :huh:

I don't know what it is. It seems to me that they are very unprepared at the start of each semester in many ways. The lecture starts on Wednesday (day after tomorrow) and the unit outline isn't available yet. It's like, suddenly they wake up and realise they've got students coming and classes to organise. I've been to a lot of different universities and colleges, and this one is the worst for this.

Machka in Oz

In the ongoing saga of starting a new semester at university ...

About lunch today, I logged into my uni email just to see if there was anything interesting happening, and there were the usual welcome emails that appear at this time of year, and one that caught my eye ... some kind of announcement about my lecture.

Oh, I see ... they were changing the location. That's OK. I prefer the new location.

I was about to close the email, when something else caught my eye.

Not only had the changed the location, they had also changed the time. To Tuesday.

I'm going through life without a clue what day it is half the time, so for a moment I sat there trying to figure out when Tuesday was and then it suddenly dawned on me. Today is Tuesday!! The first lecture is today!! What time??

Well fortunately I had not missed it. The lecture has been moved to late in the day on Tuesdays. That's OK, but I could have done with more than 3 hours notice.

I feel like I'm in a pinball machine half the time!!

But ... one amusing thing ...

If you've watched the Big Bang Theory, do you remember when Amy and Sheldon broke up and Amy dated a tall British guy named Dave?

My new professor could be Dave!! :smiley::smiley: Only my professor has shoulder-length hair ... like he's partially in disguise or something.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Last evening, my husband and I stepped up to our volunteer duties for the biggest or one of the biggest (longest) cycling events in Tasmania.

A group of hardy cyclists had commenced the event on Sunday 17 Feb with a 200 km ride to the east coast. They took a day off the next day, then rode 300 km on Tuesday 19 Feb.

Another day off, and on Thursday 21 Feb, the group rode 400 km in northern Tasmania.

They had some of the 22nd and 23rd off, and then set off early in the morning of the 24th to ride 600 km. They had a "night stop" on the west coast. Faster riders were there several hours. Slower riders were there maybe about 3 hours. By 4:30 am, all the riders were on the road coming into Hobart.

Our job was to be at the finish for them, welcome them in, record their finish times, collect their cards, collect some spot trackers, and ring the cowbell (tradition). We had one fast rider in the group - estimates put him in at about 3:30 pm, but he slowed toward the end and didn't cross the line till 4:30 pm.

From then until 8:30 pm, riders trickled in ... a few riders on their own, some pairs or small groups. But all happy and relieved to be finished.

And well done to all of them!! 1500 km of cycling in 9 days!!

http://www.tdt.bike/

It makes me just a tiny bit jealous ... I'd like to be out riding events like that again.

Machka in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    im up and having tea.. still trucking along.. 2 months in on Keto and I am very discouraged I only weigh myself once a week.. and I am down 12 lbs, yes thats great.. but I am doing what I am supposed to do and im stuck..
    alright well enough about me.. going to watch Joyce.. and then get ready for work.
  • Machka9
    Options
    im up and having tea.. still trucking along.. 2 months in on Keto and I am very discouraged I only weigh myself once a week.. and I am down 12 lbs, yes thats great.. but I am doing what I am supposed to do and im stuck..
    alright well enough about me.. going to watch Joyce.. and then get ready for work.

You're down 12 lbs in 8 weeks. That's a fairly brisk loss. How much more do you want?
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    Katla - I really feel for you with your dilemma over your husband's health. I know you bought the RV because you felt it was a better option for holidays than strange hotel rooms and flights. I hope he soon feels well enough to embark on a new adventure. If you have to go on your own would he go to his sister for respite? Another option, if you could afford it, would be a really nice care home. Some of them are very luxurious, but they do cost. My thoughts are with you. <3

Quiet day today. Done my exercises and we have Swing dancing tonight. This afternoon I will make a trip to the supermarket for a few bits we can't get locally. I will go on the bus.

