Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Morning All - Busy today - Son moving it the renovated house today -Still a work in progress but SO much better! Got 17,651 steps in yesterday. 5 miles with my running buddies yesterday morning and then I hit the antique stores for the rest of the day. Walllllllked a lot!!
    Hope everyone has an awesome Sunday filled with love and laughter!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Here is for Suzu's son moving into house--

lh36gebz3mah.png

gze3mwnkm3j6.png

What is a Sunday without Richard Simmons?? Just not the same.
  • mypixiedesigns
    mypixiedesigns Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am not sure how many of you use a Garmin but there is a newer feature for many of the tracker models called Garmin Coach. You select a coach and then you get a training plan from that coach to get you ready for a 5K. I just finished my second week. I selected Jeff as my coach and my 5K in June since I hate running and I am super out of shape. I have to say it’s going great and I am sure happy with my selection of coach Jeff.

Check it out if you have a Garmin. I recommend coach Jeff if you a rew to running or out of shape. I hear good things about coach Amy too.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    7387 total steps,

New drink half ginger/honey tea and half hot chocolate...... gets twice the liquid into me with less sugar.

Saw some sun this afternoon and took a walk just to stand and look at the sun. Enjoyed it very much - 3k of those steps came from that walk and the dog walk afterwards.

Birdie - I like the way the dryer is tucked under the counter top giving you work space as well. Consider your dinner a celebration of a job well done!

Wishing all a good night.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Scale up 0.6 glad its just ounces.

QOTW: What will you be working on to be healthier?

AOTW: More water (seems I forget to drink enough) and keep walking over 7k a day.

Parly cloudy skies today so no reason not to walk. I can go out and enjoy the dry weather.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Twiley510 wrote: »
    This was from day one of my Kickstart

SW 222
    CW 172.2 down .4 from yesterday
    GW 165 by March 25
    UGW 105

The Kickstart is now complete. Progress! Down 2.4 lbs in three days.

I would be lying if I said I'm not a little disappointed, but I was not able to eat all the food prescribed nor was I able to drink enough water.

Right now, I can feel a lot of water retention in my legs and hands. I expect a whoosh (Keto term for three or more lbs lost in a day) later this week.

If everything stays on track, I should make my goal a bit earlier than expected. Then on to my next step of 150 before the end of the year.

SW 222
    CW 169.8
    GW 165 by March 25
    UGW 105
  • suzu_2
    Options
    Morning All! Thanks for the congrats on the steps, but I just undid all of those good miles!!#@! :s I did not log AT ALL yesterday AND I ate out of control for the first time in 50+days!!! I gained 2.5 pounds yesterday according to my scale!! Back to the drawing board today. Sheeesh - This is why I need a support group (or a keeper... or to have my jaws wired shut... Lol)

@Twiley510 I may need your 90 day challenge link. Apparently I can't be trusted around food.

Sara - I'm starting a boat fund for you and the pup.

@arniedog74 - How much snow did you end up getting??

@mypixiedesigns - That is a great feature. One of my running friends had that and really liked it.

Dang - Can't believe it is Monday already (In my case it may be a good thing just to get me back on a routine)!

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hello! Monday! Sun is shining here, but -30 F windchills. WTH. but weekend forecast shows +33 one day at a time! We tap trees for maple syrup - so that will be Saturday's project. Should help with steps.
    I watched a training called Living lean. It is amazing how sometimes things can really get you to think. I always was told about food choices - make better choices, etc. that still stands mostly but the choice really is everytime I want to eat something that is not good for my body - is my choice to live the lean life or is my choice to live with the consequences (weight gain, high blood sugar, feeling fat, etc) Can it be that simple - well no, because I am sure I will still choose the consequences. But maybe....some positive imaging and self talk I will choose to live lean more often? How come I am just thinking this at 50? geesh.
    Birdie!!!! I LOVE your laundry room. Great colors! it must even make doing laundry kind of nice (:
    Twiley - great job on reaching your goals!
    Hello Suzu - be kind to yourself. Your scale will react down quickly again when you are back on track.
    Hello Lana and Sara and all others who drop by.
    Lynn
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    suzu_2 wrote: »
    @Twiley510 I may need your 90 day challenge link. Apparently I can't be trusted around food.

I'm following a Keto group on Facebook called "Push for Your Better." The 90 Day Switch is to get us back on track with strict Keto. We started with a super restrictive 3-day Kickstart that is available on the announcement page once you are in the group. It is designed to put you in ketosis or deeper into ketosis.

Hope this screenshot works:

c4dsbzfpdijs.png

The challenge link closed last night, unfortunately. But, we are simply following the meal plans sent out on Friday by Amy Smith. You can sign up for those at www.ucanketo.com. Don't have to be a member of the Facebook group to sign up and everything is free!

I, personally, am not following the meal plans because I am keeping it very simple. I eat roasted meat and raw, steamed, or roasted green vegetables with healthy fats. I measure all my portions and track everything here.

Good Luck with whatever plan you choose to get back on track!

@brennerjlb Thank you!

