The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,211 Member
    Options
    Sure sounds like stress to me. It can really mess you up.

Current conditions here are 3 degrees, 10-15 mph winds, and snowing. Love the conditions but it sure makes it hard to get out and ride.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Freakin' sunny here but -20C. Hubby & I went out for a walk up the mountain behind the house the other day. The poor birds all think it's spring ('cause it's the end of Feb) and they are all fluffed up and singing up a storm in the trees. Even the red-wing blackbirds are back and the ponds are all frozen, I can't think where they are finding homes yet.
    rdzwaclet6jo.jpg
    kzqnidvc2kal.jpg

• Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Looks gorgeous. Too dang cold for my liking though.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Agreed. You couldn't get me out for recreation in that kind of cold!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Looks beautiful! That looks like an ideal afternoon. I'm suppose to go snowshoeing in the morning but we'll see if the wind keeps up. I'm not a fan of frostbite and it's currently -6 degrees F with 10 mph winds. That's -23 for you metric folks. It's supposed to get up to 23 tomorrow so I'll be antsy to get outside. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Not my night. Put down a dog that I've worked with for years. Then had one crash from heart failure. Some nights I wish I had gone into computers instead. If I spend another morning with my daughter screaming at my wife instead of letting me sleep, I may be in jail tomorrow night.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    So, I had to call the fire dept at about 5:45 this morning because the smoke detectors were going off for like an hour and I was losing my mind. Two sleepy-looking and slightly grumpy guys showed up and discovered one of them was faulty and disconnected it. Landlord is replacing it tomorrow. HOWEVER, in the process of trying to trip the breaker to get the smoke detector to shut up (that's the last time I listen to Dr. Google), I knocked the internet out, which I cannot get set back up because my name is not on the account, so I can't give CenturyLink the authorization take the necessary action to fix it. 😡😡😡
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I think I just want to cancel them and get internet elsewhere, but I'm not sure I can even do that. Maybe I'll just quit paying them and let that problem resolve itself. It's not like like I need to worry about my mom's cred rating.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    @sufferlandrian -hope tomorrow goes better. I'd stuff a sock in your kid's mouth for you if I could. Praying for your wife.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Looks beautiful! That looks like an ideal afternoon. I'm suppose to go snowshoeing in the morning but we'll see if the wind keeps up. I'm not a fan of frostbite and it's currently -6 degrees F with 10 mph winds. That's -23 for you metric folks. It's supposed to get up to 23 tomorrow so I'll be antsy to get outside. :smile:

I will no longer complain about the cold around me lol. Just that it's raining again. We had 2 whole days of sun and that's it. Rain thru the weekend. And I hope your daughter is a little more cooperative tomorrow, for you and your wife's sake.

Calls tonight have been crazy already but almost everyone has waiting an hour to call about things. It makes no sense to me at all. Just call us, not your boyfriend, not your mom. The police.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @Bethanie - I'm not sure how you don't just come unglued on these guys sometime. I've got a client who called and wants to talk about how her dog had to suffer because my diagnosis was wrong. I told her it could be cancer and if the dog wasn't getting better to see her regular vet. Two weeks later she sees her regular vet. They don't diagnose anything but offer a biopsy and she declined. They put the dog down and now she wants to discuss how I made her dog suffer. Fortunately my office manager told her it may be a couple days before I could get back to her. That will give me a couple days to not come unhinged on her. :frowning:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    This job has changed my view of people for the worst and I don't think I'll ever see people in general, in a good light. A person can be amazing; as a whole, we suck.

I'm going to try to not eat my feelings for the next 5.5 hours lol. I have 4.3 miles to go so I hit my 100 mile goal for the month of February so I want to knock that out before I go home. Hubs has an MRI and Dr appt later today so I won't be walking around too much.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Maybe you can walk the halls while he is in the MRI. Even for an MRI that would be a lot of miles. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Luckily, he's having done at his neurologist's office. The MRI is at 1130ish and his appt with the Dr is at 1p. It's super convenient how they have it set up. So I'm just plodding along at my console.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Just got off the exercise bike taking on another 14 miles. Need another 12 to make it to 250. That was my goal but yours is more impressive. I did mine on a bike.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Way to go guys! Just getting up and walking in my backyard neighbourhood seems to be the extent of my extracurricular exercise these days. Sending out mellow vibes to all of you/us going thru stress!!!!. Tomorrow is another day and a chance for improvement, yeah.
  • abbiangel77
    abbiangel77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There used to be an official MFP nightshift thread...what happened to all my fellow night shifters?
    Hello all
    I’m in!!!
    I just starting to figure this app out so if I flub let me know!!
    I have gained a lot since starting overnights
    I used to eat to stay awake ( that’s what I told myself )
    Now I have a protein shake and water I feel better and am starting to lose weight but...
    I still hit my nodding time at around 4:30am every night and crave the sugary salty stuff
    Any suggestions
    Thanks in advance
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Welcome, @abbiangel77 - night shifters RULE! B)
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I can't believe I got sick again!!! This is ridiculous! Had my teeth cleaned and the fluoride always makes me nauseous. However, it really did a number on me this time.
  • jennifer_417
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @sufferlandrian -hope you're feeling better!

I've been sick, too, but it's the "spend all day sleeping on the couch" variety. Eventually I got tired of being sick and made myself a sweet potato cinnamon roll cake (that's normal, right?). I'm waiting for it to cool now, but it looks glorious.