Hoping to write a few words this morning. :/

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    Review ... (Distances include cycling + walking + a bit of running)
    Mar-15 … 489.8 km (304.3 miles) = 38 hours 4 min
    Apr-15 … 491.94 km (305.6 miles) = 43 hours 6 min
    May-15 … 361.81 km (224.8 miles) = 35 hours 50 min
    Jun-15 … 569.53 km (353.9 miles) = 41 hours 53 min
    Jul-15 … 230.7 km (143.35 miles) = 32 hours 45 min
    Aug-15 … 211.3 km (131.3 miles) = 28 hours 8 min
    Sep-15 … 306.7 km (190.6 miles) = 35 hour 2 min
    Oct-15 … 441.82 km (274.5 miles) = 47 hours 43 min
    Nov-15 … 660.21 km (410.23 miles) = 60 hours 41 min
    Dec-15 … 499.91 km (282.8 miles) = 54 hours 56 min
    Jan-16 … 864.79 km (537.35 miles) = 65 hours 36 min
    Feb-16 … 470.53 km (292.4 miles) = 40 hours 39 min
    Mar-16 … 917.73 km (570.2 miles) = 66 hours 13 min
    Apr-16 … 417.83 km (259.6 miles) = 40 hours 23 min
    May-16 … 267.09 km (165.9 miles) = 36 hours 10 min
    Jun-16 … 552.1 km (343 miles) = 54 hours 48 min
    Jul-16 … 709 km (440.5 miles) = 60 hours 41 minutes
    Aug-16 … 775.9 km (482.1 miles) = 54 hours 52 minutes
    Sep-16 … 371.3 km (230.7 miles) = 32 hours 20 min
    Oct-16 … 649 km (403.3 miles) = 49 hours 46 min
    Nov-16 … 403 km (250.4 miles) = 52 hours 16 min
    Dec-16 … 511.05 km (317.55 miles) = 52 hours 2 min
    Jan-17 … 741.9 km (461.0 miles) = 70 hours 3 min
    Feb-17 … 600.5 km (373.1 miles) = 57 hours 30 min
    Mar-17 … 1113.2 km (691.7 miles) = 78 hours 25 min
    Apr-17 … 1181.9 km (734.4 miles) = 76 hours 45 min
    May-17 … 426.6 km (265.1 miles) = 39 hours 21 min
    Jun-17 … 575.7 km (357.7 miles) = 41 hours 53 min
    Jul-17 … 714 km (443.7 miles) = 52 hours 23 min
    Aug-17 … 475.8 km (295.6 miles) = 38 hours 41 min
    Sep-17 … 455.5 km (283 miles) = 41 hours 25 min
    Oct-17 … 647.1 km (402.1 miles) = 57 hours 19 min
    Nov-17 … 427.0 km (265.3 miles) = 50 hours 4 min
    Dec-17 … 553.5 km (343.9 miles) = 52 hours 12 min
    Jan-18 … 590.2 km (366.7 miles) = 57 hours 49 min
    Feb-18 … 826.9 km (513.8 miles) = 57 hours 35 min
    Mar-18 … 582.01 km (361.6 miles) = 50 hours 11 min
    Apr-18 … 176.23 km (109.5 miles) = 29 hours 47 min
    May -18 … 167.6 km (104.1 miles) = 29 hours 08 min
    June-18 … 349.9 km (217.4 miles) = 36 hours 58 minutes
    July-18 ... 324.2 km (201.5 miles) = 24 hours 26 minutes
    Aug-18 ... 210.1 km (130.6 miles) = 25 hours 59 minutes
    Sep-18 ... 261.7 km (162.6 miles) = 25 hours 11 minutes
    Oct-18 ... 230.8 km (143.4 miles) = 30 hours 15 minutes
    Nov-18 ... 216.8 km (134.7 miles) = 30 hours 3 minutes
    Dec-18 ... 285.2 km (177.2 miles) = 37 hours 49 minutes
    Jan-19 ... 241.6 km (150.1 miles) = 27 hours 2 minutes

Goal: Get some exercise in February.

I've been diagnosed with greater trochanteric pain syndrome in my right hip and right lumbar facet joint inflammation in my back. Plus I've got the flu right now.

Hence ... running behind on the goals and going back to the basics.

Friday, 1 February 2019 ... 0.9 km hobbling
    Saturday, 2 February 2019 ... 0.0 rest day!
    Sunday, 3 February 2019 ... 0.0 rest day!
    Monday, 4 February 2019 ... 1.3 km slow walking
    Tuesday, 5 February 2019 ... 0.80 km slow walking
    Wednesday, 6 February 2019 ... 1.3 km slow walking
    Thursday, 7 February 2019 ... 0.8 km slow walking

Friday, 8 February 2019 ... 5.7 km slow walking with breaks
    Saturday, 9 February 2019 ... 3.9 km slow walking with breaks + 20 km cycling
    Sunday, 10 February 2019 ... 4 km slow walking with breaks + 21 km cycling
    Monday, 11 February 2019 ... 1.5 km slow walking with breaks
    Tuesday, 12 February 2019 ... 2 km walking + 4 flights of 20 stairs
    Wednesday, 13 February 2019 ... 3 km walking + 2 flights of 20 stairs
    Thursday, 14 February 2019 ... 2.5 km walking + 4 flights of 20 stairs

Friday, 15 February 2019 ... 2.6 km walking + 6 flights of 20 stairs
    Saturday, 16 February 2019 ... 5 km walking + 15.19 km cycling
    Sunday, 17 February 2019 ... 15.44 km cycling
    Monday, 18 February 2019 ... 2.6 km walking + 6 flights of 20 stairs
    Tuesday, 19 February 2019 ... 0.8 km walking
    Wednesday, 20 February 2019 ... 1.8 km walking + 2 flights of 20 stairs
    Thursday, 21 February 2019 ... 1.8 km walking + 4 flights of 20 stairs

Friday, 22 February 2019 ... 0.8 km walking + 2 flights of 20 stairs
    Saturday, 23 February 2019 ... 2 km walking + 23.05 km cycling
    Sunday, 24 February 2019 ... 1.5 km walking + 20.53 km cycling
    Monday, 25 February 2019 ... 2 km walking
    Tuesday, 26 February 2019 ... 3.1 km walking + 4 flights of 20 stairs

2019 Monthly February
    Walking Distance (km): 51.7
    Walking Time (min): 646.3
    Cycling Distance (km): 115.2
    Cycling Time (min): 363.8
    Stairs Climbed Number: 32.0
    Stairs Climbed Time (min): 25.6

Totals
    Total Distance (km): 166.9
    Total Distance (miles): 103.7
    Total Time (min): 1035.7
    Total Time (hr): 17:15:40

Walking To Date
    2019 - 154.57 km
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    machka~ I guess I am expecting more than I am getting lol.. im not as active as you all are, and maybe thats my problem... will make a point to set my alarm for an hour earlier and get my butt to the gym down the hall..
    and I know muscle weighs more than fat.. so there is that.. I for sure am not giving up and can't wait for warmer weather to get outside more..
  • Machka9
    Options
    machka~ I guess I am expecting more than I am getting lol.. im not as active as you all are, and maybe thats my problem... will make a point to set my alarm for an hour earlier and get my butt to the gym down the hall..
    and I know muscle weighs more than fat.. so there is that.. I for sure am not giving up and can't wait for warmer weather to get outside more..

A normal, healthy weight loss is 1-2 lbs/week, which is exactly what you've done! Well done! Keep up the good work. :)
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    It was a MUCH better day yesterday, thank you all for the support. Got five grants out the door as well - but three were effectively identical, just the locations and the statistics changed. Still, a personal best. And yes, there is a connection between a busy day at work and a good day for me on the personal side. When I'm engrossed in work, I can push the pain to the side. Which is probably why my "descend into the fetal position, I'm so pitiful-party," days tend to come on Sundays.

Today is catch-up, get all grants filed in the folders where they go, extraneous material cleaned out/archived. Yesterday's marathon grant-a-palooza freed up some mental space to finally do some research in the next few days before a report that I have to write on Thursday.

Allie
    - good advice and counsel from Machka, so I don't have to inflict a lecture on you. :) Twelve pounds in two months is AWESOME, but your body can't sustain that kind of weight loss long-term, it naturally slows down. It's a marathon, not a sprint. :wink:

KJ - still thinking about you.

Rita - glad your little raptor didn't permanently damage you! Hope the results of the mammo are good.

Rori - always good to see you post, we're getting a few days of sunshine as well before the rains come in this weekend, really enjoying them.

My husband very optimistically planted almost a dozen fruit trees on Sunday. Hopefully they will survive the lighter frosts yet to come and the deer long enough to get grown. Love being married to an optimist for the last ten years, after the first 27-year marriage where I lived with an Eeyore.

My physical therapist is due at 11. Have to remember to take a precautionary pain pill at 10, as the aftermath is seldom pleasant!

Love y'all,
    Lisa
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

:)Allie, being more active will make a difference. I've noticed in your posts that you mention a lot of things that fill your day, but walking, going to the gym, etc. are not among them. Your weight loss so far is great but weight loss is not linear and will slow down and speed up over time. Just stay with your plan and seek every opportunity to be active.