2019 Welcome Noobs to MFP

Replies

• IndigoWitch
    IndigoWitch Posts: 54 Member
    Hello! I'm completely new to MFP. I've heard of it but never jumped in. What's changed for me is that I am now serious about getting healthy and fit! I'm 50, and lucky to have my health and I want to keep it that way. So my goal is to lose 40 pounds by September 15th and hopefully have some fun while I'm at it. I love to run, but I am going to sideline the running, and focus on introducing strength training and some yoga (which will be completely new to me). Good Luck to all!!!
  • ladytreena
    ladytreena Posts: 4 Member
    How do I become a member I can’t figure it out 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️
  • robertkimble
    robertkimble Posts: 17 Member
    New here,

Over the past 5 weeks or so I have lost about 12-15 pounds and now just trying to lose that stubborn belly and try to get the abs to show through.
    Any good eating tricks for that?

Thanks
  • Seralexa2019
    Seralexa2019 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello everyone! I'm super excited to be here and part of the community. This is not the first time I've attempted to get healthy, but this time I feel like I'm walking in with more will power and energy. I'm really looking forward to talking with other members and sharing ideas. 😊
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    ladytreena wrote: »
    How do I become a member I can’t figure it out 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️

What do you want to join? This is just an open thread for those new to MFP. Nothing to join here. Just continue to post here if you like.

There are some groups on MFP that you have to join, and the instructions for that are usually in the first post in the thread.
  • popcorn2010
    popcorn2010 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi all! I have been away for many years and am looking to re-start my health journey! I'll take any tips or other forums/groups to join for others in the same situation. I got off track for awhile and am looking for MFP to help my surge of motivation right now! =) Happy Tuesday everybody. =)
  • rconboy64
    rconboy64 Posts: 128 Member
    Starting over for the eleventieth time. I am ready.
  • annec75
    annec75 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone, my name is Anne and I am from Wild WONDERFUL West Virginia. My Wright loss journey starts tomorrow and I need as much support that you can give.☺
  • HelloKittyFan1998
    HelloKittyFan1998 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm Sydney and would like to lose a good amount of weight.
    I've just started today and would like to have some support! Thanks!
  • pelly926
    pelly926 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, I'm Mimi and about to turn 50. Wanting to fight off menopause and would love some support! First time using any of these apps and hoping it will make a difference.
  • mahmoudasad
    mahmoudasad Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone, Mahmoud here from Cairo, Egypt.
    I'm quite the hard gainer, so my current goal is to gain size and muscle.
    Trying a caloric surplus plus a 5x5 program 💪💪
  • dasham1218
    dasham1218 Posts: 15 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm new here and just starting my weight loss journey like literally getting serious about it TODAY! :# lol I welcome all the insight, tips, recipes and motivation you can provide and I look forward to sharing my updates with you! :) Feel free to add me as a friend! Good luck to you all on becoming a better, healthier YOU! <3
  • danicafitzpatrick
    danicafitzpatrick Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, I'm Danica. I'm new to the group. I'm on a journey to live a healthier lifestyle. I'm looking for healthy snack options, meals, work outs, etc.
  • IxchelsSong
    IxchelsSong Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I just joined today and am trying to improve my diet. I like to cook, but it's not easy where I am living right now, so my diet has suffered. I'm hoping the guilt factor will motivate me to try harder! xb.

My main nooby question today is about adding an exercise. I have been doing pottery for 4-5 days most weeks, and since starting that my arm muscles have grown exponentially (slight exaggeration)! But I have no idea how to describe it/compare to other exercises. We roll clay often, which is much like rolling dough, if you're a baker, but the clay is usually harder to roll than bakery dough. So what can I compare that to??
  • aphasiaman
    aphasiaman Posts: 3 Member
    I am posting for my husband . He is T1 Diabetic on Keto/modified atkins diet for seizure control and blood glucose control. I do not know how to work with "my fitness pal", but need to log exercise and food eaten/nutrition at physician request. We "are" under physician supervision. I posted a question about the exercise log yesterday but can't find it now. We exercise on a ZAAZ eliptical vibration plate machine. I guess I am clueless about what I'm doing. Also I need to find how to post Factor 75 keto meals. They told me all their meals are in your database. I am not finding them. Probably searching incorrectly. My Husband is underweight. Would like to get his weight up.
  • SSassyy
    SSassyy Posts: 4 Member
    Hi all just getting back into the swing of things ..
  • anicole144
    anicole144 Posts: 125 Member
    Very new, but am excited to learn from other and help motivate them too! Im here to keep up a healthy lifestyle along with making new friends along the way! Add me, I always accept requests! 😌😌
  • slimdavid6872
    slimdavid6872 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I am David and I need to loose 86lbs and I am looking forward to this journey.
  • KKsGirl
    KKsGirl Posts: 12 Member
    I’m new here on MFP but not new to watching my weight. Looking forward to crushing my weight loss goals in April!
  • Yehaw37
    Yehaw37 Posts: 8 Member
    I heard about MFP through my teacher and I thought might as well lose some weight for my Quinceñera.
This discussion has been closed.