Dont know what to eat to bulk

Options
I’m bulking using compound lifts a few times a week I know I need to eat about 2500 calories but I’m not sure what kind of things to eat
Can anyone give me suggestions
I don’t eat junk food at all or sugary drinks
My go to is pasta but I don’t know if that’s right
Open to suggestions

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Definitely check out the above links, but the answer is always peanut butter.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

And ice cream.
  • NaturalGainsRecned
    Options
    Rice, oats, nuts, pasta, chicken, beef, turkey, fish, steak, bread, peanut butter, ice cream, milk, eggs, bacon, cheese, yogurt, protein powder, etc....
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options

And ice cream.

@patrickrea2002 I dont know where you are based but Halo Top is quite a nice ice cream or if you are on this side of the Atlantic as in Ireland and England, Breyers is better than Halo Top.
  • patrickrea2002
    patrickrea2002 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    So all of u guys are saying that I should just do a dirty bulk and eat everything that I can because when u first start lifting because of newbie gains you don’t gain fat?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and trail mix are always part of my bulking diet.
  • CharlieCharlie007
    CharlieCharlie007 Posts: 246 Member
    Options

And ice cream.

Cake...lots of cake..........but only on saturday ater 5pm.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

And ice cream.

Together.
  • Tammyrae99
    Tammyrae99 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    All the foods you feel like eating!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »

And ice cream.

@patrickrea2002 I dont know where you are based but Halo Top is quite a nice ice cream or if you are on this side of the Atlantic as in Ireland and England, Breyers is better than Halo Top.

But not necessarily helpful when someone is trying to bulk. Full fat ice cream would be more helpful in that situation.

not sure why this got woo'd - why people continue to offer low calorie options for ppl trying to gain weight i'll never know
  • quiksylver296
    Options

And ice cream.

But not necessarily helpful when someone is trying to bulk. Full fat ice cream would be more helpful in that situation.

not sure why this got woo'd - why people continue to offer low calorie options for ppl trying to gain weight i'll never know

Because full fat ice cream is WOO HOO!!! ;)
  • deannalfisher
    Options

And ice cream.

i mean i ALWAYS have a pint of Haagan-Daas in the freezer (yeah i can't spell) - and even if its only a bite - i try to finagle into my foods most days (that pint will last me like a month)
  • quiksylver296
    Options

And ice cream.

i mean i ALWAYS have a pint of Haagan-Daas in the freezer (yeah i can't spell) - and even if its only a bite - i try to finagle into my foods most days (that pint will last me like a month)

Ben and Jerry's The Tonight Dough. But it's a splurge for me, because once it's open, I'll eat the whole pint. 1240 calories of full-fat yum!
  • deannalfisher
    Options

And ice cream.

Ben and Jerry's The Tonight Dough. But it's a splurge for me, because once it's open, I'll eat the whole pint. 1240 calories of full-fat yum!

i'm a delayed gratification girl - lol! unless we are talking gummy bears or similar - then i can demonlish a whole bag of them in short time :)