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    suzu - boat fund - love the idea - must have cboy sailor neither my dog nor I know how to handle a boat......

Miss T is locked up in her travel cage so the city can inspect the apartments :s good news one of the maintenance men offered to let her out when they were done with my place.

twiley I would do the dance of joy but I am afraid I might hurt myself, doing it in my head for you.

at work bbl
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Feels like its been forever since I posted here. Miss you guys! Thought I was over stomach bug 2 weeks ago, just in time to travel for work last week, which meant eating out every day. :s Now I am either sick again or the eating out all the time has caused some serious "gastric distress." Feel horrible. Will be headed to doctor's if this doesn't improve by tomorrow.
    On the bright side, I have dropped weight, although being sick is not a good weight-loss program by any means. I know it will all pop back on as soon as I can kick this bug. Ugh!

CW - 153
    HW - 216
    GW - 150
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,745 Member
    Options
    Again I was way behind. I am finding myself a little overwhelmed by so much to do on electronics. Even my new crafting hobby requires it now. I love it, but I guess I like working with my hands.

I have steadily been applying for jobs but no bites yet. On Indeed you get a notification if your resume is viewed, mine isn’t even being viewed so I can’t even blame it on the content.

Hopefully something comes along soon, our daughters wedding is creeping up on us fast.

Tracey
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Suzu- we were lucky... only a couple inches of snow... thank goodness.. but, temps are much like Lynn's... yesterday 9° today, we've managed to make it to 17 with windchill -14... windchill advisory pretty much says, don't go out if you don't have to... definitely did not like walking pups this morning, they wanted out and right back in..

Sara- cabana boy would be perfect for boat... nice of maintenance man to offer to let Miss T out..

Kathy- sorry about tummy issues. Hope you get feeling better, soon...

Tracey- I used Indeed before I got current job....I would get notifications for jobs that I had no interest or qualifications. But, I do think it is a good way to get yourself out there... good luck to you!

Lynn- I would be same. I know to make better choices to feel better... yet, I continue to eat junk. I tell myself, i'm eating less... but, still not good choices...

Lana- waves... hope you are doing well...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    11075 total steps - if I have to print items the printer is across the department and gives me more steps.....

with any luck rain only after work/dinner.

Job searches are one of the most stressful things to go through, network, someone knows of a job you can do.... Keep up the good but hard work.

Wishing all a good night.
  • suzu_2
    Options
    Evening All -

Birdie :) - I LOVE the laundry room. Great colors and a lot of folding space. Good job!
    Twiley - You are doing so well! Thank you for the information - I've never done the Keto thing, but I feel like I just need a little jump-start.
    Kathy - Feel Better!!
    Night Sara and Pup!
    Lynn - I can't even fathom living in temperatures that cold. I am afraid my fingers would just drop off. The maple tapping sounds interesting. Do you take it somewhere to cook and bottle, or do you do your own?
    Heading to bed - long day tomorrow.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Lady we sent to ER is back at work again. To say I was surprised is an understatement. It happens again and 911 gets called that is a promise.

Coworker showed me finger guards used when cutting food on cutting boards. I showed her Skinnytaste.com so now we both have something to think about. :D

Weathermen are probably getting gray hair this year - they keep changing the forecast. Will have to take umbrella to work.....

Will share the last of my Girl Scout cookies - rest are in freezer as ice cream sandwiches.

Wave to all who follow. Serious lurking from work day. :p

• stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Morning to all,
    Suzu that weight gain was all the new muscles you Are building 💪😉
    Snowflake my hubby had about 4 months looking for a job and out of the blue a former employer contacted him for new opportunity. Keep the faith! Sending you hugs
    Lovely ladies thank you for kind words on laundry room redo
    Lynn so excited to hear maple tree tapping. Sure sign of spring.
    Twiley you are inspiration! A new day to start again on this journey
    Sara amazed at all the steps and pup cuddles you get
    I enjoy this community so much! Thanks for letting me join in!
    Waves and hugs to all
    Birdie
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Morning...I am banking on the fact that this AM is is. The last negative day this winter! Dog and I did get a short walk in -15 but we were troopers. Had to run off some of her energy! But I will take these temps over floods and tornados. My heart goes out to all those who have lost their homes and lives in fire, floods and other weather!
    Suzu - we have an outside wood fireplace and big steel pans that we cook it down. Last year was our first effort as we just moved to the area. Worked pretty well actually. Fun activity as it warms up.
    Tracey - HI! I was just thinking about you. I agree...the perfect job is waiting for you. And I believe my weekly countdown is at 21 weeks! yikes. Those weddings are sneaking up on us!
    Hello Birdie, Sara, Missy, Lana, Dawn and all others who pass by while I lurk!
    Lynn
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,850 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Good morning everyone~~

I have missed you very much. Time to go back a few chapters and get caught up with what's going on.

So glad to be back from 3 weeks at my in-laws House of Bread.

*tossing mystery novel and beach bag onto favorite lounge chair (on the sand beach) for later*

ke8uxo163ngw.jpeg

Lana

246.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal